talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kim Min-jae joins Bayern Munich

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Kim Min-Jae - Man United

He seems highly rated, had a great year with Napoli .  I goggled him and saw he was only 5ft 6 and thought damn with Martinez that's  two small centre backs,  but that turned out to be a Korean rapper with the same name, this guy is 6ft 2 or 3.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

He seems highly rated, had a great year with Napoli .  I goggled him and saw he was only 5ft 6 and thought damn with Martinez that's  two small centre backs,  but that turned out to be a Korean rapper with the same name, this guy is 6ft 2 or 3.

xD

On 15/05/2023 at 18:54, Devil said:

Hopefully true, always great to get the business done early.

That release clause is only valid for a few days in July. 

Meanwhile Napoli will be trying to keep him, they are a tough club to deal with and it will be a long drawn out saga as always with Napoli under De Laurentiis. 

• Subscriber

Manchester United linked defender Kim Min-Jae continues to rack up plaudits at Serie A champions Napoli.

South Korea international defender Kim Min-Jae is the subject of strong attention from Manchester United.

Italian newspaper  Il Mattino reported this week that Min-Jae wants to join the Red Devils, although Fabrizio Romano has since played down that a move is imminent.

Nonetheless, the centre-back is a big talking point in his homeland after a terrific 2022/23 season for his club.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/transfer-news/italian-coach-shares-what-napoli-manager-told-him-about-manchester-united-linked-kim-min-jae/

• 4 weeks later...

Smart man getting a release clause in given how notoriously difficult Napoli are to negotiate with.

I was listening to a podcast with Steven Caulker on and he said he joined Fenerbache knowing they had recruited ageing center backs that had underperformed for the last couple of seasons. Then when he joined, they suddenly unearthed this guy who was clearly going to go on and achieve great things. He couldn't believe his luck.

• Subscriber

Id be a little surprised if that salary is correct, most of the salary talk is coming out of Italy and the net/gross gets mixed up a fair amount between the leagues. €17m would make him our highest paid defender, which I have a hard time believing. 

34 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Id be a little surprised if that salary is correct, most of the salary talk is coming out of Italy and the net/gross gets mixed up a fair amount between the leagues. €17m would make him our highest paid defender, which I have a hard time believing. 

Well, 17m gross would make for a net salary of a bit less than 10m, which appears believable.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, 17m gross would make for a net salary of a bit less than 10m, which appears believable.

Yeah its not outlandish, but just over €9m net would make him the highest paid defender which as I said I would be surprised still. I think Coman earns around €9m net for example. Supposedly part of the reason for Alaba to demand a kings ransom and ultimately leave was because Lucas Hernandez was the highest earning defender when he was brought in. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I really rate this guy, he’s looked brilliant every time I’ve seen him. Would him going to Bayern mean they sell one of the good CB’s they’ve already got? 

Long story short Lucas Hernandez wants to go to PSG and Pavard wont sign an extension, so likely both getting sold this summer. 

• The title was changed to Kim Min-jae joins Bayern Munich

Archived