talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm a little conflicted right now. I have finally eased into my role at my current job, I feel confident, I like most of my co-workers, and I'm getting steady hours. However, next week I have an interview at a regular Starbucks, I feel the room for self-improvement and earning potential is higher at Starbucks, but there is no guarantee that I will enjoy that work environment again nor have the same stable hours as I do now. Starbucks does give me a lot more benefits (free coffee, tea, and what-have-you), shares, potential for free* education, and tips (necessary). 

We'll see what happens...

If it goes tits up at Starbucks would your current employers be willing to take you back?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

You don't think tips and stock is a benefit?

Tips yeah, but unless you're taking home bags of coffee to sell on then I wouldn't call it a benefit. Water is free wherever you go.

But you living in America I imagine tips are very important to your income. Where you working now?

54 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tips yeah, but unless you're taking home bags of coffee to sell on then I wouldn't call it a benefit. Water is free wherever you go.

But you living in America I imagine tips are very important to your income. Where you working now?

You do know I mean stock as in shares right!? 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

You do know I mean stock as in shares right!? 

No haha, thought you was still banging on about free coffee. But still, are shares really worth it? Worked for companies that offer them to employees, more of a perk to a long term job than a reason to work somewhere.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If there's a pain worse than toothache, I hope to never experience it. In absolute agony here.

Might be stating the obvious but get it checked sooner rather than later. Pain might subside in couple days whatever it may be but the problem might not go fully. 

I've had toothache before where the nerve was exposed and it was excruciating. However, still not the worst pain I've experienced. Kidney stones beats that, for me. Simply because you have to wait it out and painkillers don't always work. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

If there's a pain worse than toothache, I hope to never experience it. In absolute agony here.

Been there.... You have my sympathies, don't drink alcohol while you have it 

That along with a bad back and I am told earache are the worst kinds of pain, not experienced earache so not experienced that one

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Been there.... You have my sympathies, don't drink alcohol while you have it 

Funnily enough when I had my toothache, bit of brandy on some cotton wool numbed the pain and helped me get to sleep! 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Funnily enough when I had my toothache, bit of brandy on some cotton wool numbed the pain and helped me get to sleep! 

If you took it like I did where you stuffed the cotton wool in the end of the bottle and kept swigging it most of the night then yea that will soon put you to sleep... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 2

On 21/09/2018 at 19:20, The Palace Fan said:

If it goes tits up at Starbucks would your current employers be willing to take you back?

Possibly. But it isn’t hard to find menial work.

On 21/09/2018 at 20:33, Danny said:

No haha, thought you was still banging on about free coffee. But still, are shares really worth it? Worked for companies that offer them to employees, more of a perk to a long term job than a reason to work somewhere.

Shares are $300-400 that I wouldn’t normally receive and appreciate in value because Starvucks is a monolith.

abd yes, people can earn considerable cash selling coffee on the sly. 

On 21/09/2018 at 23:26, Toinho said:

I’d see shares as a positive. I say go for Starbucks again, due to earning potential and career progression. Any new job comes with that unsure uneasy feeling that you’ll like the environment. Could be worth a go? Did you hate Starbucks last time? 

@Spike

I hated aspects of it but it depends on location and managers. If I can convince them I’m ready for a managerial spot, I’d probably take it. 

On 22/09/2018 at 22:30, Stan said:

My Granddad would give me whiskey when I had it as a kid. Swilling it around your mouth and then spitting it out swallowing it actually helped a lot.

I've found that Ibuprofen is the best for toothache and the worst are Codeine. The latter do absolutely nothing for toothache unless mixed with other painkillers, such as Paracetamol(another painkiller which is shite on its own) or ibuprofen itself. It's best to take 2 ibuprofen then 2 hours later have 2 cocodamol, then repeat the process. It should help eliminate the pain until you can see someone.

Speaking of the dentist, I got into a dentist the other day after not having one for years(it's been difficult to get one) and I have 6 things which need doing, all minor things(other than one, which is a root canal filling), but had I not gotten into this dentist now, then you never know if the problems could have worsened. All I need to do after that is have them whitened a bit and I'm happy then.

If you lived where @Blue does, then you could have just chewed on a coca leaf, that would do the trick I'd have imagined!

Edited by The Rebel CRS

5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

My Granddad would give me whiskey when I had it as a kid. Swilling it around your mouth and then spitting it out swallowing it actually helped a lot.

I've found that Ibuprofen is the best for toothache and the worst are Codeine. The latter do absolutely nothing for toothache unless mixed with other painkillers, such as Paracetamol(another painkiller which is shite on its own) or ibuprofen itself. It's best to take 2 ibuprofen then 2 hours later have 2 cocodamol, then repeat the process. It should help eliminate the pain until you can see someone.

Speaking of the dentist, I got into a dentist the other day after not having one for years(it's been difficult to get one) and I have 6 things which need doing, all minor things(other than one, which is a root canal filling), but had I not gotten into this dentist now, then you never know if the problems could have worsened. All I need to do after that is have them whitened a bit and I'm happy then.

If you lived where @Blue does, then you could have just chewed on a coca leaf, that would do the trick I'd have imagined!

Ibuprofen works most of the times, but once i had the worst toothache ever i took one and it didn't do nothing, after waiting like an hour hoping it would do something i decided to take another, and not only did it do nothing against the pain but i felt i was gonna die, my heart started pumping like crazy, i felt difficulty breathing and dizziness, it was actually strikingly similar than when i overdid it with coke! The funny thing is that a while after that i decided to go to ER and when i was sitting there waiting for them to take a look the pain magically went away, so in the end they didn't even take a look and i want back home. But long story short, i would advise against overdoing painkillers, if it says one each 6/8 hours respect it, because it will likely do more harm than good.

Edited by Berserker

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Ibuprofen works most of the times, but once i had the worst toothache ever i took one and it didn't do nothing, after waiting like an hour hoping it would do something i decided to take another, and not only did it do nothing against the pain but i felt i was gonna die, my heart started pumping like crazy, i felt difficulty breathing and dizziness, it was actually strikingly similar than when i overdid it with coke! The funny thing is that a while after that i decided to go to ER and when i was sitting there waiting for them to take a look the pain magically went away, so in the end they didn't even take a look and i want back home. But long story short, i would advise against overdoing painkillers, if it says one each 6/8 hours respect it, because it will likely do more harm than good.

A long while back I had the worst toothache you could imagine, I had cracked a tooth and it must have been right on the nerve as it was killing me, like you I was dosing up on Ibrupofen and Paracetamol to try and dull it down as I was working nights at the time but it was doing nothing for me and a mate told me he would give me one of his wife's tablets that she used ( she was wheelchair bound ) and had a lot of pain in her back and I was so desperate to get rid of the pain I popped one before going home in the morning, I was fine for about an hour but tried to go to bed but my body started shaking and I couldn't control it.. I got back out of bed and my heart was racing and I seriously felt like I was done for, my whole body went all strange and I could hardly stand, I was perfectly lucid in all other respects but started panicking a bit as I had never felt like that before.. Thought that was my lot

The missus started panicking as well and phoned the hospital and they told her to tell me to lay down but fuck that, I felt so bad I swear if I had laid down I felt was never going to be getting back up again so I just stood by the fireplace walking back and fourth hoping it would wear off, anyway they sent an ambulance and turns out I had just overdosed by taking the wrong combo of drugs, alone they were fine but had that last pill too many and it pushed my body over the edge.. It worked wonders for my tooth though, with all the distraction of thinking death was imminent turned out to be a positive distraction.. 

I don't panic about much I have to say but for sure I was cacking myself that night... never again!

35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A long while back I had the worst toothache you could imagine, I had cracked a tooth and it must have been right on the nerve as it was killing me, like you I was dosing up on Ibrupofen and Paracetamol to try and dull it down as I was working nights at the time but it was doing nothing for me and a mate told me he would give me one of his wife's tablets that she used ( she was wheelchair bound ) and had a lot of pain in her back and I was so desperate to get rid of the pain I popped one before going home in the morning, I was fine for about an hour but tried to go to bed but my body started shaking and I couldn't control it.. I got back out of bed and my heart was racing and I seriously felt like I was done for, my whole body went all strange and I could hardly stand, I was perfectly lucid in all other respects but started panicking a bit as I had never felt like that before.. Thought that was my lot

The missus started panicking as well and phoned the hospital and they told her to tell me to lay down but fuck that, I felt so bad I swear if I had laid down I felt was never going to be getting back up again so I just stood by the fireplace walking back and fourth hoping it would wear off, anyway they sent an ambulance and turns out I had just overdosed by taking the wrong combo of drugs, alone they were fine but had that last pill too many and it pushed my body over the edge.. It worked wonders for my tooth though, with all the distraction of thinking death was imminent turned out to be a positive distraction.. 

I don't panic about much I have to say but for sure I was cacking myself that night... never again!

Same, felt exactly the same and didn't lay down neither, started walking like crazy like you did. I swear being shot on an arm would hurt less than that fucking toothache, once i hurt my wrist by trying to land on it alone when i fell out of a fence about 2mts tall and had to wear a cast for like 3 months and the pain was nowhere near as bad as the toothache.

18 hours ago, Berserker said:

Yeah ibuprofen can have a negative effect on some people. My mother can't have them at all as it makes her dizzy as fuck(not like she isn't dizzy enough already :ph34r:) and start being sick. I suppose it's different for everyone. Paracetamol don't work for me unless mixed with Ibuprofen or codeine.

It's funny you say that about coke. I know a lad who has it all the time(well at weekends) over here with no negative effects but he told me that when he bought some in Mexico, he had a big line and it made him feel exactly how you explained it then. That south American shit is a different level to the bashed shite you get here xD. The problem is how cheap it is too, people are selling grams at like £70 here these days(it was £40 to £50 10 years ago though!), whereas you could probably pick one up for like £4 in Peru or Bolivia, so it would be easy for a European to go over the top.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah ibuprofen can have a negative effect on some people. My mother can't have them at all as it makes her dizzy as fuck(not like she isn't dizzy enough already :ph34r:) and start being sick. I suppose it's different for everyone. Paracetamol don't work for me unless mixed with Ibuprofen or codeine.

It's funny you say that about coke. I know a lad who has it all the time(well at weekends) over here with no negative effects but he told me that when he bought some in Mexico, he had a big line and it made him feel exactly how you explained it then. That south American shit is a different level to the bashed shite you get here xD. The problem is how cheap it is too, people are selling grams at like £70 here these days(it was £40 to £50 10 years ago though!), whereas you could probably pick one up for like £4 in Peru or Bolivia, so it would be easy for a European to go over the top.

I suppose the farther you go from the origin the more washed up it is. Although it could also be a case of it being more full of shite here to make it cheaper generally speaking. Regarding Ibuprofen, taking one most of the times does the trick for me, it was only that time where i took 2 in about an hour that it made me felt bad.

Edited by Berserker

19 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You should always look into tablets when mixing them mate. Some are safe to have with each other, such as Paracetamol and iburofen(you could even have codeine as well with them) but then there are others which are dangerous to take in combination with each other. So it's best to read up if not sure before taking anything. Google probably didn't exist then though if it was a while ago xD

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Oxycodone is the shit. 

Best high I've ever felt 

MDMA easily for me, but I'd rather not really get fucked at all these days. I can't be arsed with it all. Too old.

12 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I suppose the farther you go from the origin the more washed up it is. Although it could also be a case of it being more full of shite here to make it cheaper generally speaking. Regarding Ibuprofen, taking one most of the times does the trick for me, it was only that time where i took 2 in about an hour that it me felt bad.

And the more expensive it is. I bet Aussies pay £150 a gram and pretty much get caffeine powder :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

You should always look into tablets when mixing them mate. Some are safe to have with each other, such as Paracetamol and iburofen(you could even have codeine as well with them) but then there are others which are dangerous to take in combination with each other. So it's best to read up if not sure before taking anything. Google probably didn't exist then though if it was a while ago xD

Google???? I don't think I even had a mobile phone back then... 

You are right though, I normally only take anything as an absolute last resort but on this occasion I was in such agony it was either try something else or get home and pull the fucker out with a pair of pliers.. honesty mate I had tears running down my cheeks at times it was that bad.. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Google???? I don't think I even had a mobile phone back then... 

You are right though, I normally only take anything as an absolute last resort but on this occasion I was in such agony it was either try something else or get home and pull the fucker out with a pair of pliers.. honesty mate I had tears running down my cheeks at times it was that bad.. 

For muscle pains and even broken bones, I think smoking weed actually helps, especially in combination with codeine, as you end up feeling so stoned that you forget all about it. But definitely not for toothache, as it makes it worse for some reason. You need some paracetamol or ibuprofen with it. What really gets rid of that pain though is when they give you anaesthetic, it's relieving as fuck.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

I took morphine for a tooth abcess once. Worst pain of  my life, I was writhing on the floor.

Toothache is one of the worst things ever... I was on holiday one summer and all of a sudden I was attacked with this affliction and that's that I attend the dentist religiously on my constant visits.  I didn't want to interrupt my holiday so I ignored it and it got to a stage where I was like you and I can take pain, but not that.  Went to a private dentist and he gave me morphine for the pain but I wanted the molar out!  He said that with the infection he couldn't do that so I pulled it out myself with a pair of pliers...  I'm not even joking but that's how bad it was and how much I wished for it all to end.  The morphine just made me feel stupid which is why I made the decision to pull it out myself.  On my return to the dentist he said I was a fool and that I could've died with the infection set in and pulling it out.  I told him that getting rid of the pain INSTANTLY was a risk worth taking at the time.  That's how bad that pain was.

• Haha 2