talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Launch Unprecedented Legal Action Against the Premier League

But within an 165-page legal document City argue that they are the victims of “discrimination”, describing rules they say have been approved by their rivals to stifle their success on the pitch as a “tyranny of the majority”.

Lol an absolute monarchy complaining about tyranny.

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just relegate the cunts to the bottom of the pyramid ffs. They're an absolute stain on English football.

Sorry, was we found guilty of anything? i'll wait :35_thinking: 

• Subscriber

Everton and Forest both briefed that they were convinced they hadn't done anything wrong and received points penalties. Man City are hardly going to claim anything other than innocence while this is ongoing.

Delaying tactics, the PL have a small legal team and they will now be burdened by this. City have the best lawyers in the country, but they are done for and they know it now. Hence Pep will leave next year, shame the titles won’t be voided for the players and coaches too, just the club but we are entering the end game now. Within two years they will be brought to half justice, you will never get full justice they’ve delayed too long. But scum club and fans of theirs who defend them are rats, destroyed the game they have 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Delaying tactics, the PL have a small legal team and they will now be burdened by this. City have the best lawyers in the country, but they are done for and they know it now. Hence Pep will leave next year, shame the titles won’t be voided for the players and coaches too, just the club but we are entering the end game now. Within two years they will be brought to half justice, you will never get full justice they’ve delayed too long. But scum club and fans of theirs who defend them are rats, destroyed the game they have 

:4_joy:

Manchester City aren't just content with being the most cringe club in England, they needed to set a precedent that would put international cringe clubs on watch.

I think this makes it slightly more likely that they might receive a meaningful punishment as the Premier League, who I think would've been completely fine with being hypocrites, won't want to be seen as bitches getting scared off by Man City being aggressive towards them.

39 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I think this makes it slightly more likely that they might receive a meaningful punishment as the Premier League, who I think would've been completely fine with being hypocrites, won't want to be seen as bitches getting scared off by Man City being aggressive towards them.

If we win this court case next week everything the premier league have charged us with will not count, the 115 will go straight down the toilet with the hearing, everything could be settled next week B| ..what the Prem is trying to do is illegal, this is what we will argue in court on Monday

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

If we win this court case next week everything the premier league have charged us with will not count, the 115 will go straight down the toilet with the hearing, everything could be settled next week B| ..what the Prem is trying to do is illegal, this is what we will argue in court on Monday

IF you do!

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

You don’t understand the legality of it all then if you think that’s the case.  The Man City of old I’d have had sympathy for they were a proper club with proper fans whose club has been hijacked by a gulf state. Now I have no sympathy as the fans seem to be wind up merchants with little or no understanding of football administration yet tell us their victims 🤣 will be funny watching those titles get voided. Imagine supporting the Lance Armstrong of the footballing world, a stink that will hang around your club for generations 

• Subscriber

"Tyranny of the majority" is an.... interesting concept, isn't it?

I see that Man City have been threatening to spend less on their women's team and a bunch of community stuff as well "because they'll have to cut back in order to afford to bring the best players to the Premier League". Load of absolute bollocks because community spending is exempt from the financial regulations that they're whinging about and they could increase all of their spending in that area 100-fold without it remotely impacting their owners' bank balance. Just a scummy threat made in bad faith.

This is why people need to stop sneering at Everton and Forest fans for the complaint that they've had the book thrown at them while City's case has been allowed to rumble on. It's not "well that's understandable because their case is more complicated so obviously it'll take longer". It's a bad faith actor that have deployed every trick in the book to avoid being tried. When you compare to the Everton and Forest cases, how many more rules City have broken, how much more of an advantage they've gained, how much more obstructive they've been in facing up to it, you're looking at removal from the Premier League at an absolute minimum. Even if they were hit with something like a 30 point penalty it would make a total mockery of English football.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You don’t understand the legality of it all then if you think that’s the case.  The Man City of old I’d have had sympathy for they were a proper club with proper fans whose club has been hijacked by a gulf state. Now I have no sympathy as the fans seem to be wind up merchants with little or no understanding of football administration yet tell us their victims 🤣 will be funny watching those titles get voided. Imagine supporting the Lance Armstrong of the footballing world, a stink that will hang around your club for generations 

Its you that doesn't seem to understand. they can not strip titles and like I said, if we win this case which we should it voids what they have charged us with :4_joy: ..watch this, might help you understand (skip to 5.52 for 115 and how it destroys that case)

Edited by Happy Blue

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Sorry, was we found guilty of anything? i'll wait :35_thinking: 

Just curious Blue Boy, when Glasgow Rangers here in Scotland got the boot from the SPFL they had to start all over again from the lower divisions (Scottish League 2&1 & the Scottish Championship) but the Rangers supporters stayed loyal and still went to the games in thousands until we got back into the SPFL.

Would your City tribe stay loyal, attend lower division matches, and support your team forever?

Imagine having an away match at York City in the National League.  xD

• Subscriber

Man City's fans are trying to spin this as being the rest of the pyramid vs Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal and the financial monopoly they used to hold over football.

Might hold just a fragment of weight if you choose to forget that they conspired with those same clubs to run off and form their own relegation-free league to make more money, away from all the clubs that should apparently now be queuing up behind City to support them.

I’ve already stopped watching the league if it’s not my club playing, but I think if this lawsuit means City get away with their 115 charges and leads to a change in rules so they can financially dope further, I think I’m done with the league altogether.

They’ve already diminished the integrity of the league by letting referees take side gigs working for the owners of City and Newcastle. Having the rules changed so they can further ruin our league just kills all possibly interest and excitement I can have.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just curious Blue Boy, when Glasgow Rangers here in Scotland got the boot from the SPFL they had to start all over again from the lower divisions (Scottish League 2&1 & the Scottish Championship) but the Rangers supporters stayed loyal and still went to the games in thousands until we got back into the SPFL.

Would your City tribe stay loyal, attend lower division matches, and support your team forever?

Imagine having an away match at York City in the National League.  xD

John, you do know we dropped down to division 2 and still had higher attendances than some premier league teams right? :35_thinking::4_joy: ..we would lose the glory fans, sure but City still holds the attendance record outside of Wembley stadium from a period when we was a mid to lower table team. personally i would love to re live my childhood in the lower leagues making our way back up again but looks like we are going to bankrupt the premier league into submission with damages and court cases

Edited by Happy Blue

Some say that clubs have the right to attach arbitrary values to players based on nothing other than "commercial value",  by that token then why should the premier league or UEFA/FIFA have independent bodies valuate what a clubs sponsorship model can be?   If Apple want to give Ipswich Town a 200 million a season sponsorship,  is that wrong?  

I will however say that some of the things I heard about City having shell companies form to create artificial sponsorships is a bit sus and if true its unfair akin to rigging which is anti competitive very similar to AMD's multi billion dollar win against Intel Corp for unfair tactics. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If Apple want to give Ipswich Town a 200 million a season sponsorship,  is that wrong?  

Does Apple own Ipswich Town?

There's a big difference from an unrelated corporate sponsor and a corporate sponsorship that's made by the owners of the club. City just made up companies, didn't bother to even give them a web presence that could have the appearance of legitimacy, and then said "oh yeah they're paying this much to be our sponsor. Even Newcastle getting that airline sponsor, even when that airline hadn't even made a single flight because it was still being set up, while still shady as fuck... has more of an appearance of legitimacy.

But an owner creating a company and then making a ridiculously over the top sponsorship deal to get passed certain rules is always going to look shady when you compare it to a corporate sponsor unrelated to the club making any deal.