talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Wonder Years defined my childhood. Winnie Cooper, Madeline, than that girl from the lake. While my sad teenage ass sat locked in at home, hiding from bullies, daydreaming I was Kevin. xD GOOD TIMES.

I might give this new one a go as well. Fred Savage is actually a producer.  

The Wonder Years, Boy Meets World, and Saved by the Bell are the series I remember best from my childhood, I think xD 

Yeah, give it a go. I watched all 3 episodes available today, really like it. Don Cheadle is the narrator, love it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

The Wonder Years, Boy Meets World, and Saved by the Bell are the series I remember best from my childhood, I think xD 

Yeah, give it a go. I watched all 3 episodes available today, really like it. Don Cheadle is the narrator, love it.

Boy Meets World was awesome too. And the main actor is actually the brother of the actor who played Kevin in the Wonder Years. 

Did you know that the narrator from the orginal Wonder Years was Marv from Home Alone? Found that out YEARS later. xD

Don Cheadle seems like a very good choice though. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Boy Meets World was awesome too. And the main actor is actually the brother of the actor who played Kevin in the Wonder Years. 

Did you know that the narrator from the orginal Wonder Years was Marv from Home Alone? Found that out YEARS later. xD

Don Cheadle seems like a very good choice though. 

I had no idea xD 

• Haha 1

Slightly off-topic but recently saw the Only Fools and Horses Musical. 

Never been to a musical before, but like many I am a big fan of OFAH.  

I thought the way they amalgamated different plots and the story arc into one 2 hour show was quite well done. 

If I had one minor criticism I would've liked more of the songs to be slightly more on the upbeat side. 

Been hearing that the series ' To The Lake' on Netflix is good. Also has Krill in it which is one of my favorite Russian (although I think he is actually from Estonia) actors. I think it came out in 2019 so needless to say, this is a bit eerie about a pandemic. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Watching an old episode of Bruce Forsyth's Play Your Cards Right and one of the questions was How many women said that laying eggs instead of babies would be a lot easier and around 60% said yes. xD

Funny because that reminded me of @Devil and his Duck thread, watching that hatch, imagine an egg in an incubator whatever then your wife runs in saying "DARLING...THE EGG IS READY TO HATCH..." and the two of them waiting eagerly, is it a boy or a girl? O.o

• Upvote 1

I just finished watching The Chestnut Man on Netflix.

Basically Danish police in a Cat and Mouse chase, hunting a serial killer who leaves a little man made of chestnuts as his calling card but obviously, much more to it than that but it's the jist.

Only 6 episodes but really enjoyed it. Cleverly done and all came together nicely with no loose ends.

I do like that moody Nordic noir vibe, especially this time of year. Proper good wintery, afternoon TV.

Would recommend particularly if you like that style.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I just finished watching The Chestnut Man on Netflix.

Basically Danish police in a Cat and Mouse chase, hunting a serial killer who leaves a little man made of chestnuts as his calling card but obviously, much more to it than that but it's the jist.

Only 6 episodes but really enjoyed it. Cleverly done and all came together nicely with no loose ends.

I do like that moody Nordic noir vibe, especially this time of year. Proper good wintery, afternoon TV.

Would recommend particularly if you like that style.

Sounds like something my dad would like, he's really into the Nordic noir/crime movies and series. Will recommend it to him, cheers.

Just watched the first episode of the new doctor who series. Brilliant. I personally feel that the first series with whitaker wasnt great but the second was much better.  This series only has 6 episodes and the first was one of the best ever episodes I have seen. 10/10 

• Subscriber

Just wrapped up season 2 of Mr Robot, 2 more seasons to go. I love it. Rami Malek is immense and carries alot of the show but I just love the unpredictability and how all over the place he is and we are as the viewer. 

The Jail section is fantastic once the fog is lifted and you see what all hes created in his head, Craig Robertson is great as per usual as well. I love the cliff hanger ending with Tyrell appearing and shooting Elliot but we dont really know if its actually real or not or if Tyrell is even alive. Im just soaking it all up man.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Ploughendplonker said:

What have people thought of the new Question of Sport (apologies if this has been raised in another thread)?

Not a fan.

Changed the format too much. I watched a couple of episodes and it just doesn't feel right. 

• Subscriber

Been watching Deadwood, Im almost done season 1. Its a little slow going but the characters are turning out real good about now. Ian McShane is awesome as one of the leads. Absolutely my favourite scene so far I was laughing my ass off (warning for language and a tad racist but it fits the show)

• Like 1