talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Strangest food combinations

football forums

We've got chocolate and chicken and had the pineapple on pizza debate have you come across any others?

I've known a couple of people who put jam on everything. I mean even scrambled egg which is fucking gross in my opinion.

I know somebody who dips pickles in cream which looks so wrong.

• 3 months later...
On 26/03/2024 at 03:07, CaaC (John) said:

There's acutally a 3 Michelin star restaurant that serves an apple and onion crumble. Sounds disgusting but the onions are cooked for a very long time and they become sweet. There is also a lot of other stuff they do to it so I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you know what you are doing ha ha 

On 26/03/2024 at 03:07, CaaC (John) said:

This just goes way too far.... lock them up with the Ketchup on pizza people and let them slug it out till the death.. This looks like it's one of them 'I have spent all my money on drugs and now I only have this left in the fridge' student meals.. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

There's acutally a 3 Michelin star restaurant that serves an apple and onion crumble. Sounds disgusting but the onions are cooked for a very long time and they become sweet. There is also a lot of other stuff they do to it so I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you know what you are doing ha ha 

I love onions but eating that would make me sick as a dog, yuk.

7 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

When I was young my nan use to have some meat with boiled potato veg and baked beans. She'd put gravy on it. It's actually nice. I think food is very subjective. Eat what you want 

This man speaks truths.

12 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I love onions but eating that would make me sick as a dog, yuk.

It probably wouldn't mate. Bare in mind onions go sweet when cooked for a long time. If I remember rightly they are cooked ultra slow for 2 days or something. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2024 at 21:43, MUFC said:

We've got chocolate and chicken and had the pineapple on pizza debate have you come across any others?

I've known a couple of people who put jam on everything. I mean even scrambled egg which is fucking gross in my opinion.

I know somebody who dips pickles in cream which looks so wrong.

Never heard of chocolate with chicken but chocolate with lamb is a common combination in top restaurants. It's very different from normal chocolate though. Coco in chilli is another common one. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Never heard of chocolate with chicken but chocolate with lamb is a common combination in top restaurants. It's very different from normal chocolate though. Coco in chilli is another common one. 

Cocoa and dark beer is my key to a good chili!

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Cocoa and dark beer is my key to a good chili!

Never used dark beer I don't think. I've not made a chilli at home in years. When I make them at work I don't get to make them the way I like to unfortunately  

31 minutes ago, Toinho said:

For the record, pineapple on pizza is amazing.

I never understand the fascination with the subject. I don't like it myself so I don't eat pizza with it on. If I did I would. Why is there this obsession with whether its right or wrong. Its personal preference 

6 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I never understand the fascination with the subject. I don't like it myself so I don't eat pizza with it on. If I did I would. Why is there this obsession with whether its right or wrong. Its personal preference 

I think it comes from seeing Italians get wound the fuck up about their food purity when people do shit that's different to the "standards"

On 19/07/2024 at 21:49, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it comes from seeing Italians get wound the fuck up about their food purity when people do shit that's different to the "standards"

To be fair, those people equipped with that fascination on this forum aren't Italians.