talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Fourth Round Matches

football forum

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pathetic. Rodgers goes if we can afford to sack him. 

Well your tenth on net spend over the last 5 years and tenth in the league. You have overacheived. I would certainly give him more time. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well your tenth on net spend over the last 5 years and tenth in the league. You have overacheived. I would certainly give him more time. 

I’m not sure if that’s true. Sure spending plays a part in how a side does, but given the squad he’s inherited and the reasonable expectation Leicester have to be above 10th at this point in the season.

Remarkable result from Forest

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Having watched us for a while, and having afforded him time to change things or at least see a positive different, I'm failing to see how he stays. 

Might have overachieved and not everything is about net spend. We should be doing far better with the quality we have in the side. It's not all on Rodgers because some of our players lack some serious basic footballing skills and common sense, but when it does go wrong, we don't see much of a reaction too often. The defensive shambles have been like so for too long and he's failed to eradicate the mistakes. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Who have Forest got next, Everton or Huddersfield

Seeing Vardy out makes me wonder if Aubmeyang might have done a job for Leicester.

Huddersfield. 

And absolutely not. Not wasting money on that mercenary. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Waylander said:

It's just that I thought you needed someone to stretch their defence.

Need to sort our own defence out, let alone stretching other teams' defences xD

If we should have spent any money, it was in defence. Nothing wrong with our attacking play. 

I mean, if a podgy little fucker comes on like that, one of those players have to drop him. State of him, fat prick. 

Rodgers would be gone if this was a premier league game, but he’ll survive with it being the cup. 

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

Having watched us for a while, and having afforded him time to change things or at least see a positive different, I'm failing to see how he stays. 

Might have overachieved and not everything is about net spend. We should be doing far better with the quality we have in the side. It's not all on Rodgers because some of our players lack some serious basic footballing skills and common sense, but when it does go wrong, we don't see much of a reaction too often. The defensive shambles have been like so for too long and he's failed to eradicate the mistakes. 

You have a good squad no doubt. But how many of those players did Rodgers sign?  I seriously doubt you will get a better manager than him. Maybe at the end of the season the bourd need to have a talk and see if he wants to stay. But the top managers go top top clubs. Most coaches will have you about 7th to 10th I expect 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m not sure if that’s true. Sure spending plays a part in how a side does, but given the squad he’s inherited and the reasonable expectation Leicester have to be above 10th at this point in the season.

Remarkable result from Forest

I agree net spend isnt everything. But people quite often talk about money spent. I think Leicester are well run and so they should expect their manager to be able to get them higher than  10th but I think they will struggle to replace Rodgers. I would feel very confident that if he goes at the end of the season Leicester will he worse of in two years time 

38 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I agree net spend isnt everything. But people quite often talk about money spent. I think Leicester are well run and so they should expect their manager to be able to get them higher than  10th but I think they will struggle to replace Rodgers. I would feel very confident that if he goes at the end of the season Leicester will he worse of in two years time 

I’m not so sure he’s irreplaceable. I speak from experience when I say when things are good under Rodgers they look very good - but when things go south, it looks and feels awful.

This season I think there’s a lot of parallels with the end of his time with us. Chunks of the season looking like the wheels come off with brief moments where you think “okay maybe they can build some form and pull out of it” and then something miserable happens and it feels like you’re back at square one. And it’ll be off the back of a performance like that - where the players can’t be excused (because that side should be beating Forest, not getting thrashed).

And I think it’s a fairly attractive job. Good squad on paper, owners that show they’ll support a manager - in this league where there’s lots of cash going around. I think they’d have a few decent managers interested.

It can go 3 ways really: a new manager will do better, things largely stay the same, or they get worse. We won’t know til it happens - but I wouldn’t blame Leicester fans wanting him gone.

On the other hand, I do think he’s perhaps earned enough credit to be afforded a season where he falls short of expectation. So I can understand if people think he shouldn’t be sacked. But my experience with him as manager with us… I fully understand if any Leicester fan feels he can’t stop the rot.

He still should be afforded time to salvage the season imo. I’m not sure what sacking him now achieves unless they’ve got someone lined up.

There definitely feels like the magic of the cup has crept back this year.

Kidderminster yesterday so close to dumping West Ham, Plymouth taking Chelsea all the way and missing a penalty to take it to pens, Middlesbrough dumping Man Utd out, Forest absolutely smashing Leicester (great atmosphere by the way) and now Boreham Wood winning at Bournemouth.

Factor in great atmosphere's and full houses at Saints Coventry, Cambridge Luton etc and it really feels like the cup is making a comeback of some sorts.

Fuck me, even Everton won.

Great weekend of ties. Such a shame that all the 5th round ties now get shoved into the midweek slot reserved but there we go.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It seems like Rodgers has completely lost his way at Leicester. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not there come the start of next season.

Looks like it. After today, for the first time I'm Rodgers out. He seems to have lost the players. We are physically and mentally weak. 

Captained Tielemans, a player who isn't even sure he wants to be at the club. Dropped KDH who is a local lad and would have been up for this game, let alone being in decent form. 

Defence hasn't been sorted out - although I can give him a bit of leeway given the injuries. But even though, we still have players who should be playing better and I think some of their downfall is due to misdirection from Rodgers and his staff. They just have no clue at all. 

It really is a sad state we find ourselves in, despite this being potentially a really, really good era for the club - star players, new training ground, stadium expansion. 

I think there's a general malaise at the club, perhaps realising a new dawn is on the way (older players coming to the end of their careers, some players leaving anyway). Maybe generally it'll get worse before it gets better. 

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

All OK @Dan?

Absolute prick of a fan. Hope he gets a life ban. 

I've not kept a close eye on Leicester, but looking at the stats they're falling a bit like a stone - Rodgers might get until the end of the season but that's where the line ends for me. 

Everyone is wondering where Graham Potter's next club is going to be and I think he'd be brilliant at Leicester. Playing beautiful football, mixed in with the right players that Leicester seem to always get would be a wonderful marriage - not to mention if he can bring Lampety and Bissouma with him too. 

I watched the game today and it was abysmal to be honest - no fight, no hunger, no leadership. Just eleven players in the headlights.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I've not kept a close eye on Leicester, but looking at the stats they're falling a bit like a stone - Rodgers might get until the end of the season but that's where the line ends for me. 

Everyone is wondering where Graham Potter's next club is going to be and I think he'd be brilliant at Leicester. Playing beautiful football, mixed in with the right players that Leicester seem to always get would be a wonderful marriage - not to mention if he can bring Lampety and Bissouma with him too. 

I watched the game today and it was abysmal to be honest - no fight, no hunger, no leadership. Just eleven players in the headlights.

I don't know about Potter. When we were linked earlier in the season (and when Rodgers was linked with getting the sack again), he was in the midst of a run with Brighton where they didn't win in 9 or 10?

Ive watched some Brighton games and they don't inspire me that much. In fact it's been quite similar to how Rodgers games have gone - slow, patient, cautious football and occasionally entertaining in parts of the match. 

Lamptey would be great. Bissouma has that sexual assault charge hanging over him so I think most clubs will steer clear for now? 

Maybe it's a risk to take hiring someone like that. Or the other option is to probably go abroad and get someone experienced there, but someone who can bring back attacking and entertaining play, because we definitely have the players to do so. They seem to be a bit restricted or restrained under Rodgers right now - I get he wants to be defensively cautious and slower tempo because he doesn't want to concede, but the glaring problem we have is when we concede, our heads go and it turns into a shit show. There's only so many games you can go where you need to be scoring 2 or more just to stay in the game, let alone win, and that puts far too much pressure on those attacking players. 

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

The season that lurches from one abject humiliation to another. I cannot be bothered with this shit now. It's absolutely painful viewing.

Unforgivable.

I think we all fancied an upset, BBC wouldn't have picked it either if they didn't.

But for me it was the ease of all four goals. All easily avoidable and so soft. Defensively no one takes charge.

That's what would alarm me most because thats not an easy habit to turn around.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think we all fancied an upset, BBC wouldn't have picked it either if they didn't.

But for me it was the ease of all four goals. All easily avoidable and so soft. Defensively no one takes charge.

That's what would alarm me most because thats not an easy habit to turn around.

I think any Leicester fan who has watched us closely this season knows we have that rick in us. It's always been there under Rodgers, it's just getting more and more frequent.

In our last six games we have lost 4-1 at Forest, blown a 1-3 lead and gone out to the weakest Liverpool XI you could imagine, been 4-0 down at Man City within 20 minutes, and lost a game we were winning with 94:52 on the clock.

It's not a coincidence. This is the easiest Leicester side to score against I've seen since probably Paulo Sousa.

We're only going one way under Rodgers at this point. I just cannot take these humiliations any longer. You can forgive an off day, even a severe one, we've always had a shocker at Forest in us, Pearson got beat 5-1 there and the fans loved him.

But this is happening at an almost frightening rate now. I've hit the point where I think the wins we were fortunate to get earlier in the season (Wolves H, Norwich A, Brentford A, Liverpool H) are what's keeping us out of the relegation discussion. We are absolutely terrible. I've not seen a Leicester side underperforming this much possibly ever. This squad is so, so much better than this.

I'm done with him. Time to go.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived