talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

My hero. 

I was dating a bird for 8 weeks or so. I would rather sleep with her again than Tay Tay. 24, gorgeous netballer. She had tear drop shaped boobs, which was ironic, because they brought tears to my eye. Anyway, she wouldn't shut the fuck up about her, only listened to her, and her entire idea of comedy was Taylor Swift puns. 

Was a short but sweet affair. :(

This posts tells me you didn't actually root her and your balls are full and blue.

15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

4th date til end of the fling I had the pleasure of her overnight company many times my boy. 

You’re a fucking Seinfeld character if the problem is ‘likes Taylor Swift too much’.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

You’re a fucking Seinfeld character if the problem is ‘likes Taylor Swift too much’.

The problem was we had 0 connection. And eventually she distanced and we went our separate ways. She was a teacher, lovely and attractive but.....

absolutely incompatible sense of humor, watched heartland and the big bang theory almost exclusively, listened to tay tay almost exclusively, was obsessed with bereal and tik tok ect. 
Not for me. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The problem was we had 0 connection. And eventually she distanced and we went our separate ways. She was a teacher, lovely and attractive but.....

absolutely incompatible sense of humor, watched heartland and the big bang theory almost exclusively, listened to tay tay almost exclusively, was obsessed with bereal and tik tok ect. 
Not for me. 

But I bet is she did anal it’s another story.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I did stay with my bi polar ex for longer than I should have because she was a freak yes. 
I have adjusted my priorities since.  

Fucking Nice mate. But it’s pretty gay of you to let her peg you.

We really have to have a beer sometime 

• Haha 1

Absolute irrelevant post to the above but if you're ever in Sydney there is a takeaway called Mr Crackles on Oxford St and it is the best fucking thing in the world. Pure pork belly in a bun and I miss it, even if it does make me shit myself.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Didn't know where else to post this, but here it goes: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/02/17/roald-dahl-books-rewritten-offensive-matilda-witches-twits/

Some of those changes are absurd and make absolutely no sense xD But I think a bigger issue is, they are basically altering the dead author's work, quite significantly in some instances, and then put his name down on something that he didn't actually write... 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently they were given permission to make the changes by Roald Dahl Foundation.

They are not the author, though (obviously) - so even if they are allowed to give permission in the legal sense, it's essentially an absurd book censorship. We're not talking about changing some words or descriptions that are universally unacceptable these days (something that Roald Dahl did himself years ago when he changed the description of the Oompa-Loompas to not be racist), we're talking about completely changing or removing entire sentences. Like, look at these for example:

FpPEpmoWYAEUp9k?format=jpg&name=small

I don't quite understand what is offensive in the 2001 edition of these examples, but for me, the biggest issue is that in essence, you are not really reading Roald Dahl anymore. If they keep up editing it like this, after 20 years it will be a completely different book and story xD 

• Upvote 4

On 18/02/2023 at 15:53, nudge said:

Didn't know where else to post this, but here it goes: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/02/17/roald-dahl-books-rewritten-offensive-matilda-witches-twits/

Some of those changes are absurd and make absolutely no sense xD But I think a bigger issue is, they are basically altering the dead author's work, quite significantly in some instances, and then put his name down on something that he didn't actually write... 

I avoid this kind of news but I heard about this and it absolutely boiled my piss. The "authors" and his estate should hang their heads in shame. 

Censorship shagging bellends.

• Upvote 1

On 18/02/2023 at 15:53, nudge said:

I can imagine if they carry on like this with books in general the original unaltered copies are going to be worth a fortune in the future... not that I can imagine what kind of a future we will have if this is allowed to carry on.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I can imagine if they carry on like this with books in general the original unaltered copies are going to be worth a fortune in the future... not that I can imagine what kind of a future we will have if this is allowed to carry on.. 

The problem with it is, who will even know what was the original unaltered copy after 50 years or so? xD 

Not surprised given how fragile people are becoming. 

I remember a couple years back I was trying to buy a collection of books entitled Junie B. Jones. It's a collection of stories about a 6 year old trouble making girl. It's made for 7 year olds to read. My wife grew up reading those books and wanted to get it for our daughter. 

Remembered buying it from Amazon and the reviews on it were made by middle aged Karens' that were upset the story had the words Fat, Stupid, and Shut Up. 

• Upvote 1