talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

I must say people of higher class in Peru are so detestable. They are unbelievably cold and arrogant. 

The worst type are the ones that hate the country and everything about it yet they support the Peruvian national football team. I am of that class but I am so different to the rest of them. Makes me almost ashamed to be in their category.

9 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I must say people of higher class in Peru are so detestable. They are unbelievably cold and arrogant. 

The worst type are the ones that hate the country and everything about it yet they support the Peruvian national football team. I am of that class but I am so different to the rest of them. Makes me almost ashamed to be in their category.

Its the same in most third world countries more so in some than others, elite class mostly are a bunch of self hating wannabe westerns who despise everything about their culture and country. The funny thing is they often themselves are treated like trash by White westerns but act like the same in their home countries as you said cold and arrogant 

• Subscriber

YAAHOOOO girls & guys, I'm a millionaire and all the drinks are on me compliments of the Nigerian government, just received this in my email, I think I will give them all my bank details and get that lovely dosh!!!! :coffee:

P.S. They spelt my name wrong though  xD 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png.66e53839528ff2bae70f9ee377844591.png

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

YAAHOOOO girls & guys, I'm a millionaire and all the drinks are on me compliments of the Nigerian government, just received this in my email, I think I will give them all my bank details and get that lovely dosh!!!! :coffee:

P.S. They spelt my name wrong though  xD 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png.66e53839528ff2bae70f9ee377844591.png

I'm guessing the guy that contacted you was named George as well. 

4203889533a5613998047l_400x400.jpg

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 1

• Administrator

Anyone else just randomly start to feel a bit...shit?

Even though everything in life seems quite rosy on the outset, I'm not sure if it's worries about work, family, money or just feeling worn down that's got me feeling like this tonight. Last couple of nights' sleep haven't been too great but I can't pinpoint on what it could be. Feel at a bit of a loss at the moment.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Even though everything in life seems quite rosy on the outset, I'm not sure if it's worries about work, family, money or just feeling worn down that's got me feeling like this tonight. Last couple of nights' sleep haven't been too great but I can't pinpoint on what it could be. Feel at a bit of a loss at the moment.

You are not alone mate... This week in particular has been a bad one for me personally, had a pretty bad chest infection the past 4 or 5 days and I have been waking up every hour coughing for the last 3 nights and for the life of me can't get any decent sleep and it's been a shift week on for me so I have been drained.. I have also been feeling a bit run down in other respects for the past couple of months and can't quite put my finger on whats wrong.. feel drained of energy and that's not like me at all.. I think having all the kids in the house has not helped as you never seem to get a moments peace and although I love my kids/Grandchildren you just crave a bit of peace and quiet for a change.. I can't help thinking that has something to do with it for me... 

• Sad 1

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You are not alone mate... This week in particular has been a bad one for me personally, had a pretty bad chest infection the past 4 or 5 days and I have been waking up every hour coughing for the last 3 nights and for the life of me can't get any decent sleep and it's been a shift week on for me so I have been drained.. I have also been feeling a bit run down in other respects for the past couple of months and can't quite put my finger on whats wrong.. feel drained of energy and that's not like me at all.. I think having all the kids in the house has not helped as you never seem to get a moments peace and although I love my kids/Grandchildren you just crave a bit of peace and quiet for a change.. I can't help thinking that has something to do with it for me... 

Sometimes can be a madhouse! Think I'll probably feel the same as you when I have 1 of my own let alone more than 1 or having grandchildren! 

I'm not sure why I feel so down at the moment. Usually I can pinpoint it especially if it's affecting my sleep as I usually sleep well. Funnily enough I actually had a dream last night that I was lost in this vast airport (think Heathrow or Gatwick x10) and no matter which way I turned I kept looping back on myself and couldn't find a way out. Really disconcerting and somewhat disturbing really. Maybe I'm just overthinking stuff. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Sometimes can be a madhouse! Think I'll probably feel the same as you when I have 1 of my own let alone more than 1 or having grandchildren! 

I'm not sure why I feel so down at the moment. Usually I can pinpoint it especially if it's affecting my sleep as I usually sleep well. Funnily enough I actually had a dream last night that I was lost in this vast airport (think Heathrow or Gatwick x10) and no matter which way I turned I kept looping back on myself and couldn't find a way out. Really disconcerting and somewhat disturbing really. Maybe I'm just overthinking stuff. 

Funny how worries and thoughts play on the mind... could be worries that are not all that obvious or just a period you are going through... 

Dreaming that you are lost indicates that you have lost your way in life. You need to get back on track. You are unsure where the right way to head is. If you are asking for help it means you realize that you cannot do things on your own and you want people to advise you. On the other hand, you might be places in a new situation that you are still trying to find your way around. If you dream of someone else being lost is suggests some problems you are having finding aspects of yourself. You have lost some aspect, you could notice in that person, which makes up your identity.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Every once in a while; for sure. I think most people do. Even if things are "normal" and you've got no serious problems to deal with, there's times when all sort of thoughts creep up on you seemingly out of nowhere. Maybe based in some uncertainty about something - whether it's work, finances, family, or just future in general. I think most of the time we're too busy with daily life to be dealing with all kind of thoughts and emotions so we just suppress or ignore them for a while but they still linger somewhere. Or maybe it's just good old melancholy. 

19 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Any chance for you to schedule a weekend getaway alone with your wife (or just with some friends) away from home? Sounds like you need a break...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Any chance for you to schedule a weekend getaway alone with your wife (or just with some friends) away from home? Sounds like you need a break...

