talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 11 - Sports

football forum

• Subscriber

Sheep - Season 11 - Sports

image.thumb.png.5994d46f63d9f7eb6a3d5e9b55ffbcc8.png

Sports are a great source of entertainment for the masses. You get to watch a single person achieve the impossible, sometimes you get to watch teams do the unthinkable, sometimes there's heartbreak and sometimes we get to witness redemption; but no matter what your preference is they entertain. This season of Sheep is geared around sports in general and will test your knowledge on some sports that you may not have even heard of. Needless to say, we're back and we hope you're ready for a new season. 

If you'd like to participate in this season please let me know, I will tag participants from the last round. If you feel I have missed someone or if you feel like you may know someone who wants to participate, please tag them and once they confirm I'll add them to the roster. Apologies in advance if you aren't able to participate but I am tagging you based on prior participation. 

@Stan @CaaC (John)  @nudge  @Lucas  @Bluewolf  @DeadLinesman  @Pyfish  @Dr. Gonzo  @Spike

The Rules or How does this work?

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

If you'd like to see how previous seasons went please browse this sub-forum and feel free to ask questions.

This season will start on September 15th, 2023 or sooner if we can get enough people. I am looking for 10 or more people to get in but 8 will do too.

P.S. Could I please have an admin pin this to the top of this subforum and unpin the Season 10 threads. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

@Stan @CaaC (John) @Dr. Gonzo @DeadLinesman @Spike @Pyfish @nudge @Beelzebub @Tommy @Lucas @Bluewolf 

Round 1 is underway. As a refresher for newcomers I am reposting the rules here. Should be a fairly easy round with some slight tough questions thrown in the mix as well. 

The Rules or How does this work?

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

Sheep - Season 11 - Sports - Round 1 - Miscellaneous

1. Name a sport that is played with three people on a team?
  2. Name a sport that was invented in Brazil.
  3. How many referees are there in total for a modern football match?
  4. Name a popular sport that is not an olympic sport yet.
  5. Name a sports-person who is now in politics.
  6. Name a famous sports sponsor company that makes alcoholic beverages.
  7. How many rectangles does a football pitch have?
  8. Name a country who has won a gold medal in curling just once. (Best guess)
  9. Besides China, name a country that won the most mens-doubles badminton gold medals.
  10. The sheep have decided to form a team to play one of the following sports as a team sport which one did they pick from the following: (Archery/Synchronized Swimming/Gymnastics)

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.

You all have till Monday(Sep 25th) to get your answers to me. If they all come in sooner I'll have the results out faster as well and we can move to the next round.

Good luck.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

How do we feel about using Google, @Mel81x? I know it's impossible to enforce, but could we all agree simply not to use it? Much more fun that way having to come up with something for questions you don't know the answer to, instead of just googling the actual "right" answer and getting max points because most other participants did the same.