talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joao Felix - Chelsea Loan Deal Agreed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diego Simeone is one of the biggest names out there, a good footballer and a good coach with a focus on the team over individuals.   if simeone can't get on with Felix it us probably red flag.  

I don't want a prima Donna who Atletico probably paid 3x to much for that thinks he is too good to not do something.  

this guy gives off some bad vibes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2022 at 05:09, OrangeKhrush said:

Diego Simeone is one of the biggest names out there, a good footballer and a good coach with a focus on the team over individuals.   if simeone can't get on with Felix it us probably red flag.  

I don't want a prima Donna who Atletico probably paid 3x to much for that thinks he is too good to not do something.  

this guy gives off some bad vibes.

Not sure if the problem between Simeone and Felix is personal or a matter of attitude on Felix's part.  Seems more about contrasting styles of football.  Felix doesn't suit Simeone's way of playing.  Not saying Simeone is wrong, he's been successful with his style of playing, but Felix isn't a good fit.   I would think Felix would perform better under a manager who's more concerned with what Felix does with the ball rather than what he does off the ball.  The problem is that I don't think United or Arsenal have that type of manager.

It feels here that Felix is one of those that places great value on playing Champions League football. To the extent I rather suspect the big noise over a few days back in December, around Villa being interested, was possibly a leak from his team. Hoping it would get some solid interest from a Big 6 type side. Despite Villa having 1 more winners star than Atletico..

But, I'm not sure I can see him adding a huge amount to any Big 6 side from what I've seen. 

• The title was changed to Joao Felix - Chelsea Loan Deal Agreed
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

You can't say Boehly is hesitant when it comes to spending money. Think they wanted around an €8m loan fee for 6 months. Not sure he's what they need though.

He might be spending money but what's the plan??? 

We are in terrible shape at the moment and while Liverpool were in a slump they have at least turned that around while we have gone in the opposite direction.. On current levels of performance we are not even going to qualify for any European competitions come the end of the season and although I knew we would be off the pace this is worse than I could have imagined. I would also like to know who is making these decisions to bring these players in?? Is Potter involved at all or is he being told who is coming in and then he will have to try and make that work?? 

Are we looking to rectify our problems now or are we going for a more long term build?? How much patience will they have with Potter while this transformation takes place?? 

Answers on a postcard please... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

We are in terrible shape at the moment and while Liverpool were in a slump they have at least turned that around while we have gone in the opposite direction.

Not really mate xD, we still look pretty fucking bad.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not really mate xD, we still look pretty fucking bad.

By last seasons standards I wouldn't disagree but at least you being pretty fucking bad at the right end of the table... xD you had 4 wins from your last 5 games, we had 1. I didn't expect us to be any better than last season but didn't expect us to be this much worse.. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

By last seasons standards I wouldn't disagree but at least you being pretty fucking bad at the right end of the table... xD you had 4 wins from your last 5 games, we had 1. I didn't expect us to be any better than last season but didn't expect us to be this much worse.. 

Yeah but some of those sides we beat in our more recent fixtures... Villa & Leicester... I don't think they're very good tbh. Against Villa we looked decent... but I think that just means Villa are pretty poor. Leicester gave us a really rough time in the first half of our match against us, but completely collapsed... and also helped us out significantly by scoring both of our goals for us. Southampton have looked out of sorts since the season started tbh.

But holy shit I don't think I realised how much Chelsea have let standards slip from last season until looking at the league table just now. That decision to sack Tuchel I thought was pretty weird when it happened, but it looks absurd now.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But holy shit I don't think I realised how much Chelsea have let standards slip from last season until looking at the league table just now. That decision to sack Tuchel I thought was pretty weird when it happened, but it looks absurd now.

Seems that way but something significant must have happened behind the scenes for that to have taken place.. I just can't work out if Boehly is a master strategist planning well ahead or just a dice roller?? I mean he sacked Tuchel for whatever reasons then brings in Potter which is almost akin to when they got Lampard in in terms of experience with a bigger club and we are currently getting the same results give or take.. 

He is throwing money at it but seems like he is the type to get all the pieces of the puzzle on the table in one go rather than doing the outside edges first and working your way in and by that I mean I don't see any of the pieces he is using fitting anywhere right now so it seems all a bit of a mess.. We don't seem to be making any progress.

If the players we were bringing in strengthened us in areas we are underperforming then great, slowly, slowly and all that but just don't see it as things stand.. 

Archived