Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Aymeric Laporte


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

football forum

On my phone so can't post the link but according to Sky Sports Manchester City are in talks to sign Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao. 

This one would upset me.

Do what Inaki did, sign a new deal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

On my phone so can't post the link but according to Sky Sports Manchester City are in talks to sign Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao. 

This one would upset me, he shouldn't leave a club like Bilbao for a soulless project in Manchester City. 

Do what Inaki did, sign a new deal!

I wouldn't call Manchester City a "soulless project" and think he could thrive under Guardiola, but I agree otherwise that it would upset me. I'm a big fan of his and right now Otamendi and Stones are playing fantastic defensive football. It would be hard for him to replace one of them unless he was a name like Sergio Ramos, which he isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Aymeric Laporte to Manchester City For £57m
On 23/01/2018 at 17:56, Blue said:

I wouldn't call Manchester City a "soulless project" and think he could thrive under Guardiola, but I agree otherwise that it would upset me. I'm a big fan of his and right now Otamendi and Stones are playing fantastic defensive football. It would be hard for him to replace one of them unless he was a name like Sergio Ramos, which he isn't.

They are the epitome of soulless, a club bought to be a plaything, none of their success merited and built on the funding of a state. Just like PSG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte is set to travel to England on Monday to complete his club record move to Manchester City.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42856553

How do you feel about this signing mate?

I don’t know if you followed all the comments made by the habitual Spanish forum posters back in the day at tff while Aymeric was evolving.  He may be French, but he like Antoine Griezmann were brought up in Spain and have all their football understanding in that football and it’s why Guardiola really wants him as it’s a lot easier to transmit what he wants to these guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How do you feel about this signing mate?

I don’t know if you followed all the comments made by the habitual Spanish forum posters back in the day at tff while Aymeric was evolving.  He may be French, but he like Antoine Griezmann were brought up in Spain and have all their football understanding in that football and it’s why Guardiola really wants him as it’s a lot easier to transmit what he wants to these guys.

I haven't seen much of him tbh, is he like a John Stones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I haven't seen much of him tbh, is he like a John Stones?

Sort of... All the way back to when he was in the Athletic Bilbao youth setups people were already talking about him being a great ball playIng centre-back and that the only thing to look out for in his evolution was how he would cope with the lack of natural physical attributes.  When you have a defender that isn’t naturally physical, he then has to be very smart in his positioning and reading of the game which is what Laporte has.  He is nearly always one step ahead of his adversary and reads the game very well.  He then has excellent ball control for a defender which is something that’s imperative in La Liga or you get done like a kipper by most sides in the league.  The only thing that is questioned about him is the fact he isn’t vocal which means that his leadership skills aren’t there... To get the best out of him there has to be a leader at the back line and in my opinion Stones at least as of now, isn’t a leader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Sort of... All the way back to when he was in the Athletic Bilbao youth setups people were already talking about him being a great ball playIng centre-back and that the only thing to look out for in his evolution was how he would cope with the lack of natural physical attributes.  When you have a defender that isn’t naturally physical, he then has to be very smart in his positioning and reading of the game which is what Laporte has.  He is nearly always one step ahead of his adversary and reads the game very well.  He then has excellent ball control for a defender which is something that’s imperative in La Liga or you get done like a kipper by most sides in the league.  The only thing that is questioned about him is the fact he isn’t vocal which means that his leadership skills aren’t there... To get the best out of him there has to be a leader at the back line and in my opinion Stones at least as of now, isn’t a leader.

Sounds promising  ...Otamendi will be the 1st CB on the team sheet with one of Stones or Laporte, don't know where this leaves Kompany with his injury record, the lad's hardly played for years  ..Pep does not rate Mangala so he will be out the door in the summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I speak of a unique club, I speak of Athletic, because with a philosophy or better, or worse, simply different, I felt protagonist of a story of Asterix and Obelix, an experience that has allowed me, among other things, to play Europa League , Champions and win a title against one of the great Europeans and, above all, surround myself with excellent colleagues, technicians and a lot of excellent professionals off the field.

'I only know that I will never forget, I insist, where I have become the best player and person, in the order that you prefer. That's why I would like to tell you that it is not a goodbye, but a goodbye and that I will take Athletic to my heart forever. Eskerrik asko, bihotzez.'

Aymeric Laporte

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Aymeric Laporte Completes Man City Move

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...