talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 4 Matches - 27-28th August, 2022

football forum

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Otherwise you’d have players explicitly trying to foul the goalie for a shot

It’s 6 of 1 for me. Keepers are literally allowed to push and jump all over opposition players, yet you can’t touch them. It’s a bizarre non rule which has crept in over the past 20 years.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched 2 goals and a bad miss from Salah in MOTD highlights so far and you can already tell why Bournemouth are so bad. There is no defensive urgency to maintain shape, gaps everywhere and as they start to regain shape the ball is being moved elsewhere and breaking their defence up again. The Salah miss they only had 7 outfield players in the box, all jogging too, they should at least 9 sprinting back to maintain shape.

I genuinely thought they'd do alright this season, thought the youthfulness of their squad would allow them to collectively step up a level rather than push maxed out players for more, but their organisation is dire and their attempts to win the ball back are so lacklustre.

Everton will not get a bigger point than that all season, we very easily could have scored 5 or 6 in that match. Disappointing to get a draw only but the chances we're creating, the goals will come. Laughable to suggest we wouldn't create without Eriksen.

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Shame about Gallagher as he really started well, however both yellows were spot on no discussion there he just wanted it too much.

No composure in his game and neither the discipline. Yet Tuchel is asking him to play in arguably the most disciplined position in our system, to which Gallagher has no real qualities that makes him an adequate press resistant midfielder. Baffling. Tuchel clearly trying to change his game. 

Why the hell is Gilmour not playing? He’s actually tailored for this role. 

I know it's early, it's only 1-nil & it is West Ham. But the sad truth is Villa are totally reliant on 3 teams somehow being worse than them.

And Gerrard's path to being Liverpool boss will have to be a case of they'll take him any way, or as an assistant at first, before he gets an interim chance.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Everton back in the bottom three what a nasty reminder of last season's troubles.

Also seen Demarai Gray start to look lively for the Toffees too. 

It doesn't, and won't, last. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

No composure in his game and neither the discipline. Yet Tuchel is asking him to play in arguably the most disciplined position in our system, to which Gallagher has no real qualities that makes him an adequate press resistant midfielder. Baffling. Tuchel clearly trying to change his game. 

Why the hell is Gilmour not playing? He’s actually tailored for this role. 

I don't think he got a squad number at all?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Why so bitter? He did well last season too.

Bitter? How is that bitter?

I had 2-3 seasons of watching him have a good spell of about 2 games and then very average/mediocre performances for about 4 or 5. 

It's not bitter, it's just my thinking that it won't last based on what I saw when he was with us :what:

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Gray hasn't changed much from his Leicester days. Capable of being a threat but streaky. He had a chance to make it 2-0 and put the game beyond Brentford yesterday and his equaliser against Forest last weekend was his first goal in about 8 months.

We'd be worse off without him such is the decline in the quality of our squad in recent years but he's not up to scratch with similar players we had when we were an easy top half side.

The best we'll get out of him is a couple of runs of 5-6 games a season where he contributes a goal or assist roughly every 90 minutes.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Gray hasn't changed much from his Leicester days. Capable of being a threat but streaky. He had a chance to make it 2-0 and put the game beyond Brentford yesterday

Let’s not talk about ifs and buts as the game could well have ended 6-2 to us xD

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Let’s not talk about ifs and buts as the game could well have ended 6-2 to us xD

The post was about Demarai Gray and his output, including an example of a chance he missed in a recent game. The fact that Brentford missed a bunch of chances at the other end has literally nothing to do with Demarai Gray's performances so I don't know why you expect me to mention them?

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The post was about Demarai Gray and his output, including an example of a chance he missed in a recent game. The fact that Brentford missed a bunch of chances at the other end has literally nothing to do with Demarai Gray's performances so I don't know why you expect me to mention them?

Just thought the comment about putting the game to rest was a bit cheeky. Also was feeling a bit provocative for an argument xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just thought the comment about putting the game to rest was a bit cheeky. Also was feeling a bit provocative for an argument xD

Haha fair enough. All I'm saying was putting us 2-0 up in the 70th minute would probably have us on two more points than we have and a more clinical attacker than Gray would have been more likely to convert. I'm under no illusions over what a smash and grab any win would have been for us!

• Subscriber

Missed our game as I was travelling all weekend but nice to see they got a swift kick up their collective backsides and put a performance on at home. I just hope the momentum stays and we give Newcastle a good game this week. 

Archived