talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Its over and im happy that it is because it just dragged and wasn't even newsworthy till something happened. I'd take Draxler over Lemar because I think Klopp can get the best out of the German and he can switch positions as well. Look what some confidence and playing time did for players like Lallana and Alex. No reason to think Draxler's sub-par form this season wouldn't improve in a fast-paced system that Liverpool will offer. But I do think spending them money wisely on a good GK should be something that is looked into more importantly than a Coutinho replacement because we're slowly addressing the defensive issue and one of the biggest missing links is the man between the sticks.

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I assume he is registered for the Levante game @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS ?

Yep... The registration has already been put through, it was done last night but he won’t be selected for that game and they’re not even allowing him to be in the stadium for it so that the media focus isn’t swayed from the importance of the game. He won’t be making his debut this afternoon against Levante and the squad was already picked yesterday by Valverde knowing full well that the transfer would be finalised the same day.

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I assume he is registered for the Levante game @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS ?

He probably won't be up for selection until next weekend now mate.

The big news is that Arnaiz is in the squad.

This is the squad:-

Goalkeepers: 1. Marc-André ter Stegen, 13. Jasper Cillessen

Defenders: 2. Nélson Semedo, 3. Gerard Piqué, 14. Javier Mascherano, 18. Jordi Alba, 19. Lucas Digne, 20. Sergi Roberto, 25. Thomas Vermaelen

Midfielders: 4. Ivan Rakitic, 6. Denis Suarez, 8. Andrés Iniesta, 15. Paulinho Bezerra, 21. André Gomes

Forwards: 9. Luis Suárez, 10. Lionel Messi, 11. Ousmane Dembélé, 37. José Arnáiz

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep... The registration has already been put through, it was done last night but he won’t be selected for that game and they’re not even allowing him to be in the stadium for it so that the media focus isn’t swayed from the importance of the game. He won’t be making his debut this afternoon against Levante and the squad was already picked yesterday by Valverde knowing full well that the transfer would be finalised the same day.

Next weekend will be when probably. Unless he makes a sub appearance in the cup?

Today's line-up will probably consist of:-

Ter Stegen, Semedo, Piqué, Vermaelen, Alba, Roberto, Rakitic, Paulinho, Iniesta, Messi, Suárez

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Next weekend will be when probably. Unless he makes a sub appearance in the cup?

I would expect the Copa del Rey game at home against Celta will be where he’s selected mate. He’s ready to play, it’s not like he’s not been playing for his previous club (Liverpool) and thus having to get back to match fitness.  The only question is giving him time to adapt to a completely different way of playing because both Liverpool and Barcelona play completely different styles of football.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Which part of Liverpool is the Isle of Man in?

I inherited my football teams from my parents and there's no actual football leagues in the Isle of Man so it's not like there was an alternative.

Bit different from attaching myself to one of the best clubs in the world halfway across Europe and my perception isn't helped by how much people bleat about how special Barcelona are with the Mes Que Un Club bollocks as if they're some sort of god like entity compared to big evil Real Madrid, and it's even more funny watching people try and defend shit like they've pulled throughout this Coutinho saga because it's Barcelona and it's somehow okay because serving Barcelona is like some sort of higher purpose. Admittedly, people on Twitter etc are worse than you lot on here.

I couldn't care less who you choose to support and I've had comments about supporting two clubs and supporting Everton when none of my family are from Liverpool, I'm the last person who's going to sit here and pretend that peoples opinions on the internet are relevant to other people supporting certain football clubs, but Barcelona and their following irritate me for the reasons I've said above and I do find it odd how so many people on a relatively small forum have joined in.

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I inherited my football teams from my parents and there's no actual football leagues in the Isle of Man so it's not like there was an alternative.

Bit different from attaching myself to one of the best clubs in the world halfway across Europe and my perception isn't helped by how much people bleat about how special Barcelona are with the Mes Que Un Club bollocks as if they're some sort of god like entity compared to big evil Real Madrid, and it's even more funny watching people try and defend shit like they've pulled throughout this Coutinho saga because it's Barcelona and it's somehow okay because serving Barcelona is like some sort of higher purpose. Admittedly, people on Twitter etc are worse than you lot on here.

I couldn't care less who you choose to support and I've had comments about supporting two clubs and supporting Everton when none of my family are from Liverpool, I'm the last person who's going to sit here and pretend that peoples opinions on the internet are relevant to other people supporting certain football clubs, but Barcelona and their following irritate me for the reasons I've said above and I do find it odd how so many people on a relatively small forum have joined in.

You did mention the fact people on Social Media are much worse but even then I can’t relate to what you’ve just written because even much worse isn’t relevant here because apart from maybe one or two members that consistently post about Barcelona and rarely pop in to post on anything else can be considered what I feel you’re alluding to which is a type of glory hunting effect.

The posts on Barcelona subjects (topics) are mostly informative and the reason a club like Barça gets that amount of activity is because people seem to be interested in it.  There’s no other way around it...

That it irritates you as you have said... Yeah, but so what! That’s just you because Barcelona like any other club, is just a club at the end of the day and THIS is an all inclusive international football forum that provides a portal for clubs and international football from all around the world.  Maybe you should look to participate in a forum only consisting of English or UK based clubs and then you wouldn’t be irritated. 

As for the right to have sympathies with a foreign football club goes, well that can be diverse depending on age, media attention in general and in some cases (as with mine) because my heritage is actually Spanish.

But anyway... It sounds more like (I know this because of you’re citing of the Mes Que Un Club motto) that you have more of a problem with the club itself than any activity from the members on TF365 may have offered.  Like I said when I started this post... From the activity offered to Barcelona on this forum, all I can say is that in general by a long margin, it’s activity given from decent folk that love their football, that support their everyday club but also have a side interest in Barça simply because (as I said above) that club generates interest for obvious reasons you seem to dislike,

We can leave it at the fact FC Barcelona irritates you and not so much what’s been printed by its members here.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst I'm not really arsed what people think (not a dig at you personally) but I've spent money last season flying over to Spain to go and see Barcelona so whilst I would never call myself a true ''supporter'' as I don't live in Spain nor brought up in Catalunya I do feel that I shouldn't be thrown into the same category as Leroy from Somalia who wears an Arsenal shirt with Frank Lampard on the back. I watch all of Barcelona's games on TV and follow them closely, maybe this isn't to everyone's cup of tea but do we really need to start having our affinities signed off by other football fans? 

Support whoever you want, follow whoever you want. Just remember the level at which you're at and it's fine in my book. The minute I start to have my football enjoyment dictated by people I've never met on an internet football is when I should probably step back and re-asses how I choose to live my life. 

More or less what I wrote just above your post mate.

I like Adziom a lot (not that he’ll care and neither should he on that note), but his post was just systematic rhetoric where he was wanting to validate something that wasn’t reasonable seeing as this forum has subforums providing a debate portal for football from the rest of the world.  Barça gets a lot of activity and for some reason that grates on him which to be honest I find strange coming from a person that seems to be balanced in every post he offers the forum.  It definitely doesn’t go along with everything else.

But see... Here I am analysing Adziom in the same fashion Adziom has analysed people that consistently post on Barcelona related subjects and I know in both cases any judgment made in a negative manner would be incorrect.

Was always going to happen. Gave Liverpool everything he had and when the opportunity to win trophies comes up you have to jump at it. Someone as good as him can't stay at Liverpool for the rest of his career to end up with nothing when his legs give in. 

All Liverpool can do now is recruit well and then develop the next signing for the proper European elite clubs. Salah is very close to that. 

7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Support who you want and all that, but you do have to wonder about people who choose to celebrate the success of such a shithouse club when they have no real connection to it.

Explain to me what a real connection to a club is these days?

I can definietly tell you what it was before, say... Hmmmm... Maybe 1995? To bring a year out of my head.

As for Barça being a shithouse club... That’s your opinion, it’s not factual and it isn’t a statistical measurement that’s out there where we can analyse and compare.  I’m sure Liverpool FC haven’t got too many sympathisers in the Southampton region. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

26231594_1614564355247120_31519178218301

Coutinho saying it how it is xD

I get why you’re laughing at that quote mate xD

But that’s a shit thing to say to be honest and I hope something has been lost in translation. He didn’t have to bring fans into it where it seems or can be read that there’s a comparison in there.  Bad use of words to be honest...

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Explain to me what a real connection to a club is these days?

I can definietly tell you what it was before, say... Hmmmm... Maybe 1995? To bring a year out of my head.

As for Barça being a shithouse club... That’s your opinion, it’s not factual and it isn’t a statistical measurement that’s out there where we can analyse and compare.  I’m sure Liverpool FC haven’t got too many sympathisers in the Southampton region. :ph34r:

Why does it have to have a different definition now? Are you, someone who's constantly bemoaning the state of modern football and modern fans, really going to play the "It's different now" card?

As for Barca being a shithouse club, it is indeed my opinion (who else's would I give?), but I don't see how anyone can deny it these days. Barcelona have acted like cunts and been involved in scandals far more often in recent years than can be considered normal. Certainly more than a team described as a 'model football club' should be.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I get why you’re laughing at that quote mate xD

But that’s a shit thing to say to be honest and I hope something has been lost in translation. He didn’t have to bring fans into it where it seems or can be read that there’s a comparison in there.  Bad use of words to be honest...

it's fake xD

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Why does it have to have a different definition now? Are you, someone who's constantly bemoaning the state of modern football and modern fans, really going to play the "It's different now" card?

As for Barca being a shithouse club, it is indeed my opinion (who else's would I give?), but I don't see how anyone can deny it these days. Barcelona have acted like cunts and been involved in scandals far more often in recent years than can be considered normal. Certainly more than a team described as a 'model football club' should be.

You said it mate... It's in your opinion. As for scandals... There have been plenty of clubs involved in one scandal or another, some in as many of not more.  But it's obvious that a club the size of Barça is going to get more focus put on it.  I understand how you feel, I felt the same when Cesc left for Barcelona and all the shenanigans that occurred.  But I already wrote a good post on that here which you and those that think like you choose to ignore because you've made up your mind.

As for the state of football... I don't like it and you've rightly stated that I've written enough about it. But I can't do anything to change that and where you've chosen to criticise the same reasoning behind my sentiments there are many others that have slated me for thinking the opposite. You can't please everyone!

Football has become a cynical business and very competitive at all levels which means you get situations such as these arising unfortunately.

• The title was changed to Philipe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona

Liverpool did well here. Never considered Coutinho to be more than just a good player, definitely not world class. He has more game intelligence than Gareth Bale though so he should impress more than Bale has at Real Madrid.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You said it mate... It's in your opinion. As for scandals... There have been plenty of clubs involved in one scandal or another, some in as many of not more.  But it's obvious that a club the size of Barça is going to get more focus put on it.  I understand how you feel, I felt the same when Cesc left for Barcelona and all the shenanigans that occurred.  But I already wrote a good post on that here which you and those that think like you choose to ignore because you've made up your mind.

As for the state of football... I don't like it and you've rightly stated that I've written enough about it. But I can't do anything to change that and where you've chosen to criticise the same reasoning behind my sentiments there are many others that have slated me for thinking the opposite. You can't please everyone!

Football has become a cynical business and very competitive at all levels which means you get situations such as these arising unfortunately.

That's your opinion :ph34r:

I'm annoyed about the outcome of this saga and the way Barcelona and Coutinho have conducted themselves throughout, but that's not the reason for my distaste. We both know that Barcelona's questionable behaviour goes beyond their (very) public transfer sagas, so I haven't ignored your posts blaming the media for things only Barcelona do, they're just not entirely relevant.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

That's your opinion :ph34r:

I'm annoyed about the outcome of this saga and the way Barcelona and Coutinho have conducted themselves throughout, but that's not the reason for my distaste. We both know that Barcelona's questionable behaviour goes beyond their (very) public transfer sagas, so I haven't ignored your posts blaming the media for things only Barcelona do, they're just not entirely relevant.

My posts relating to the Coutinho saga have been entirely relevant mate, just you don't want them to be and have made up your mind which I can understand in a world which relates to a tribal psychosis. We're all suceptible to this!

Everything else is what I was alluding to... Don't see to many people posting stuff about slating Real Madrid's tax issues, their misdemeanours on the transfer ban for the same thing as Barcelona (Atlético Madrid too for that matter) or also all the rules PSG have been breaking in their attempt to be a proper football club.  This where I've chosen a few off the top of my head...

I said why this occurs... Because of the status the club (Barça) has and coupled with the fact both Suárez and Coutinho have been snatched then I get it.  Put it this way... You don't see Barcelona fans complaining about how their youth players are tapped up by Premier League clubs every year without informing FCB. 

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived