talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Very Early) Premier League 18/19 Predictions

• Administrator

Standings only. Comment about everything else - https://talkfootball365.com/topic/4529-premier-league-201819-build-up-chat/?tab=comments#comment-167017

None of this 'it's too early to predict' or 'we'll wait to see what transfers are made before saying anything'. No. This is what it is - very early predictions. Then next season we can see how embarrassingly wrong we were. 

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham 
4. Man Utd 
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. West Ham
10. Bournemouth
11. Crystal Palace
12. Burnley
13. Newcastle
14. Wolves
15. Brighton
16. Fulham
17. Watford
18. Southampton
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Spurs

4. Liverpool

5. Man Utd

6. Arsenal

7. Crystal Palace

8. Everton

9. Burnley

10. Leicester

11. West Ham

12. Newcastle 

13. Wolves

14. Fulham

15. Bournemouth

16. Watford

17. Huddersfield

18. Southampton

19. Cardiff

20. Brighton

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Might aswell predict the 2022 World Cup results too while we're at it.

why can't you just answer anything in a thread xD 

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Leicester
7. Everton
8. Burnley
9. West Ham
10. Bournemouth
11. Crystal Palace
12. Newcastle
13. ManU
14. Wolves
15. Brighton
16. Fulham
17. Watford
18. Cardiff
19. Huddersfield
20. Southampton

• 5 weeks later...

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal
7. West Ham
8. Everton
9.Leicester
10. Wolves
11. Newcastle
12. Bournmouth
13. Palace
14. Cardiff
15. Fulham
16. Southampton
17. Brighton
18. Burnley
19. Huddersfield
20. Watford

Bit of context behind my thinking, i think we (Cardiff) have a playing style thats very "in" at the moment, and seeing relative success at the world cup, we have pace so think we have a decent shot at it.

Also - the extra that nobody asked for promoted from the championship.

1. Leeds
2. Boro
P/O - Stoke

On 02/06/2018 at 10:52, Happy Blue said:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Leicester
7. Everton
8. Burnley
9. West Ham
10. Bournemouth
11. Crystal Palace
12. Newcastle
13. ManU
14. Wolves
15. Brighton
16. Fulham
17. Watford
18. Cardiff
19. Huddersfield
20. Southampton

Can we have a real prediction now :D

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

One of Liverpool or Spurs will win a trophy this season 

What the champions cup in  Asia?

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

The transfer window closes in just over 1 month. Shitting it!

There is a chance we might know who is going to be managing us by then... a slim one I admit, but a chance is a chance

• Subscriber

I do think this changing of the transfer window closing date is quite significant and it could potentially be shooting our own clubs in the foot. I'm in favour of doing it as a general rule, but the fact it isn't in line with the whole of Europe is going to shoot us in the foot, and dig this one out in September - I guarantee Barcelona or Real Madrid will be in for one of the big players in this league, such as Hazard or Salah. It's perfect for them. They're weakening potential Champions League contenders and there's nothing they can do about it other than say no, but we all know it isn't that easy. What better way to stifle someone like Liverpool than to try and nick one of their best players without them able to get a replacement in until the highly inflated January market?

For me the authorities need to make this something done over the whole continent, maybe move the deadline even earlier, to the end of July as not all leagues kick off at the same time.

I also think it was probably a bit of an error to pick this year of all to introduce this due to the World Cup. It's going to be one of the shortest pre-seasons ever for a lot of these clubs. It'll be interesting to see how they adjust. Chelsea for example have both Brazil and Belgium players so at least one of those is going to be making the third placed play-off or final, meaning they're still around two weeks away from returning. I single out Chelsea because I think they're a potential car crash this season. Manager situation sketchy, no significant dealings in or out, the Abramovich business clearly not helping them - add in everything I've just said and I reckon they're going to start slowly this year.

I actually think we could be a beneficiary. We've done in my eyes 60% of our business, with Mahrez' imminent departure freeing us up to complete the rest. We had a lot of players at the World Cup but all bar two (Vardy & Maguire) are back now. I'm quietly quite hopeful about us this year. Made three signings that strengthen the first team, probably the three positions I'd have gone for first. I think a bit of stability is what we needed. Would be lying if I said I was convinced by Puel but I'm prepared to give him a chance, I like the fact he seems to be addressing our issues quickly this summer.

• Subscriber

Premier League clubs just need to make it very clear we aren't doing business after our window closes. If a player or a foreign club want a deal done then it happens on our deadline day or not at all. Not easy but it's the only answer.

I still feel the announcement of Sarri will create a domino effect for us. 

Wouldn't be surprised however if everything went tits up and members of the board still keep their jobs given the lack of competence they have had in their work the past few years. 

12 hours ago, Dan said:

I do think this changing of the transfer window closing date is quite significant and it could potentially be shooting our own clubs in the foot. I'm in favour of doing it as a general rule, but the fact it isn't in line with the whole of Europe is going to shoot us in the foot, and dig this one out in September - I guarantee Barcelona or Real Madrid will be in for one of the big players in this league, such as Hazard or Salah. It's perfect for them. They're weakening potential Champions League contenders and there's nothing they can do about it other than say no, but we all know it isn't that easy. What better way to stifle someone like Liverpool than to try and nick one of their best players without them able to get a replacement in until the highly inflated January market?

For me the authorities need to make this something done over the whole continent, maybe move the deadline even earlier, to the end of July as not all leagues kick off at the same time.

I also think it was probably a bit of an error to pick this year of all to introduce this due to the World Cup. It's going to be one of the shortest pre-seasons ever for a lot of these clubs. It'll be interesting to see how they adjust. Chelsea for example have both Brazil and Belgium players so at least one of those is going to be making the third placed play-off or final, meaning they're still around two weeks away from returning. I single out Chelsea because I think they're a potential car crash this season. Manager situation sketchy, no significant dealings in or out, the Abramovich business clearly not helping them - add in everything I've just said and I reckon they're going to start slowly this year.

I actually think we could be a beneficiary. We've done in my eyes 60% of our business, with Mahrez' imminent departure freeing us up to complete the rest. We had a lot of players at the World Cup but all bar two (Vardy & Maguire) are back now. I'm quietly quite hopeful about us this year. Made three signings that strengthen the first team, probably the three positions I'd have gone for first. I think a bit of stability is what we needed. Would be lying if I said I was convinced by Puel but I'm prepared to give him a chance, I like the fact he seems to be addressing our issues quickly this summer.

Seeing stories about Premier clubs regretting making the decision to close the window early.  Is there a chance there could be an emergency meeting to hold another vote?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Premier League clubs just need to make it very clear we aren't doing business after our window closes. If a player or a foreign club want a deal done then it happens on our deadline day or not at all. Not easy but it's the only answer.

I agree and you'd like to hope the player in question understands, but then I saw how Mahrez reacted to us not selling him in a relatively similar situation.

If Real Madrid come in for Hazard late in August it's going to be bad for Chelsea regardless.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Wait, I thought sarri was a done deal... "if Conte stays" 

P.S. @carefreeluke you are the only reliable source when it comes to Chelsea. :ay:

All reports saying we've agreed personal terms and fee for Sarri and Napoli. 

We still have to compensate Conte out of his contract so I'm fairly certain all will be revealed next week when the players arrive for pre-season 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived