The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-0 Man Utd - Tuesday 19th April, 2022

football forums

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nothing to fight for? Not pride? Not your supporters?

I don't know why he's come out with this statement. Yes, it's obvious that United players don't really feel they have a reason on the pitch right now. But he's serious that he's telling everyone United players with no trophy on the line still can't motivate themselves to fight for their own personal pride or for their fans against their biggest, or one of their biggest, rivals... I think that's all the more reason for United fans to hate their current squad.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. I think it's hilarious. But I'd be frustrated as fuck if Liverpool played like they don't give a fuck and the players came out and said "well we're not fighting for anything so we don't care." Strikes me as tone deaf tbh. How can the fans be asked to spend their hard earned money to support players that don't give a shit?

If you're shit and you can't help it, that's one thing - but at least put in the fucking effort.

It's a good thing Ten Hag's already bald, otherwise I'd say he'd probably be tearing his fucking hair out next season trying to deal with this pack of absolute losers. Also thank God it'll probably be impossible for United to clear out the toxic loser mentality in just one transfer window and the stink that's currently in their dressing room will probably follow them around for at least 1 or 2 more seasons.

Embarrassing quote and the fact it comes from one of the players you'd probably choose if you were told "keep five, scrap the rest and build from there" is painful reading.

I would despise the cunts if I was a Man Utd fan. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Embarrassing quote and the fact it comes from one of the players you'd probably choose if you were told "keep five, scrap the rest and build from there" is painful reading.

Yeah I think I'd cross him off that list if I had a list like that

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Go on then, who are your five? Good luck. :ph34r:xD

1. De Gea

2. Sancho

3. Ronaldo

4. hmmmmmmmm... Elanga?

5. that Sideshow Bob looking cunt? Maybe Shaw?

But I actually want United to be shit so let's go with giving these players massive contract extensions please:

1. Pogba

2. Maguire

3. Jones

4. Lingard

5. Martial

It’s a weird one, but I think I’ve gone past caring. This club simply gives me ZERO enjoyment.  They employ mercenaries that simply do not care about anything other than their pay check. The owners couldn’t care less, as long as the sponsorship money is still there and they can claim their dividends every year. There is no structure. The stadium is crumbling. The football is dour, turgid and has absolute no direction whatsoever. There’s no joy. No entertainment. Just the same awful feeling every single time I watch them play. Even when they win, it’s simply awful viewing.

Its not a team, it’s 11 individuals. 
It’s not a club, it’s a business.

RIP Manchester United.

• Subscriber

I put 4-0. The gulf is scary - I actually think it's the greatest it's been since I've followed football, and the gulf was very heavy the other way in my memory.

Liverpool obviously a class above. Man Utd. Good grief. Every time I watch them I'm genuinely baffled how they're in the top half.

43 minutes ago, Dan said:

I put 4-0. The gulf is scary - I actually think it's the greatest it's been since I've followed football, and the gulf was very heavy the other way in my memory.

Liverpool obviously a class above. Man Utd. Good grief. Every time I watch them I'm genuinely baffled how they're in the top half.

No matter how shite we are. For some odd reason we're always close to 4th 🤣

• Subscriber

It's the apathy I can't believe. Could you imagine the reaction at Real Madrid if Barcelona and Atletico Madrid had become the best two sides in the world while they're in this sort of state? There wouldn't be a single player with an un-torched car.

Genuinely unbelievable levels of apathy. I'd far sooner be West Ham and their pitch invasions v Burnley than just blindly allowing this. The only thing worse than failing is being apathetic towards it.

What I genuinely don’t understand is that Liverpool at their worst and United at their best did not seem like as big a gap as this does. 

When Liverpool were basically a mid-table side and United were winning league after league, it still felt competitive when they played. Now Liverpool are challenging for the league and United in the Europa spots, and it genuinely doesn’t feel like two sides from the same division playing each other.

Best season in recent years still remains under Mourinho, a season in which he insisted the club needed to sign a 'World Class' centre back, didn't rate Rashford as a '9', questioned Martial's commitment, went head to head with Pogba etc.

You'd have to say despite the football being terrible under him, to get an 81pt season out of what he had then, a squad on paper much inferior, actually puts in perspective it wasn't such a horrendous job he did.

