talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Spain 2-1 England - Sunday 14th July, 2024

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, why would you show some respect to the host nation? Unbelievable. 

Imagine the outrage if the Germans would sing Bomben auf Engelland, lol. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, why would you show some respect to the host nation? Unbelievable. 

It's a song about defeating a nation that killed millions of people. I think Germany getting a song sung about them is getting off quite lightly to be honest considering the horrors it inflicted in the First and Second World War.

• Haha 3

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

England vs Argentina in the super Cup at Wembley next year.

Spain vs Colombia honestly looks the most likely though. The best 2 national teams around right now in my opinion.

Genuinely think any combination of final there would produce a decent game. 

Spain vs Argentina perhaps the best? Colombia deserve it to be fair being the form team.

I remember during the 2004 Euro that Greece won our local cable operator had a dispute with Rupert Murdoch's network that used to air the Euro. So at 2:30 in the morning I and a few friends would drive down to another part of town to watch the matches. 20 years later I am the only one who is still crazy about football. The others would have slept off by now.

Strongest lineup possible with Luke Shaw starting.

Hope with aren't scared to attack their defence. The weakest part of their game. Kane needs to stay up the pitch.

Running around for large parts of the game is stressful and demands a lot of attention to close any gaps, especially for the likes of Foden, Bellingham, Saka and Kane, who play for teams that generally take the initiative.

England´s work off the ball has been pretty impressive so far.

There was this female commentator during the group stages. I don't know who it was but she was not very bright. She would try to copy those Arab commentators and their over exuberance. Then they made it just the one commentator and got rid of the lady. The studio would have received too many complaints. Now it's back to 2 guys. Not that I have anything against a female commentator but a tournament of this importance should not be the place to try out an amateur commentator.

Edited by couscous