• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 18 Fixtures - 30th Dec - 1st Jan, 2023

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If we draw and you win it's yours to lose, winning the title 3 years running was always a big ask

Let's see after January. And even after that we have to face Man City twice. Need to beat Brighton today as well which won't be easy. It starts being ours to lose if we're 10 points clear. Not comfortable until then.

40 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Let's see after January. And even after that we have to face Man City twice. Need to beat Brighton today as well which won't be easy. It starts being ours to lose if we're 10 points clear. Not comfortable until then.

See how you cope with the pressure

• Subscriber

Get in there. A point is only a point, more important we do something positive that we can build on, which we've done there (for once). Means nothing if you don't go on now and get 4+ points from Brighton and Southampton at home.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Spot on. He’s McTominay with a run of games and ‘cult’ status at a relatively small club.

You’re probably taking the piss a bit but I think he’s better than McTominay. I do ultimately think that he needs to learn how to dictate play if he wants to play consistently for a big club, otherwise I think he gets signed as a brusier to help provide defensive and athletic support, but hes not a #6 either.

I'm happy with the point. I think we deserved it, especially given we had 48 hours less as well. That game was really attritional at times with the conditions so we did well to hang in there. Don't get me wrong, if any team was going to win it, it would have been Newcastle but they were missing the quality in their play today.

First half was an even game. Even possession, territory. We looked a threat on the counter and Newcastle looked dangerous at set pieces.

Second half was mainly Newcastle huffing and puffing with us camped in our half but their final ball/finish was awful. Lost track of how many times they ballooned the ball over or wide from a promising position. Meslier didn't have loads to really do.

Last 10 minutes of the game Newcastle looked a bit desperate like they ran out of ideas, and that's where everyone starts falling down trying to win a penalty, but thankfully the referee held firm despite pressure from the crowd.

The only thing that annoys me is I just can't get on board with Marsch and his tactics. I think it's more luck than judgement we got the point today and I can't say I'm happy with what I've seen but we'll take it and move on to a massive home game v West Ham Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I'm happy with the point. I think we deserved it, especially given we had 48 hours less as well. That game was really attritional at times with the conditions so we did well to hang in there. Don't get me wrong, if any team was going to win it, it would have been Newcastle but they were missing the quality in their play today.

First half was an even game. Even possession, territory. We looked a threat on the counter and Newcastle looked dangerous at set pieces.

Second half was mainly Newcastle huffing and puffing with us camped in our half but their final ball/finish was awful. Lost track of how many times they ballooned the ball over or wide from a promising position. Meslier didn't have loads to really do.

Last 10 minutes of the game Newcastle looked a bit desperate like they ran out of ideas, and that's where everyone starts falling down trying to win a penalty, but thankfully the referee held firm despite pressure from the crowd.

The only thing that annoys me is I just can't get on board with Marsch and his tactics. I think it's more luck than judgement we got the point today and I can't say I'm happy with what I've seen but we'll take it and move on to a massive home game v West Ham Wednesday.

Miesler had to make a great stop for the Wood chance and he saved what would have been a goal from Schar off a corner,  it was a foot save as he was off balance but he needed to stop it.   Longstaff should have buried his chance every day to sunday,  his second chance was much harder,  but should have done better.   Joelinton's one was under more pressure but should keep them down. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived