talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) Spain (aet)2-1 Germany - Friday 5th July, 2024

Just now, Redcanuck said:

I originally thought it was a penalty but the replay showed he was moving his hand towards his body and by the time the ball made contact he was almost touching his leg.

He also tries to turn his body around to make his body smaller 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

First time host country lost a QF in Euros

Conveniently forgetting to mention Quarters exist in Euro since 1996, the Euro 2200 had no host and Belgium in 2000, Austria and Switzerland in 2008, and both Poland and Ukraine in 2012  failed to reach the quarters.:ph34r: Since introduction of quarterfinals only 4 of 9 hosts did better than Germany.😄 Sounds a bit different to your narrative.😆

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Conveniently forgetting to mention Quarters exist in Euro sinc 1996b, the Euro 2200 had no host and Belgium in 2000, Austria and Switzerland in 2008, and both Poland and Ukraine in 2012  failed to reach the quarters.:ph34r: Since introductiom of quarterfinals only 4 of 9 hosts did better than Germany.😄 Sounds a bit different to your narrative.😆

Bro I'm only mentioning what the commentators said. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

I heard them say the same thing.

And none of you came on the idea English commentators might be biased against Germany, since English media have a longstanding history of being impartial, whenever German teams, especially the national one, play, I guess.:ph34r:

In hindsight Germany should have probably played out for penalties in the last 15 mins especially since they had taken off a defender, the rest were tiring and Spain had bought on fresh attackers. 

19 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

And none of you came on the idea English commentators might be biased against Germany, since English media have a longstanding history of being impartial, whenever German teams, especially the national one, play, I guess.:ph34r:

Only Nigel Farage looks at nationality

• The title was changed to (QF) Spain (aet)2-1 Germany - Friday 5th July, 2024

I saw another replay of that penalty incident. The defender had both arms stretched out, he put the right one back to his body, but left the left one out long enough to block the ball while watching it's trajectory. If the referee wasn't too arrogant to not even look at it again, he would have seen that it was a clear penalty. 

Anyway, it was a good game. It was a shame to come up against Spain that early. Watching tonight's 2nd game, and some other teams, they must be wondering how on earth they managed to stay in the tournament. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I saw another replay of that penalty incident. The defender had both arms stretched out, he put the right one back to his body, but left the left one out long enough to block the ball while watching it's trajectory. If the referee wasn't too arrogant to not even look at it again, he would have seen that it was a clear penalty. 

Anyway, it was a good game. It was a shame to come up against Spain that early. Watching tonight's 2nd game, and some other teams, they must be wondering how on earth they managed to stay in the tournament. 

Even if you're right Kroos should have been sent of. You would have been down to ten 1.0 down it would have been hard. And the referee can't look at it again unless var instruct him to 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

Apparently refs have been instructed not to give penalties if a players arm and shoulder are facing down. I think it would of been given as a penalty before. Most fans don't want to see as many penalties being given for handball so that's probably a good thing. 

Despite the elimination, I still think the Euros represent a huge gain for Germany´s NT.

After the humiliations of 2018 and 2022, Germany performed like Germany again.

Nagelsmann has put them on the right track and I think the germans will come back strong for 2026.

• Upvote 1

Penalty incident is a bit gross, but Fullkrug was offside so it doesn't matter. 
Hated it watching it live though because what VAR do and don't rule on and the handball rule always seem to be changing and it always seems to be me getting fucked by it hahaha. 

Best tournament for Germany since 2016. Shame the 2 best teams had to play so early while England get infinity games against nations you couldn't point to on a map.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Excellent match, Germany probably deserved to go to penalties on the whole of play but that's just how it goes. Spains goals where both beauties, ruthless finishing and on the other end Germany's finishing wasn't quite there. A shame these two played this early but at the end of the day huge upswing with Nags and co and I think they can be happy with the tournament for the most part.

Few lineup blunders still too imo. Can just should never be starting at this point, even more bizarre when Andrich looked solid all the way through the tourne. Thought this was the perfect match for Wirtz to be back in the starting 11 as well, Sane had his chance and wasn't good enough. Progress anyways.

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

while England get infinity games against nations you couldn't point to on a map.

If I had said that, the forum would burn to the ground. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Conveniently forgetting to mention Quarters exist in Euro since 1996, the Euro 2200 had no host and Belgium in 2000, Austria and Switzerland in 2008, and both Poland and Ukraine in 2012  failed to reach the quarters.:ph34r: Since introduction of quarterfinals only 4 of 9 hosts did better than Germany.😄 Sounds a bit different to your narrative.😆

That's quite the prediction. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Learned UEFA withdrew Morata's yellow card, and therefore his ban from the semis! Without wanting a discussion whether that yellow card was or wasn't deserved/correct, wondering what happened to the holy cow ref's factual decisions on pitch were unchangeable, retrospectively?

48 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Learned UEFA withdrew Morata's yellow card, and therefore his ban from the semis! Without wanting a discussion whether that yellow card was or wasn't deserved/correct, wondering what happened to the holy cow ref's factual decisions on pitch were unchangeable, retrospectively?

Yeah that's a strange one. I always thought yellow cards couldn't be reversed.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That's odd. Uefa's decision on Bellingham also seems favouritism. He grabbed his crotch towards the Slovakian bench after scoring. A 'suspended' ban so he can play against Switzerland, just ban him for one game immediately if he did breached the conduct. If I'm not wrong last Euros some Austrian player also made obscene remarks against opposition and he was banned for the next game. 

Edited by Beelzebub
  • Upvote 1