talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 30th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really really poor going forward. Bad touch, bad passing, constantly offside. Saint-Maximin is well out of form at the minute. This game emphasised what we already know about what we need. Striker, winger, Shelvey upgrade.

Man City away next. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's notba fluke though that we play teams offside on a regular basis  it's actually very good defending and something that we have worked on ever since VAR was introduced. 

Isn't the stat that we've caught sides offside twice more than any one else or something?

Anyway, will take that. As 1-0s go that was pretty comfortable. It didn't feel it but can't remember any major chances for them

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Anyway, will take that. As 1-0s go that was pretty comfortable. It didn't feel it but can't remember any major chances for them

As MadLad said we got to rest players and we managed to grind a result out even if the finishing could have been better and led to a more comfortable win. At this point its just putting games away more than doing the spectacular. Any chances Newcastle had were in the first half really but I can't remember them causing too many problems in the second.

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Very good result, especially having give some lads a rest. Can’t complain at all. 

On to Leeds to hopefully make City at least work hard for a result. 

Hardest game we have left for me, Liverpool look like they are grinding to a stop

• Subscriber

Oh lol. Hope Jota doesn't ruin his career because he tried to win a penalty by diving once. Someone should probably have a word in his ear, it would be SUCH a shame to see a player with so much quality get a reputation that became detrimental to his team. Etc. Etc.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not a fluke though that we play teams offside on a regular basis  it's actually very good defending and something that we have worked on ever since VAR was introduced. 

Yeah that’s like very clearly a part of how Klopp has us defend - and it’s really effective

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 30th April, 2022
55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh lol. Hope Jota doesn't ruin his career because he tried to win a penalty by diving once. Someone should probably have a word in his ear, it would be SUCH a shame to see a player with so much quality get a reputation that became detrimental to his team. Etc. Etc.

Hi didn't try to win a penalty :ph34r:

It wasn't a fantastic performance but we did enough to take it. We were hardly stretched at any point. I would have liked another goal to add to the tally but the passing was just off today.

My money is on the treble. I can't see us nicking the pl title right now. It going to take a blazing performance form an opponent to stop Citeh taking all the points left in their matches.

We've done Chelsea once before in a final and I think we can take Citeh in the Championship..

The latter is all the better as Pep hasn't pulled that one off yet.

@patoriku66 "Passing was off"? Passing into the net was off maybe, but your passing game was fine, but you couldn't finish your fucking morning wank yesterday, much less a goal. Any other team and it might have cost you, but newcastle offered less than an ugly trophy wife with a mental handicap. 

I was negative because for fucking once in my life I needed a liverpool easy win, and Newcastle offered it to you on a platter, but because you didn't score in the second half, I lost my multi. Useless cunts. 

• The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@Honey Honey I'd assume most of the fans are happy with where you'll are considering what could have been at the start of the season? 

Everyone's been on cloud 9 for about two months. Next season will be different when there is expectation. 

A fair few of our players are here not because they lack ability but but because they lack consistency. So I'd expect at some point to see some of them fall out of form. It is happening already with Saint Maximin. Hopefully that means he'll be back in form at the start of the new season.

Archived