• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 2 - 18-21st August, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST)

Friday 18th August, 2023
Nottm Forest vs Sheff Utd, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Saturday 19th August, 2023
Fulham vs Brentford
Liverpool vs Bournemouth
Wolves vs Brighton

Tottenham vs Man Utd, 17. 30 (live on Sky)

Man City vs Newcastle, 20.00 (live on TNT)

Sunday 20th August, 2023
Aston Villa vs Everton, 14.00 (live on Sky)

West Ham vs Chelsea, 16.30 (live on Sky)

Monday 14th August, 2023
Crystal Palace vs Arsenal, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Got to say, if it meant doing away with the 12:30 kick offs, I'd probably be more inclined to see 8pm Saturday kick offs.

The worst kick off we have and it's lead to so many dead atmospheres and lethergic games. Hopefully City Newcastle lives up to it's billing.

It's a great time for Newcastle to play them in my opinion, not just because of the Super Cup but it's early doors, City aren't in that unstoppable rhythm just yet.

I won't be surprised if Newcastle get a draw or even a win tbh.

it will be about being switched on for every minute.  Last season we played city well but lost out in moments were we switched off.

if we got a draw it would be a great result yo take into the Liverpool game.

we have a crazy start to the season however I do prefer to play these games earlier and have an easier run in

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it will be about being switched on for every minute.  Last season we played city well but lost out in moments were we switched off.

if we got a draw it would be a great result yo take into the Liverpool game.

we have a crazy start to the season however I do prefer to play these games earlier and have an easier run in

Your going to win this, we are not ready to play any decent teams. no De Bruyne, Bernardo is 50/50 with an illness and not sure if Stones & Dias will be chucked straight back in so we lacking creativity, we will control the ball but do little with it with Rodrigo & Kovacic in midfield, Grealish does little in attack apart from hold the ball for better players to arrive so it will be upto Foden on the right, big Erl is not going to get much service 

Ederson

Walker    Akanji      Ake      Gvardiol

Rodrigo    Kovacic

Foden         Alvarez  Haaland      Grealish

Edited by Happy Blue

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Your going to win this, we are not ready to play any decent teams. no De Bruyne, Bernardo is 50/50 with an illness and not sure if Stones & Dias will be chucked straight back in so we lacking creativity, we will control the ball but do little with it with Rodrigo & Kovacic in midfield, Grealish does little in attack apart from hold the ball for better players to arrive so it will be upto Foden on the right, big Erl is not going to get much service 

I do wonder how much of Wednesday's game has taken it out of your side. Especially in those hot conditions. 

i am the most confident I have ever been about going to the Etihad, a ground where we are 0-2-16 at.   However even if I was to pit my black and white specs on, to expect a win would be so unfounded it would amount to delusion.

I would be over the blue moon with a draw, if we were to win, that would be something though history suggests a City win is likely.

I wonder how we start this game, sure Harvey Barnes needs to start and maybe have Gordon instead of Almiron.

Both Spurs vs Man United and Man City vs Newcastle look like fascinating matches.

Aston Villa vs Everton : if there is a winner, then one or other is the early season crisis club. I firmly believe Tielemans was somehow not deemed fit enough for the opening match. He really does seem the most natural choice in the squad for the Jacob Ramsey spot. With Douglas Luiz & Kamara sitting, allowing Tielemans & McGinn to support & create for Watkins & just the 1 from Diaby & Bailey. That sort of balance was working well.

35 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Both Spurs vs Man United and Man City vs Newcastle look like fascinating matches.

Aston Villa vs Everton : if there is a winner, then one or other is the early season crisis club. I firmly believe Tielemans was somehow not deemed fit enough for the opening match. He really does seem the most natural choice in the squad for the Jacob Ramsey spot. With Douglas Luiz & Kamara sitting, allowing Tielemans & McGinn to support & create for Watkins & just the 1 from Diaby & Bailey. That sort of balance was working well.

Can't see you dropping points at home to Everton. 

Big game today, west London derby at Craven Cottage. Big news is that Mathias Jensen is fit after getting injured against Spurs.

I've no idea how we're going to line up, towards the end of last season and in pre-season we played a 4-3-3, but opening day against Spurs we played a 3-5-2. I can't remember who it was, but I watched an interview with a footballer recently who said the focus at the beginning of the season was just to find consistency and make sure everyone is gelled as soon as possible, which makes me wonder if we will use the 3-5-2 for the beginning just to pick up points before being a bit more expansive.

Anyway preferred line up for today is:

Schade - Wissa - Mbeumo

Damsgaard - Norgaard - Jensen

Henry - Mee - Pinnock - Hickey

Flekken

Happy to see Lewis-Potter come on or even start, also happy to see Onyeka start too if needed.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

forest will just about survive

Only because there are three sides far worse. Sheffield United, Luton and Bournemouth for me.

I hope Bournemouth go because of their treatment of Gary O Neill.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Only because there are three sides far worse. Sheffield United, Luton and Bournemouth for me.

Bournemouth played really well against West Ham, I think they're going to cause a lot of problems to teams this season. I really like the look of their left back too.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Bournemouth have made some decent signings. I think they'll be fine. 

I'd say Luton, Sheff Utd, Everton and West Ham are worse. 

Tight first half, Diop made a mistake passing back to the keeper and Wissa pounced. Outside of that neither side has had a clear cut shot on goal, but I would say we've created about 2-3 opportunities where could have finished better and created something of value.

Fulham struggling so far to create anything outside of Pereira's whipped crosses which are causing some problems. Fulham struggle to create when teams reduce the space they can attack behind, wouldn't surprise me if they bring on a winger who can drive in a bit as their passing hasn't opened anything up.

• The topic was unpinned