talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 4-1 Man Utd - Sunday 6th March, 2021

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png       VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
06/11/2021 - Man Utd 0-2 Man City
07/03/2021 - Man City 0-2 Man Utd
06/01/2021 - Man Utd 0-2 Man City (EFL Cup)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Can't find the specific stat but the trend seems to be that United tend to do better at the Etihad, and City tend to do better at Old Trafford. 

Probably because both Mourinho and Ole had the right tactics for this kind of match. 

Being the away side, simply absorb pressure than hit on the counter. Issue now is that United's counter attacking players (Rashford, Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood) are all in a horrendous run of form. 

Many people want to credit Ruben Dias, Stones/Laporte, Cancelo and Walker as defenders, but when you get at them, they aren't really that great. Dias I am finding to be incredibly overhyped to the extent Pique was circa 2010-2015. Best form of defence is to keep the ball, which City are the best on the planet at.  I certainly rate our defence and Liverpool's higher than City's. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Probably because both Mourinho and Ole had the right tactics for this kind of match. 

Being the away side, simply absorb pressure than hit on the counter. Issue now is that United's counter attacking players (Rashford, Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood) are all in a horrendous run of form. 

Many people want to credit Ruben Dias, Stones/Laporte, Cancelo and Walker as defenders, but when you get at them, they aren't really that great. Dias I am finding to be incredibly overhyped to the extent Pique was circa 2010-2015. Best form of defence is to keep the ball, which City are the best on the planet at.  I certainly rate our defence and Liverpool's higher than City's. 

I think Dias is out now too.

Man Utd usually do well at the Etihad in recent times.

It's almost like their Cup Final these days now City have overtook them as the best club in the city, that's no wind up either.

Massive point to prove.

I think utd get something here. The pressure is on city, united have a good recent record here which will help them psychologically. 

Man city 1.2 man utd 

• Subscriber
On 05/03/2022 at 02:00, Lucas said:

Man Utd usually do well at the Etihad in recent times.

Those were the days when we had the likes of van Persie, Rooney, Berba, or van Nistlerooy popping them in and the likes of Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Schmeichel stopping them going in at the other end...sigh :x

26 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Those were the days when we had the likes of van Persie, Rooney, Berba, or van Nistlerooy popping them in and the likes of Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Schmeichel stopping them going in at the other end...sigh :x

Don’t think any of them played in the last 7 games mate 🤣

• Subscriber
On 05/03/2022 at 02:00, Lucas said:

It's almost like their Cup Final these days now City have overtook them as the best club in the city, that's no wind up either.

Give me a United v Liverpool game anyday than City, I will wait for the day Pep leaves and see how they cope then. 

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Give me a United v Liverpool game anyday than City, I will wait for the day Pep leaves and see how they cope then. 

Well united are not a Manchester club so makes sense, Liverpool is our biggest game too 👍   ..you mean like Mancini & Pellegrini? ..yep, we wont win anything without Pep :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

It was Mancini that got you lot going then got sacked, Pellegtini followed in his footsteps and then he got sacked. :P

Pellegrini was always a fill in for Pep, if you remember on the other forum i said when we signed Pellegrini what year and transfer window Pep will arrive at City, he knew he was only a stand in for 2 years

Ronaldo's sister attacks Ragnick in a tweet saying her brother isn't injured and has been dropped.

Football is a mess, family members tweeting, players bullying clubs into mega contracts.

Honestly United are a mess.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Ronaldo's sister attacks Ragnick in a tweet saying her brother isn't injured and has been dropped.

Football is a mess, family members tweeting, players bullying clubs into mega contracts.

Honestly United are a mess.

I guess they had some kind of argument ..Dias is out for us

Archived