talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Bloody joke isn't it.... This silliness just keeps coming and coming... 

Indeed!

But I find it hilarious that some need this. Trust me mate (and you have daughters) there are people that NEED such ridiculous methods which actually means that even though I find it absolutely ridiculous and hate control of any type... The politicising of something like this may be necessary. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

The thing with smoking is that 8 out of 10 people who pick up smoking is because of direct or indirect influence of others aka smoking makes you look cool and also there is passive smoking too. 

Yeah I've always thought it was bizarre that people start smoking to be cool, they don't enjoy it, but they carry on until they can't stop. I mean cigarette companies paid the movie industry to have people smoking in their films. You've all been tricked into paying to slowly kill yourselves.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah I've always thought it was bizarre that people start smoking to be cool, they don't enjoy it, but they carry on until they can't stop. I mean cigarette companies paid the movie industry to have people smoking in their films. You've all been tricked into paying to slowly kill yourselves.

It actually goes beyond being tricked!

Even the stupidest individual knows the harm smoking can cause these days before they even begin the morbid adventure into cancer and finally death.

But yet they do so anyway and yes, peer pressure has a lot to do with it but today you can’t even blame the movie industry like it used to be back in the day. 

It actually goes to show how weak minded humans are and how easily led they are without too much effort put into those that are trying to manipulate the individual.

We are all susceptible to all of this and more because it benefits the system even though they make it seem it is the total opposite.  

39 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Same thing can be said with Fast food. The saturated fat and cholesterol that has led to countless heart diseases.

A shame too because fast food and takeaways are very convenient and cheap for most people. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
Just now, ...Dan said:

Yeah I agree that it's just as bad, but at least people enjoy it.

I enjoyed smoking when I smoked. I actually like the taste of tobacco and still enjoy a cigarillo every once in a while. Cigarettes though are absolutely vile.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I take it you disagree? 

Yes. No one sees Fast Food as cool. Just like Dan said in movies smoking is associated with badass/cool guys so as in general public hence we have members posting their pictures with smoking a cigarette :ph34r:  

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Five people i know started smoking because of people around them also smoke, so in order to fit in and not to be seen as the weak link they started too.

While if you are around people who eat lots of fast food and you don't, you are seen as the smarter one.

THat's just fucking stupid though. Like @SirBalon callously said about fast food in that those who eat it are just 'thick' or 'lazy', the same can be said about people who start smoking just because others do and just to be cool; not man enough to make their own decisions for themselves.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

THat's just fucking stupid though. Like @SirBalon callously said about fast food in that those who eat it are just 'thick' or 'lazy', the same can be said about people who start smoking just because others do and just to be cool; not man enough to make their own decisions for themselves.

The thing with smoking is that many times others mock you for not doing so ' Why don't you try ? You are such a kid ' especially in colleges and schools. Can't say about fast food

52 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Yes. No one sees Fast Food as cool. Just like Dan said in movies smoking is associated with badass/cool guys so as in general public hence we have members posting their pictures with smoking a cigarette :ph34r:  

Not as cool, but being tricked into slowly killing ourselves. 

Cholesterol and Saturated fat is the number one cause of heart disease. 

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Azeem said:

The thing with smoking is that many times others mock you for not doing so ' Why don't you try ? You are such a kid ' especially in colleges and schools. Can't say about fast food

I'd rather be a kid and be healthy with clean(er) lungs though than grow up with higher chance of cancer and disease cos of smoking... 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Marlboro Red :$

I stopped smoking a year ago on 8th of December, I remember that day well as I ended up in the hospital with a collapsed lung, in there for two weeks and discharged after having a minor op, have not smoked since.

The money saved though was phenomenal, a  packet of the cheap brand of cigarette up here was £7.35 at that time and as my wife does not smoke the things we have bought is just crazy, lovely going into a shop and just hand over the dosh, going to the local club later and every time I sink a pint of lager I will say to myself "this is cheaper than buying a packet of cigs!!   

• Upvote 2