The club have wasted a good 3/4 years since his departure and are facing the same issues he highlighted then now, so what chance do you have of progression if the heirachy don't address these issues and hide under a rock.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

It's the apathy I can't believe. Could you imagine the reaction at Real Madrid if Barcelona and Atletico Madrid had become the best two sides in the world while they're in this sort of state? There wouldn't be a single player with an un-torched car.

Genuinely unbelievable levels of apathy. I'd far sooner be West Ham and their pitch invasions v Burnley than just blindly allowing this. The only thing worse than failing is being apathetic towards it.

Real is a terrible comparison tbf. They’re fans are massively over entitled cunts that want managers sacked if they’re not winning a treble every year. Also, I don’t remember the last time fans of any major club broke into their own clubs stadium en masse to protest? The security at Old Trafford and Carrington  is ridiculous now.

Should a fanbase be judged by how far their vandals and knackers are willing to go? Is that the marker of caring.

Here's a club that will get a new manager and probably £250m to spend in the summer, why wont you all set each other alight?:ph34r:

Where's the leadership again in the United side. Where's the closing down down of the ball and making every single pass Liverpool make an hard one. It wasn't there at all from start to finish. Take nothing away from Liverpool they are a top top side but the lack of effort in that united team is a disgrace. I'm seeing people blame the manager and hardly say a peep about the players. Yep ralf looks clueless 

Ole, Jose, lvg before them though was they all to blame.. The fans at united deserve far more than what these pricks are showing. 

They should be embarrassed to pick up their wages.. 

Fans to a certain extent at any club can take defeat at times if they see players putting a shift in for the full game and at least trying to compete. 

Liverpool have probably had tougher training sessions than the 2 games against united 

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s a weird one, but I think I’ve gone past caring. This club simply gives me ZERO enjoyment.  They employ mercenaries that simply do not care about anything other than their pay check. The owners couldn’t care less, as long as the sponsorship money is still there and they can claim their dividends every year. There is no structure. The stadium is crumbling. The football is dour, turgid and has absolute no direction whatsoever. There’s no joy. No entertainment. Just the same awful feeling every single time I watch them play. Even when they win, it’s simply awful viewing.

Its not a team, it’s 11 individuals. 
It’s not a club, it’s a business.

RIP Manchester United.

Feel sorry for you mate... This is a shadow of the great United sides I used to watch and to think this was supposed to be the season of hope where you were supposed to be taking steps forward and unless we get the right backers come through this rather lengthy purchase of the club this could be us in a couple of years time... 

38 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Where's the leadership again in the United side. Where's the closing down down of the ball and making every single pass Liverpool make an hard one. It wasn't there at all from start to finish. Take nothing away from Liverpool they are a top top side but the lack of effort in that united team is a disgrace. I'm seeing people blame the manager and hardly say a peep about the players. Yep ralf looks clueless 

Ole, Jose, lvg before them though was they all to blame.. The fans at united deserve far more than what these pricks are showing. 

They should be embarrassed to pick up their wages.. 

Fans to a certain extent at any club can take defeat at times if they see players putting a shift in for the full game and at least trying to compete. 

Liverpool have probably had tougher training sessions than the 2 games against united 

Just noticed, United have conceded more goals this season, than Burnley.

Just now, NittyNora said:

Just noticed, United have conceded more goals this season, than Burnley.

Yep 48 

To our 45. 

I'll tell you another thing too that's embarrassing. We've competed better against Liverpool in both our games than United have 

2~0 away 

1~0 at home 

Nailed it 👆 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

De Gea, the Man United tea lady and maybe 2 corner flags. :coffee:

• Administrator

Quite surprised by those Fernandes comments. There's always something to play for. It's quite ignorant towards any fan that pays hard-earned money - especially in the current climate - to go watch their team whether in good or bad form. 

I find it quite disingenuous and rude, really. Just shows how much of their own little bubble they're in, and how out of touch they appear to be with the fans. 

Nothing to play for? There's everything to play for! Even if trophies aren't at stake, what about the pride, dignity, self-performance, your team mates?! 

It probably just typifies how low the club is at the moment really. 

Archived