talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Bayern are such jokers. Best striker in the world and they're lowballing Spurs again. Never going to get this deal done.

On the other hand Spurs are going to keep him for one season and lose him for absolutely nothing to Bayern or whoever next summer.

So who would be the jokers then?

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

On the other hand Spurs are going to keep him for one season and lose him for absolutely nothing to Bayern or whoever next summer.

So who would be the jokers then?

Don’t care. No reason for us to sell for this price. Rather have him for another year and try to convince him to sign a new deal. He means a lot more to this team and club than £70 million 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Bayern are such jokers. Best striker in the world and they're lowballing Spurs again. Never going to get this deal done.

He's 29 with only one year left on his contract. And he wants to leave. Has done for a while and tried to force a move away in the past. From Bayern's perspective, it'd be irresponsible for them to go all out to get him this summer. They're not a Premier League club.

I agree that nothing will get done in the summer. Will move on a free next season and I reckon he'll end up at Man Utd.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He's 29 with only one year left on his contract. And he wants to leave. Has done for a while and tried to force a move away in the past. From Bayern's perspective, it'd be irresponsible for them to go all out to get him this summer. They're not a Premier League club.

I agree that nothing will get done in the summer. Will move on a free next season and I reckon he'll end up at Man Utd.

Be mental to get him for nothing even at 30 years of age.

• Subscriber

I think we did our due diligence and yeah I think it would still be worth it if a deal could be done at €100m. Levy isnt reasonable though and theres no world in which we should go anywhere near his rumoured ask of £120m. Try and get him on the free but I have the feeling he wont move abroad at that point.Time to move on realistically. 

12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I think we did our due diligence and yeah I think it would still be worth it if a deal could be done at €100m. Levy isnt reasonable though and theres no world in which we should go anywhere near his rumoured ask of £120m. Try and get him on the free but I have the feeling he wont move abroad at that point.Time to move on realistically. 

Why isn’t he reasonable? Why should we sell the player below our value for him? Look at the price that players go for these days. He’s easily worth more than £100 million, even with one year left on his deal. And we don’t want to sell, which is the main thing. 

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

If you’re bayern i think you have to go all out for him this summer. Highly doubt he ends up there when on a free. I’d be surprised by United too. They are not close to challenging for the big titles either, would seem foolish to me. It’s city or madrid.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why isn’t he reasonable? Why should we sell the player below our value for him? Look at the price that players go for these days. He’s easily worth more than £100 million, even with one year left on his deal. And we don’t want to sell, which is the main thing. 

Yeah the main thing is you dont want to sell. Theres no world where paying £100m + for him with 1 year left on his deal turning 30 is worth it which is why Levy is asking for that, I get it.

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah the main thing is you dont want to sell. Theres no world where paying £100m + for him with 1 year left on his deal turning 30 is worth it which is why Levy is asking for that, I get it.

Yeah I think that’s fair enough from all sides. You had to try and test the waters, but with the club adamant they don’t want to sell unless they receive a silly amount, and even then I’m not convinced Levy would do it, I can see why you’d not pursue beyond what you’re currently offering. For what it’s worth while I don’t want to lose him, I’d be happy for him to go to Bayern over pretty much any other club other than Madrid. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah I think that’s fair enough from all sides. You had to try and test the waters, but with the club adamant they don’t want to sell unless they receive a silly amount, and even then I’m not convinced Levy would do it, I can see why you’d not pursue beyond what you’re currently offering. For what it’s worth while I don’t want to lose him, I’d be happy for him to go to Bayern over pretty much any other club other than Madrid. 

The talk im seeing now with that price tag being slapped on is moving to try and get him in January... seems even less likely imo. Or keep pushing with Kane's side of things for a free transfer.. I still dont see likely. As a sidebar, obviously Id love to get Kane to Bayern but at the same time I kind of hope he stays and plays out his career with you guys. The days are seemingly done of a one club star player home grown etc etc but it would be kinda cool to see still. Its how Ive always felt about Müller even as he winds his career down. 

It just beg's the question with our squad planning again though. We need a striker, full stop. Kane in a year from now doesnt solve our immediate issue even if that where a slam dunk, which it isnt. What are we doing? writing off another season essentially? 

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is £70m worth Spurs not using Kane this season to get them back into the Champions League? Not really.

I think Levy's weighing Spurs fans emotions against what seems to be the right financial move. Spurs haven't been performing well since they made the CL final. They just had their ticket prices spike up pretty significantly. Would selling Kane for under £100m be a bridge too far for Spurs fans? Kane's their best hope at qualifying for the CL or winning anything in the next season probably.

I think on paper the decision to make would be sell Kane for as much as they can get for him this summer and rather than try to replace him try to bring in 2-3 high quality players that overall improve Spurs despite losing one of the best attackers in Europe. Because they're just not going to be able to sign a like for like replacement - good strikers are always in high demand and getting a player to replace Kane's output is going to be basically impossible if you're just looking at players around Europe and expecting them to slot right in.

But I think given the pressure Levy's been under, I don't think they can just cut their talisman loose for under £100m without being under more pressure and risking a pretty toxic home atmosphere as Spurs try to rebuild under a new manager facing the biggest test of his short career. Promising one more year of Kane shows a semblance of ambition for a side that have seen their side look like they're ready to compete for top honours with attractive football to looking mediocre under negative football. It probably gets more fans willing to keep turning up despite the 20% increase, they've got a manager known for playing entertaining football and still have their star man for one more year.

Perhaps more important than the financial side of the Kane decision is giving the new manager a more smooth transition to a Spurs in need of a serious rebuild to get back to where they hoped they were heading a few seasons ago. And keeping the fans as happy as possible despite the bad situation Spurs are in is also important.