talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How many goals will Harry Kane score this season?

How many goals will Harry Kane score this season?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Harry Kane score this season?

• 0-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 15-20
    • 20-25
    • 25-30
    • 30-35
    • 35-40
    • 40+

I'd say 15-20 max. When you see that Haaland only scored 22 goals in the Bundesliga but is taking the Premier League apart, I think Kane will have it a bit more difficult than people would expect. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He will score as many as he wants in a league that is an awful standard of football.

The Bundesliga is of a very high standard and it is one of the strongest leagues in the world. But yeah, he will score plenty of goals for an elite team like Bayern, seeing as he scored for fun for a struggling Spurs side in the Premiership. Kane will guarantee plenty of goals wherever he plays. He is simply world class and Bayern finally have a more than suitable replacement for Lewandowski.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

He will score as many as he wants in a league that is an awful standard of football.

Thank you! Finally I know why Mane, scored double digits in England regularly, only scored 7 in the Bundesliga, while Haaland scored more goals in his first PL season than he scored in Germany in any of the season's he played. It's because it's much easier to score in Germany of course.:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Thank you! Finally I know why Mane, scored double digits in England regularly, only scored 7 in the Bundesliga, while Haaland scored more goals in his first PL season than he scored in Germany in any of the season's he played. It's because it's much easier to score in Germany of course.:ph34r:

It's a lazy and uninformed opinion.  Obviously we should all be playing the style of Crystal Palace, clinging on for dear life every season with 'ol Roy in charge.  Now that's the quality of football I dream about.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Tbf Bayern signed him after a season where for half the time he was playing for us, up until returning from AFCON, he looked pretty spent physically compared to previous seasons. I think there's a good chance we got lucky selling him at the right time - cos I think his last season with us, while he still had a pretty decent year, was probably his worst performance wise.

And his best form that season for us came after we shifted him to a position where the fact his legs had gone a bit was negated a bit by us signing Luis Diaz and playing him where we used to play Mane.

• Subscriber

Will he be another Lewandowski?, the latter was 25 when he joined Bayern from Dortmund and 33 when he joined Barca but how will he get on with Tuchel and how will he use Kane? I have ticked 25/30 goals

Edit: Lewandowski scored 30 for Bayern season 2016/17

download.thumb.png.db17d9f705b1a4e961452dab2a8073ae.png

• 2 weeks later...

25 to 30 goals is my answer. 

I don't think Kane will break Lewy's record (41 goals) but I think he is a better overall player than Lewandowski and is capable of reaching 50 goal contributions in a season in his time as a Bayern player. He's so a good and creates so many chances. Bayern wingers and midfielders will definitely benefit from him. 

• Subscriber
On 25/08/2023 at 18:09, El Profesor said:

25 to 30 goals is my answer. 

I don't think Kane will break Lewy's record (41 goals) but I think he is a better overall player than Lewandowski and is capable of reaching 50 goal contributions in a season in his time as a Bayern player. He's so a good and creates so many chances. Bayern wingers and midfielders will definitely benefit from him. 

I don't know why but Lewy's link up play and setups have always seemed criminally underrated. Bayern benefitted from that play, much like we already are under Kane as they are similar type players. It's exactly why this was the dream transfer replacement. I'll be able to judge after a few seasons of watching them both but I have a hard time expecting Kane to be as good as Lewy was as an all round player. Part of that is no longer having a prime Mueller to work with so it's not exactly like for like comparison.

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Great point well made!

Well, let's see the reality here. You suggested Kane would score that many goals he'd had to improve on his current rate, even under the condition he wouldn't miss a match for being banned, injured or rested. When I told you that, you made a condescending comment. Do you consider respect towards others to be one of your fortitudes?