I am trying to sort a few things out to give us a break where I can just for our own sanity... just so much going on it's proving to be more difficult than I thought.. funny enough I was talking to my sister only this week and she asked how things were because her partner had noticed that I was a bit under the weather and not my normal self the last time they were up so we had a chat about a few things and she said we were always welcome to go stay with them for a bit if we needed a break, she does not have kids herself and when she sees all the stuff we are going through with ours and the grandchildren she is fine keeping it that way.. xD

Strange really, I always thought that later in life the kids would have been all grown up and flown the nest like my eldest son has and yet we still have 3 and now we have their children in tow as well... it's just constant every day and I know it can't be good, I was always hoping that by now me an the other half would have been free to enjoy ourselves a bit more and pursue things we might like but it's not panning out like that at all... I mean we have had Leelah living with us for over 4 years now and now we have Mia as well and we have had one holiday for 5 days in that whole time where it was just me and the missus... 

Now I am not an over emotional type person or anything by any stretch but it's clear to me that I am not the same person I was a year ago, my outlook has been less positive and if you knew me personally you might find that hard to believe because on the outside I always come across with the same passion and enthusiasm I always have but inside I feel like all the positives are just slowly ebbing away bit by bit and it's changing me... I even had one of my team come up to me and ask if I was ok only yesterday which is worrying... I have always been good at keeping the home/work thing separate but if it's becoming obvious to my team as well that something is up I can't ignore that, I told him I appreciated him asking but I was fine and we cracked on..  

I will find a way to climb out of this hole because I always have and always will it's just in my nature but it's getting a lot tougher to do than it used to.. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Every once in a while; for sure. I think most people do. Even if things are "normal" and you've got no serious problems to deal with, there's times when all sort of thoughts creep up on you seemingly out of nowhere. Maybe based in some uncertainty about something - whether it's work, finances, family, or just future in general. I think most of the time we're too busy with daily life to be dealing with all kind of thoughts and emotions so we just suppress or ignore them for a while but they still linger somewhere. Or maybe it's just good old melancholy. 

True. I've put it down to stress from work as I had quite a productive day and got a lot done. Feel a bit more relieved of everything today and mood has changed.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am trying to sort a few things out to give us a break where I can just for our own sanity... just so much going on it's proving to be more difficult than I thought.. funny enough I was talking to my sister only this week and she asked how things were because her partner had noticed that I was a bit under the weather and not my normal self the last time they were up so we had a chat about a few things and she said we were always welcome to go stay with them for a bit if we needed a break, she does not have kids herself and when she sees all the stuff we are going through with ours and the grandchildren she is fine keeping it that way.. xD

Strange really, I always thought that later in life the kids would have been all grown up and flown the nest like my eldest son has and yet we still have 3 and now we have their children in tow as well... it's just constant every day and I know it can't be good, I was always hoping that by now me an the other half would have been free to enjoy ourselves a bit more and pursue things we might like but it's not panning out like that at all... I mean we have had Leelah living with us for over 4 years now and now we have Mia as well and we have had one holiday for 5 days in that whole time where it was just me and the missus... 

Now I am not an over emotional type person or anything by any stretch but it's clear to me that I am not the same person I was a year ago, my outlook has been less positive and if you knew me personally you might find that hard to believe because on the outside I always come across with the same passion and enthusiasm I always have but inside I feel like all the positives are just slowly ebbing away bit by bit and it's changing me... I even had one of my team come up to me and ask if I was ok only yesterday which is worrying... I have always been good at keeping the home/work thing separate but if it's becoming obvious to my team as well that something is up I can't ignore that, I told him I appreciated him asking but I was fine and we cracked on..  

I will find a way to climb out of this hole because I always have and always will it's just in my nature but it's getting a lot tougher to do than it used to.. 

I honestly don't know how you two manage it, to be fair... now personally I'm a bit of a loner, so obviously even the thought of having so many people (especially including toddlers!) in the house all the time makes me feel uneasy, but even someone who is a family person needs some alone-time and opportunity to relax and enjoy things on their own... Add work responsibilities to the equation, and it's no wonder you feel drained of energy most of the time. Definitely take a break as soon as you can. I reckon your children should all chip in and send you two on a well deserved proper vacation B|

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I reckon they should all chip in and go buy their own gaff.... B|

Well yeah that's the perfect solution; maybe you should give them some hints... :D 

• Haha 1

Another decent little copper cash in us boys had this week @SirBalon. We got aload of armoured cable, which the cable pullers let us have and it came up to a total of £1,200 between 5 of us. Not bad at all. It's free money really as we stripped it all while in working hours. Can't complain with that.

(I quoted you as I remember you telling me about your mate who does a bit of scrapping)

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 2

My 5 year wedding anniversary is today. Somewhat shocked we made it this far. xD

Regardless, I'll be out of town, and actually might catch Real Betis as they are playing in Chattanooga (the city where the wife and I are going to). 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

My 5 year wedding anniversary is today. Somewhat shocked we made it this far. xD

Regardless, I'll be out of town, and actually might catch Real Betis as they are playing in Chattanooga (the city where the wife and I are going to). 

Congratulations, you will only have 40 years to go to catch up on me and Liz, we will be celebrating 45 years come this December. :banana:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce81f7c7a6f666f73

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Congratulations, you will only have 40 years to go to catch up on me and Liz, we will be celebrating 45 years come this December. :banana:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce81f7c7a6f666f73

xD

Cheers mate! But remember, I'm American and we get married and divorced many, many times, so 5 years is like a European 25 xD

Between my parents, and my father-in-law, there have been 12 marriages :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'd genuinely rather take a punch in the nose than have a filling without an injection. Even with an injection it goes through me.

The only bit I hate about the injection is how numb your face feels after it for the rest of the day. End up dribbling like you've just had a stroke. 

19 minutes ago, Eco said:

Congratulations @Eco

• Thanks 1