talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His brother's a twat for coming out and saying that though. And if he does things like refuse to turn up for training or feign injury, then he's an absolute twat.

Could it have been instigated by us to say what he said to force the hand of Palace?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Could it have been instigated by us to say what he said to force the hand of Palace?

I imagine that may have something to do with it. It's all getting a bit nasty and I can only imagine it getting worse. 

It's all a bit unnessecary really, theres several players who represent far better value for money available where you wouldnt need to bully the club for. Especially a club not in a position to sell. On top of that, I dont think the flanks are really the position you need to be strengthening.

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe. I don't really know if Arsenal operate like that though, so it's not like some other clubs that have a history of doing such things where you'd hear the agent say something like that and think "looks like Barca are trying this again..." - could just be his agent/brother realising that even though he got Zaha a great deal... he's sort of fucked Zaha from making a move to a top club unless Palace gets a king's ransom, and trying to weasel his way out of the contract he got his client/brother.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Arsenal are a shambles. They can't seriously be entertaining the idea of selling Aubameyang just to free up funds for Zaha can they?

Beyond belief if they are.

That would be a braindead move.

Crystal Palace won't accept this bid and we should then move on. He'd be a good addition but he's not worth us spending £50m for let alone the £75m+ that it'd probably take to get him.

Zaha to me is like Maguire in that he's probably good enough to play for a bigger club, but the insane price premium on him makes the idea of any bigger club going for him absolutely nonsensical. 

I'm sure there are a dozen better, younger wingers out there available for £20-£30 million. Arsenal in particular should be looking to build a younger squad with up-and-coming players, than wasting their limited resources on over-hyped players in their prime.

I said my piece further up... It would be criminal, total and utter madness if we were to sign Zaha for the simple reason that he doesn't fix any of our biggest problems, he isn't a top player, he's very overrated and he smells 100% like the signings we've been making for over 6 to 7 years... Expensive to sign, expensive to maintain and swimming in mediocrity.

Some could take this the wrong way but in my opinion it's extremely important that we don't sign absolutely anything at all from the Premier League... It's over inflated and very difficult to judge. It could drive the final nail in our coffin and have us half-burried for years if that hasn't already occurred.

• Subscriber

393449993_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.ee55736bf99fa9717007e1d50b29ec4b.png

Wilfried Zaha: Crystal Palace 'incensed' by Arsenal approach for winger

Crystal Palace have been left incensed by Arsenal's approach to sign Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha.

The Gunners have offered £40m, which will not even be considered.

Palace value Zaha at around £80m and are furious with Arsenal for what they believe to be a ham-fisted attempt to destabilise the Ivorian and secure a cut-price deal.

They would expect a drastically higher fee than the £50m Manchester United paid them for Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Wan-Bissaka is a 21-year-old right-back with limited experience and no international caps; Zaha is a 26-year-old winger with vast experience and a full international.

Zaha signed a new five-year contract last summer, which recognised his importance to the team and club by making him by far the highest-paid player in Palace history.

Given the player had been keen to leave at that point, the agreement was reached on the basis that the Eagles had not received any credible offers and the understanding that if the situation changed in the future they would let him leave.

Palace's stance on that has not altered - they will reluctantly sanction Zaha's departure if the price is right, but they do not view Arsenal's bid as credible.

A key issue for Palace is the sell-on clause inserted into Zaha's contract when he returned to south London from Manchester United for around £6m in 2015, which entitles the Red Devils to 25% of any profit if Zaha exits Selhurst Park.

Although Zaha's brother has publicly pleaded with Palace to reach an agreement with Arsenal, in order for the winger to "realise his dream of playing European football for the club he has supported since childhood" - the Eagles are unmoved.

Palace believes Arsenal's method, in this case, is outdated and naive.

They have no intention of lowering their valuation and are confident that Zaha's relationship with the club is long-standing and strong enough to ensure he resumes his duties without a problem if a move does not come to fruition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48839638

I don’t know if it’s already common knowledge, but Palace won’t listen to any offers under £80m which I get and agree with on their side of things but on a reality check side of things, where are we?

How?

Why?

Where’s the reasoning behind this aside from the point being he’s not for sale and Crystal Palace value him which means that a replacement would be as expensive and more importantly, they haven’t worked towards it and that makes things very very difficult.

I have no idea where these prices come from and the supposed £51m bid from Arsenal I already feel is total madness. 

Arsenal really are mad aren't they. 

Why are they wasting their time with Zaha, and a laughable 80 million bid, when the likes of Pablo Sarabia, who dwarfs Zaha's end product, went to PSG for 18 million? Did they not even consider him?

Honestly. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Arsenal really are mad aren't they. 

Why are they wasting their time with Zaha, and a laughable 80 million bid, when the likes of Pablo Sarabia, who dwarfs Zaha's end product, went to PSG for 18 million? Did they not even consider him?

Honestly. 

An attacking midfielder who can play on the wing is that last thing we need. Zaha is the exact type of player we are lacking, it is understandable why the club are interested. 

9 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

An attacking midfielder who can play on the wing is that last thing we need. Zaha is the exact type of player we are lacking, it is understandable why the club are interested. 

Malcom is cheaper and more explosive. 

15 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

80 million for a player who averages 10 goals a season? 

Just now, Cicero said:

80 million for a player who averages 10 goals a season? 

We won't be paying £80m for him, our opening bid was around £40m. I can't see us signing him because Palace would want too much. We are obviously just testing Palace's resolve and it looks pretty obvious they won't let him go for anything viable to us. 

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Malcom is cheaper and more explosive. 

I'd take anyone with explosiveness and pace on the wing, I'm sure he is an option. We were looking at him before he went to Barca, I worry with how badly his move to Barcelona has been though. 

20 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

We won't be paying £80m for him, our opening bid was around £40m. I can't see us signing him because Palace would want too much. We are obviously just testing Palace's resolve and it looks pretty obvious they won't let him go for anything viable to us. 

I'd take anyone with explosiveness and pace on the wing, I'm sure he is an option. We were looking at him before he went to Barca, I worry with how badly his move to Barcelona has been though. 

His time at Barça hasn’t done him any harm at all mate. In fact the reason I related his situation to that of Lucas Pérez at Arsenal (loosely mind you) is because Lucas had performed pretty well for us and yet was offered no confidence from the manager of the time. The same has happened to Malcom at Barcelona but with the difference being that Malcom has extremely important attributes we need.

• Subscriber

10 goals 5 assists last season is his best season. He offers a lot more in getting the team up the pitch and generally scaring the opposition with his threat on the counter attack but Arsenal don't need more of that and Palace can't replace that which is part of the reason he's worth so much to them. He isn't worth this silly money to Arsenal though. It's the last part of the team they need to improve.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

393449993_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.ee55736bf99fa9717007e1d50b29ec4b.png

Wilfried Zaha: Crystal Palace 'incensed' by Arsenal approach for winger

Crystal Palace have been left incensed by Arsenal's approach to sign Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha.

The Gunners have offered £40m, which will not even be considered.

Palace value Zaha at around £80m and are furious with Arsenal for what they believe to be a ham-fisted attempt to destabilise the Ivorian and secure a cut-price deal.

They would expect a drastically higher fee than the £50m Manchester United paid them for Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Wan-Bissaka is a 21-year-old right-back with limited experience and no international caps; Zaha is a 26-year-old winger with vast experience and a full international.

Zaha signed a new five-year contract last summer, which recognised his importance to the team and club by making him by far the highest-paid player in Palace history.

Given the player had been keen to leave at that point, the agreement was reached on the basis that the Eagles had not received any credible offers and the understanding that if the situation changed in the future they would let him leave.

Palace's stance on that has not altered - they will reluctantly sanction Zaha's departure if the price is right, but they do not view Arsenal's bid as credible.

A key issue for Palace is the sell-on clause inserted into Zaha's contract when he returned to south London from Manchester United for around £6m in 2015, which entitles the Red Devils to 25% of any profit if Zaha exits Selhurst Park.

Although Zaha's brother has publicly pleaded with Palace to reach an agreement with Arsenal, in order for the winger to "realise his dream of playing European football for the club he has supported since childhood" - the Eagles are unmoved.

Palace believes Arsenal's method, in this case, is outdated and naive.

They have no intention of lowering their valuation and are confident that Zaha's relationship with the club is long-standing and strong enough to ensure he resumes his duties without a problem if a move does not come to fruition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48839638

9_9

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

According to this journo, Palace are pissed off with Arsenal lol https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48839638

:whistling:  xD

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I only hope Crystal Palace get even more incensed and angry with the final outcome of Arsenal running away from this whole madness.  

Why would they be angry with keeping Zaha? They clearly want to keep him, that's why they gave him a long contract and a lot of money. He's worth more to them than he is to you, and so much of what Crystal Palace offer going forward comes from Zaha.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why would they be angry with keeping Zaha? They clearly want to keep him, that's why they gave him a long contract and a lot of money. He's worth more to them than he is to you, and so much of what Crystal Palace offer going forward comes from Zaha.

Angry at Arsenal’s meddling mate. 

• Administrator
20 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t know if it’s already common knowledge, but Palace won’t listen to any offers under £80m which I get and agree with on their side of things but on a reality check side of things, where are we?

How?

Why?

Where’s the reasoning behind this aside from the point being he’s not for sale and Crystal Palace value him which means that a replacement would be as expensive and more importantly, they haven’t worked towards it and that makes things very very difficult.

I have no idea where these prices come from and the supposed £51m bid from Arsenal I already feel is total madness. 

The reasoning of valuing him at 80m is to put clubs off buying him so that they're either made to look like absolute mugs paying it or they back off and find other targets which means Palace keep their man. 

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived