talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

£200m?! You're never getting that. 

A defender who in the last few seasons has taken a team struggling to keep goals out to two CL finals and now on the cusp of a PL title going unbeaten along the way? If you ask me, teams should be glad its only 200m and not more. If they don't want to pay thats okay too, we can keep him and win more. But I think anything under 150m is a steal and ultimately depends on the contract hes under as well. How much did Maguire go for? And you're also looking at a lot of teams in Europe who will want to solidify their backline with the option to now get a player who can do that and can do it while playing the ball. Yeah, 200m is a joke price in all honesty. He's 28 and you'll get another 3 - 5 yrs out of him as well.

Can't see why he'd want to leave but then again its what he wants and the club should recuperate on anything spent on him even if it did come from another dealing. Barcelona should pick this up while its hot and I'd imagine Real Madrid could do it too. We could also all be surprised when he says he doesnt want to leave at the end of it all.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

A defender who in the last few seasons has taken a team struggling to keep goals out to two CL finals and now on the cusp of a PL title going unbeaten along the way? If you ask me, teams should be glad its only 200m and not more. If they don't want to pay thats okay too, we can keep him and win more. But I think anything under 150m is a steal and ultimately depends on the contract hes under as well. How much did Maguire go for? And you're also looking at a lot of teams in Europe who will want to solidify their backline with the option to now get a player who can do that and can do it while playing the ball. Yeah, 200m is a joke price in all honesty. He's 28 and you'll get another 3 - 5 yrs out of him as well.

Can't see why he'd want to leave but then again its what he wants and the club should recuperate on anything spent on him even if it did come from another dealing. Barcelona should pick this up while its hot and I'd imagine Real Madrid could do it too. We could also all be surprised when he says he doesnt want to leave at the end of it all.

Mate you’re not getting £200m for anyone now, that was crazy money instigated by PSG and the market his dropped again. If Maguire went for £80m then you’d probably be looking between £90m-£120m max imo

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mate you’re not getting £200m for anyone now, that was crazy money instigated by PSG and the market his dropped again. If Maguire went for £80m then you’d probably be looking between £90m-£120m max imo

If Maguire went for £80m then Liverpool should be looking at £300m minimum

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Of course not but it doesn't hurt to ask for 200m. After all, there are clubs like PSG who would jump at the opportunity to add someone like him to their roster just because of what he brings to the table. Even if they decide they want to negotiate and we come down to 120 - 150 (still a joke to me) we'd be recuperating all the money from the transfers that funded his arrival at the club plus a profit change which is what would then fund the hunt for future prospects too. 

There’s no chance the club will budge on a huge huge huge price if he wanted to leave. I very much doubt he does. He can win plenty more with us in the next few years. 

IF he were to go, he will be no cheaper than 150m. Even at that price I’d be annoyed because you cannot replace him, he’s the best defender in the world. 

My favourite thing about this Liverpool side is the number of times we’ve scored from a corner against us this season. Sides would almost be better off hoofing the ball to their keepers from corners than trying to score.

It’s a far cry from those days under Rodgers where we’d concede off 10% of the corners against us. And I fucking love it.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My favourite thing about this Liverpool side is the number of times we’ve scored from a corner against us this season. Sides would almost be better off hoofing the ball to their keepers from corners than trying to score.

It’s a far cry from those days under Rodgers where we’d concede off 10% of the corners against us. And I fucking love it.

Ah zonal marking and its wondrous perils. I remember TV pundits always bringing it up as a weakness we had when defending corners.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Ah zonal marking and its wondrous perils. I remember TV pundits always bringing it up as a weakness we had when defending corners.

It was Rafa that introduced us to zonal marking I believe? And as far as I know we still do it now. The difference now is that big Virg gets his head on literally everything whether it's his zone or not xD

I mean, I was happy when we signed VVD but fuck me, little did we all know at the time that we had just signed one of the best CB's of all time. 

I read the comments on here the other day and some were saying we wouldn't get £200m for him and they were probably right, because no club can afford £200m for a defender, especially Juventus who would probably offer to loan him for 3 years  with the option to buy for £6m in 2025. But in terms of if hes worth it then yes, every single penny. VVD doesn't just give you the best CB in the world, he also improves whoever is playing beside him by about 60%. 

What a player.

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

All the sudden everyone is a Liverpool supporter since they were kids insane. Since the league in this format started glory hunters go as: Manchetser United - Chelsea - Manchester City - Liverpool.

Born n bred in Liverpool mate. I've spent my life watching a couple of years of them being great in the late 80's, to most of my adult life watching them being shit. 

Too fucking right im going to milk this period pal.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Born n bred in Liverpool mate. I've spent my life watching a couple of years of them being great in the late 80's, to most of my adult life watching them being shit. 

Too fucking right im going to milk this period pal.

Lol not you mate or any of these lads on here. Social media fans i was talking about them.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:19, Danny said:

VVD worth £10 mill more than the hapless Maguire? 

£200million would be about right for VVD in terms of his worth to Liverpool and global worth in this market. Certainly has to be far upwards of the expendable Coutinho. I'd be surprised if it were true anyway, only real benefit of a move to Juventus is living in Italy, very much a sideways step in terms of club.

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

VVD worth £10 mill more than the hapless Maguire? 

£200million would be about right for VVD in terms of his worth to Liverpool and global worth in this market. Certainly has to be far upwards of the expendable Coutinho.

Martin Edward's would probably get an extra £50m on top of £200m, just because he's Martin Edward's. :D