• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 33 Fixtures - 25-27th April, 2023

football forums

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It won't matter mate.. everyone with the slightest connection to football will know its all been achieved by cheating!

Their ground now is silent despite leading in a title decider. It's a soulless club mate.

You say that but the record books will still read they are the most successful and it will be them celebrating the league title every year. 

We're going to be looking at a run of titles like Bayern Munich and Celtic here. 

Clubs are literally having to nearly bankrupt themselves just to hang on.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I will admit that this is pure irrational saltiness but the thing that annoys me about Forest is that a disproportionate number of teams seem to just not turn up against them. I've never seen them win a game where they've actually been fair enough quality. It's always just taking advantage of an opponent having an off day. 

The double whammy for me tonight is that Brighton will drop an absolute clanger down there tonight and will then put in their best performance of the season when we go there in a couple of weeks.

Other teams are pricks. 

Know the feeling a little. Burnley get promoted and then basically held off, drawing against Reading and Rotherham, the  losing to a QPR team that had a horrific run. All teams around us in the relegation fight.

We play Burnley away on the final day. We aren't getting anything there.

I do find it weird that people yearn for anytime in the Premier League considering prior to Chelsea and City it was defined by Man Utd turning into a global monolith. I guess its a whatever sort of capitalism floats your boat situation.

The creation of the Premier League directly encourages the creation of monopolies, the only way you can compete with existing monopolies is by heavily investing. If City and Chelsea hadn’t of turned up then we’d just have 3 decades of United, Arsenal and Liverpool sharing trophies.

We got away big time with that Handball. Seen a ton of pens given for a lot less this season. Pathetic officiating yet again. 

That being said, it was a big win for us. Forest doing us a favour beating Brighton as well. Just need Villa to drop a couple of points, but they are fighting for everything. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t take all three points against Spurs. 

Honestly Arsenal are this deep into a title challenge and Arteta is using Holding, Nketiah, Nelson and Smith-Rowe. However disappointing they will be once City lift the title, Arteta has really worked a miracle with this squad to get to this point.

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly Arsenal are this deep into a title challenge and Arteta is using Holding, Nketiah, Nelson and Smith-Rowe. However disappointing they will be once City lift the title, Arteta has really worked a miracle with this squad to get to this point.

you can add Vieira yo the list, absolute passager

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

We got away big time with that Handball. Seen a ton of pens given for a lot less this season. Pathetic officiating yet again. 

That being said, it was a big win for us. Forest doing us a favour beating Brighton as well. Just need Villa to drop a couple of points, but they are fighting for everything. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t take all three points against Spurs. 

6th will be Europa with City v United in the Fa Cup. I think CL has gone now for everyone that top 4 is locked in

49 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It won't matter mate.. everyone with the slightest connection to football will know its all been achieved by cheating!

Their ground now is silent despite leading in a title decider. It's a soulless club mate.

Your not taking Bellingham signing for us very well are you mate xD ..United, Chelsea and few others have out spent us btw and our net spend over the last 5 years is lower than yours lol

14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Your not taking Bellingham signing for us very well are you mate xD ..United, Chelsea and few others have out spent us btw and our net spend over the last 5 years is lower than yours lol

We haven't outspent City.....

You've spent multi millions on a training complex, your stadium, the whole infrastructure of the club.

Stop judging progress on buying players alone, if you consider your spend on the club as a whole you've more than likely spent double what United have.

Although I still didn't expect it, I could see that Forest result happening. Of course they'd get Brighton home after they played 120mins on Sunday. Freak OG too to get them back in it right on HT.

What's annoying is, with a Monday night home game v Southampton to come and Chelsea to play (who have seemingly downed tools), they could scab two wins there and they are sorted.

Cue Everton winning 1-0 tomorrow night and it's been a really shitty midweek.

James Lawrence Alcotts post game was good.  Arsenal lack any physical presence, which is why they have struggled in recent weeks against relegation scrapers.  Normally arsenal can get around that by out playing weaker teams, however City absolutely destroyed them.

this man city team can beat anyone, Madrid better be afraid.

• Administrator

Brighton you absolute melts. 

Chelsea won't go down, too many teams play each other at the bottom for that to happen. It doesn't make it why less amusing though that they spent all that fuckload of money and they're playing like they are, losing so many games. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just seen that West Ham are already on 35 points even if they lose this so don't know why @Stan is investing energy in hoping they lose. Neither of our shambolic clubs are catching them 

I know, just more out of hope than anything else xD

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Brighton you absolute melts. 

Chelsea won't go down, too many teams play each other at the bottom for that to happen. It doesn't make it why less amusing though that they spent all that fuckload of money and they're playing like they are, losing so many games. 

If they had 4 points less you'd be seriously looking at them being dragged in.

9 hours ago, Devil said:

We haven't outspent City.....

You've spent multi millions on a training complex, your stadium, the whole infrastructure of the club.

Stop judging progress on buying players alone, if you consider your spend on the club as a whole you've more than likely spent double what United have.

I believe we have the best training complex in the world and the off field stuff is just next level so yeah, that's going to help but we are not the top spenders on players, far from it (that might change this summer lol) we spending money the right way

52 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I believe we have the best training complex in the world and the off field stuff is just next level so yeah, that's going to help but we are not the top spenders on players, far from it (that might change this summer lol) we spending money the right way

This net spend argument is just wank, you’ve spend lots of money ever since the owners came in it’s been cash, cash, cash. We all know you’ve cheated, you know you’ve cheated and we all know because of it you’ve arguably got the best squad and facilities in the world. 

You have a fantastic side just have the grace to say yeah we’ve not exactly done it the right way but we are what we are. It’s because you constantly try to justify this bs and many other city fans do that we don’t like the club. 

what you and other clubs like you have done though is inflate the price of the game as clubs scramble to compete with your endless supply of money, that’s ticket prices, shirts, unsavoury sponsorship deals, player wages, transfer fees, agent fees etc. It’s literally killed some clubs. 

win all the titles you want the common fan will never respect it, in 50 years from now it will just be like my own club Villas achievements “we’re you alive then” chants coming your way. 

41 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Hope we are not complacent tonight. Still a lot of points we need to collect in the last 7 games to ensure Champions League.

Wouldn't rule out Liverpool winning all their games and thus we'd need 13 points from the last 7 games.

This week is a bit of a 6 pointer for us, two winnable games to take us to the brink of qualification.

Everton (A)

Soton (H)

Arsenal (H)

Leeds (A)

Brighton (H)

Leicester (H)

Chelsea (A)

Lots of points on the table

• Subscriber

Newcastle can have 9 points off Southampton, Leeds and Leicester. They don't really need to win tonight :ph34r:.

A part of me has genuinely started thinking that it. might be quite nice to be in the Championship. I've seen Everton win 6 games this season and 5 of those have been by a single goal. We've also scored less than 30 goals since August. It's not exactly "fun" and I can't convince myself like I was able to last year that it's a one-off. Unless the ownership and board changes, relegation is a matter of when, not if. At least if we were in the Championship you could actually look forward to games again as we'd score more goals and win more often (provided relegation didn't lead to the very possible financial oblivion). This is where I'm at now xD.

16 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

This week is a bit of a 6 pointer for us, two winnable games to take us to the brink of qualification.

Everton (A)

Soton (H)

Arsenal (H)

Leeds (A)

Brighton (H)

Leicester (H)

Chelsea (A)

Lots of points on the table

You will do it now 100% 

Archived