• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2023 at 17:36, Stan said:

More proof that this government just doesn't, and never has, care about the people it governs over... 

Neither government does. The schools need repair. Neither party is fronting up the bill to repair ALL the schools (not even close). So both parties seem to agree that some schools need to collapse it seems.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Neither government does. The schools need repair. Neither party is fronting up the bill to repair ALL the schools (not even close). So both parties seem to agree that some schools need to collapse it seems.

What do you mean 'neither' government or party? There's only one in charge? 

• Subscriber

As someone who works in the industry I can assure you that education in the UK is on for total collapse. We are right on the brink now with the number of employed teachers struggling to cover the bare minimum of what's needed to keep schools open.

The state of school buildings is yet another symptom of an under-funded education sector. Unless there's major change soon we'll get to the point where kids across the country can't access a state school because there aren't enough adults employed to safely supervise them. I don't know if that'll be in 2, 5, 10 years but that's the trajectory we're on. At that point the government of the day will have their hand forced and it's depressing that things would have to get that bad to give either major party the political capital needed to popularise a greater investment in education. You can rinse and repeat this argument for health/hospitals, the emergency services, and public services in general.

Starmer is obviously preferable to the Tories but I've seen nothing from him to suggest he'll do anything about this particular issue anytime soon if he gets elected.

11 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie A lot of labour supporters aren't to keen on starmer because he is to conservative. I'm not to keen on him myself personally. Originally when I read about his policies I thought he was OK but he has gradually got more conservative. 

You had your messiah in JC. Enough mud was slung that he didn't get there, and the kneejerk response from the party was the safest shittest candidate possible. Small target campaign. 

On 30/09/2023 at 20:18, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You had your messiah in JC. Enough mud was slung that he didn't get there, and the kneejerk response from the party was the safest shittest candidate possible. Small target campaign. 

He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Great to see Mid-Beds (and Tamworth) overturn a Tory stronghold into Labour gains. 

Couldn't be a stronger message to the Tories that the public are sick of them with results like that.

Been about 4 or 5 by-elections in the space of a few months. They used to be so rare. Also speaks volumes, that.

• 2 weeks later...

In one day Braverman has started a war on homeless people and created lies that the Palestine protests are going to be violent, unpatriotic and a danger to remembrance day. That is an impressive level of cuntery.

Hopefully the police don’t stop lawful protests as they did during the coronation and that the protesters arent set on by the far right who are also gearing up for some classic racism.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

In one day Braverman has started a war on homeless people and created lies that the Palestine protests are going to be violent, unpatriotic and a danger to remembrance day. That is an impressive level of cuntery.

Hopefully the police don’t stop lawful protests as they did during the coronation and that the protesters arent set on by the far right who are also gearing up for some classic racism.

Nicknamed Cruella for a reason.

What a vile bitch she is. 

Thankfully it seems more and more people are turning to see just how vile and tapped in the head she is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I went to pay my respects at the Cenotaph yesterday and the TFLA were unfortunately out in numbers. Many of them were being lairy, loud and obnoxious to any passer by they didn't deem as being English. I have to completely agree that Suella's words encouraged their behaviour. They felt emboldened when confronting the police and complained of double standards in how the police treat them compared to people at the pro-Palestine march. That woman really needs to use her brain before she opens her mouth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 29/07/2023 at 13:19, Bluewolf said:

They really do take the fucking piss with everything they do... 

Boozy MPs and their staff downed almost £500k worth of subsidised alcohol in a year including 46,500 pints (msn.com)

6.4 Million was spent in total subsidising our Government in meals and booze alone last year... They all need a good kicking.. 

I wonder how much they spent on Cocaine to compliment that alcohol? 

• Upvote 1

On 04/11/2023 at 19:36, Stan said:

Nicknamed Cruella for a reason.

What a vile bitch she is. 

Thankfully it seems more and more people are turning to see just how vile and tapped in the head she is. 

Cruella Braverman (quite like that nickname) has been sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-67370421

• Upvote 1