talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Subscriber

We'll be narrowly beaten I reckon. I think Puel will be a lot more conservative than Shakespeare was. Shakespeare was unlucky in a way last year because our side against Spurs was hugely depleted and with about half an hour left we were actually well in with a shout of getting something - but Kane got their third and it just finished us, we'd clearly fired them up and they ripped us to shreds. I wrote a lot of those players off after that.

This time I think we'll be tough to break down, but they'll eventually do it and that'll be that. Unlucky for him to have those two home games in a row and then even Burnley this weekend is hardly the side you want to face at the minute, but shit happens, we didn't win the league through dreading games.

0-1 courtesy of Kane, continuing his utterly predictable record of scoring for fun past us. I think he's got something like 9 goals in 4 games against us or something daft.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I’m definitely watching that! 

I wouldn’t right yourselves off against Spurs either. You have a good side and are more than capable of taking points against the top sides at home. 

We've got a shocking record against the top sides this calendar year. In-fact the 3-1 win over you is the only time we've taken any points off any of them. Thankfully I think in the long run we'll fix that, Puel didn't have a bad record against the bigger sides did he?

I'm not hugely concerned about us for a while anyway really, Puel's got a decent longer term track record and he's not had a chance to get his own players in yet. While I won't tolerate shite like what happened in this fixture last year I accept you won't see the best of us for a while yet.

• Subscriber

I don't care how bad we are or whether we have a manager. Expect nothing less than a win against West Ham at home managed by Moyes.

As I say it I know I'm a stupid cunt for expecting anything other than a 3-1 loss from this excuse for an Everton side.

I think it'll be 2-1 to Everton. Watford should go into this game with confidence, they've more than enough to trouble Utd. Unfortunately, I can see another loss for Newcastle, West Brom will sneak it. Spurs to drop more points by drawing with leicester.

We have to win tonight at West Brom, having lost at home to Bournemouth and Watford we have to make up for it with an away win, otherwise we are getting dragged into the dogfight. 3 defeats in a row since abandoning the Rafa way and trying 442 instead. Time to go back and accept 442 is too defensively vulnerable for a side like ours.

Personally I would try Merino or Shelvey behind Gayle, but I think Rafa will go back to Ayoze Perez behind Joselu.

Joselu will score 5 goals a season at this rate, time to drop.

• Subscriber

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Mahrez - Iborra - Ndidi - Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Fuchs not available because of his daughter's birth. Gray dropped. Iheanacho not in the XI yet youngster Hamza Choudhury is. Puel not a big fan by looks of it. I've not been impressed myself to be honest.

It's similar to the sort of side Shakespeare would name but I'd like to think the football will be a lot better.

West Brom score in first half stoppage time. Poor game, a bit like us away at Burnley. We started ok but got worse as the half went on. West Brom were getting better but weren't great.

Got to show some character now. If we lose this it will be 5 in a row with Chelsea away next.

:52_fearful:

Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

West Brom score in first half stoppage time. Poor game, a bit like us away at Burnley. We started ok but got worse as the half went on. West Brom were getting better but weren't great.

Got to show some character now. If we lose this it will be 5 in a row with Chelsea away next.

:52_fearful:

Perfect time to play us, we gifted Palace their first win and first goals of the season.

We give we like that, it's the Chelsea way

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived