• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 4 Matches - 27-28th August, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 27th August, 2022
1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png Brentford vs Everton everton.PNG

1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p Brighton vs Leeds 1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png Chelsea vs Leicester image.png

155.pngLiverpool vs Bournemouth afc_bournemouth_-2013.png

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png Man City vs Crystal Palace 1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg

Sunday 28th August, 2022
1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p Aston Villa vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton are our bogey team.

No win against them in the four games we've played since we returned to the top flight, and only two wins in the last 14 against them in the Football League.

They are in good form too. I think I'd happily take a point there and move on to Everton home next Tuesday.

It's almost a certainty it will be the same team as Chelsea although Sinisterra has done himself no harm of an appearance withhis performance v Barnsley last night.

Going to stick my neck out and say 1-1. Welbeck for them, Rodrigo for us.

Chelsea vs Leicester looks like it should be a TV match.

If Villa beat West Ham, and that is certainly a sizeable if given the recent history of head to heads.. does Moyes start nearing the top of the sack race..?

On the other hand, a repeat of the last West Ham visit to Villa Park moves the Hammers above Villa.. and would likely put some rather hot plates under Gerrard's feet..

Villa's next matches:

West Ham (h)

Arsenal (a)

Man City (h)

Leicester (a)

I remember the days there'd be 3 nailed on Villa wins & a quite optimistic trip to North London.. these days? It's more brown trousers time..

• Administrator

Maddison has a 'twinge' picked up in training apparently :( 

Fuck knows how we'll get any kind of goal(s) if he's missing. 

Expect a comfortable Chelsea win. Sterling to get his first goal for the club. Maybe even Cucurella because we're that generous. 

Ward

Castagne - Soyuncu - Evans - Justin

Ndidi - Tielemans

Praet - KDH - Barnes

Vardy

Is probably what it should be.

No doubt it'll be more like a 3-5-2 which is not successful, doesn't get the best out of our players and is totally and utterly pointless.

Rodgers usually likes to match up to the opposition so this falls into his hands. I just cannot envisage any kind of success here. 

• Subscriber

Maddison is the only player really of late saving us from total hopelessness. I get Chelsea have their problems but we're in that kind of state where I don't think we'd beat anybody in the league so I'm expecting a comfortable home win. Similar game to the one in May but you actually make it count. 2-0 to Chelsea.

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Cicero Tuchel to serve a touchline-ban for tomorrow's game.

Is that actually like to affect you, negatively? Or is it a bonus?

I'd say it would affect us given Tuchel gives on the pitch instructions all the time. Without his presence I can imagine another lackluster performance as it really is an incredibly task apparently to get this lot motivated from the get go. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I wonder if Maddison's injury has got anything to do with a *cough* prospective transfer *cough*.    Martin Debravka was miraculously sick against tranmere following man united links. 

You're not getting him this window.

• Administrator

I think Rodgers has actually lost it. 

Amartey still gets persisted with. Praet RW. Soumare in for Ndidi. 

Vardy is going to get no service at all xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived