Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

all kick-offs 15.00 unless stated

Saturday 9th December, 2017
Burnley vs Watford
Crystal Palace vs Bournemouth
Huddersfield vs Brighton
Newcastle vs Leicester, 17.30
Swansea vs West Brom
Tottenham vs Stoke
West Ham vs Chelsea, 12.30

Sunday 10th December, 2017
Liverpool vs Everton, 14.15
Man Utd vs Man City, 16.30
Southampton vs Arsenal, 12.00

Reckon it will be an interesting Merseyside derby. Fat Sam will try to go ultra defensive and rough. The good thing is that if the Fab four play,  then there will be too many players to handle/man mark.

toss up between 2 games for game of the weekend

Tough to choose between Swansea vs West Brom or Huddersfield vs Brighton

Third away game on the spin against a side horrendously out of form and we didn't win either of the previous two. Thought we played quite well Stoke but were shite at West Ham.

Was really impressed with some of our football last week though and I think we'll scrape a win. 1-2 with a Mahrez winner.

Any O'Bottler to not show up is an enhanced 2/5.

Allardyce is going to have them set up to kick anything in red that moves. Hopefully get an early goal and they'll crumble and have one or two sent off in the process

Just now, LFCMike said:

Allardyce is going to have them set up to kick anything in red that moves. Hopefully get an early goal and they'll crumble and have one or two sent off in the process

you've got more than enough quality in your side to not need Everton players sent off. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

you've got more than enough quality in your side to not need Everton players sent off. 

Not saying that we need them to get players sent off to win. Saying that they will get a player or two sent off when they're getting torn to shreds. Happened so many times down the years. Yard dogs like Ashley Williams just won't be able to help themselves

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This 'fab four' shite is revolting, hope Everton win.

Not as bad as the SAS or SSS or whatever it was. Yet...

Williams and Martina will see to them xD.

I know Everton's backline is awful but I have a bad feeling about this derby for the first time in a while, We will probably smash them now but I don't feel as confident about beating these as I should. 

I just hope that prick Rooney doesn't score a memorable goal that helps them win, imagine.

I'll be surprised if we see the same 4-0 sort of dismantling that we saw under Martinez and Koeman at Anfield but I still expect to lose about 2-0.

It's our 125th anniversary so there's going to be some celebrations, everyone will get a cheap sports direct flag I hear.

When you stop and think about what has gone before, the generations of support passing the club on to you today you can't help but feel overawed. 

In the spirit of TFF I'll just leave this footage from 1927 here xD

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I know Everton's backline is awful but I have a bad feeling about this derby for the first time in a while, We will probably smash them now but I don't feel as confident about beating these as I should. 

I just hope that prick Rooney doesn't score a memorable goal that helps them win, imagine.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Is it purely because of Allardyce? The man who has one league win at Anfield in his entire career? 

11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This 'fab four' shite is revolting, hope Everton win.

If there attack is known as the fab four there defence is going to start being called the crap four.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If there attack is known as the fab four there defence is going to start being called the crap four.

that's Mark Lawrenson levels of banter mate. come on, man. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's Mark Lawrenson levels of banter mate. come on, man. 

As if he'd slag off Liverpool.

I did feel a little like Jason Cundy saying that which didn't make me feel comfortable.

The ‘fab four’ is a little cringe I must admit. 

Even if they are the best attacking foursome in world football :coffee:

23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Best defensive home record in the country :P

Alonso in for Zappacosta. Other than that our same starting XI

That's a very good goal from West Ham. Arnautovic passes it in to the goal and gives Courtois no chance. Great start for the Hammers. 

Our wingbacks really letting us down. Surprise surprise. 

If you can deal with the constant back-post crosses from deep, you’ve got Chelsea figured out basically.

Can't say West Ham don't deserve that lead. They've been the better team. 

Wingbacks poor. Cahill showing his massive distribution flaws. No intensity within the team. 

Absolutely typical. Only we can make a bottom team look like world beaters. 

Take off Bakayoko for Pedro or Batshuayi. Absolutely no point in having a 3 man midfield now. 

Example today of what pressing high against us at least for periods in the game can cause us a lot problems. West Ham have been very good but the problem with Moyes and them is that they’re likely to retreat more and more as the game goes on. First half they were already too deep at points, haven’t seen a team play that deep at home in a while. West Ham have been good but at the same time we haven’t started playing, very poor from us first half. It’s a game for Pedro this, need his link up play and shooting threat in and around the box.

Who is the blonde presenter for sky, she's fucking mint.