talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG (3) 1-3a (3) Man Utd (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 6th March, 2019

Again, I'll be the lone wolf here, but I will never understand the extreme hatred for PSG. I get they don't have the history like some other clubs, but before them, Paris clubs were mostly crap and outside of ASSE, Bordeaux, and Marseille, their weren't a ton of historically relevant clubs in France. 

Also, like it or not, they have done the same thing the Chelsea's and Manchester City's have done, just did it in a far shorter time span. It's all oil money to a club that historically isn't one of the giants in the domestic league, so that they become a giant both domestically AND in International Competitions. 

Is this all stemming from the Fair Play rules? I don't know, honestly, how City and Chelsea haven't been in trouble in the pass is beyond me. Is it Neymar? Okay, I get that as he has all the talent in the world but can't stay on his feet and complains too much. 

I've heard a couple things that are anti-Mbappe...which shocks me. I don't know how you can wait a kid who is absolutely one of the most exciting players in the world and seems to be a fantastic kid at that. 

Gianluigi is a legend and I will hate not being to see him lift a CL trophy (assuming this is it for him). 

A lot of you just sound like terribly bitter and miserable twats with the constant complaining about PSG and them being a 'disgrace' to football. They aren't a disgrace, they are what this sport has become, and they weren't the first to have this business model, and they won't be the last, so either accept it, or move on because it's sad how triggered they make you because a few rich oil Tycoons decided to buy them instead of your team. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

In a way I am glad I was proven wrong (purely for the entertainment the game provided) and on the other you have to question what its going to take for PSG to actually learn to progress without conceding silly goals when they get to the knockout stages of this competition. It wasn't the second or third goal that did them in it was the first one where a backpass completely left the CB helpless while Lukaku went around Buffon. You give a team hope like that and pile pressure on yourself to close the deficit and things start to go wrong.

Then there was the VAR decision which I don't totally get but its the referee's decision at the end of the day and it is always going to be an 'improving' system as long as you don't have any clear guidelines on how to decide if contact deems itself a handball and there is no grey area for the referees to debate in their mind to make quick decisions. That will come too over time as there are going to be more contentious decisions like the one we saw yesterday leading FIFA to make the decision making process easier.

The discussion about the handball and having a referee explain it too is interesting. They are going to rework the rules but then it makes you wonder what thy are to make it into.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

Again, I'll be the lone wolf here, but I will never understand the extreme hatred for PSG. I get they don't have the history like some other clubs, but before them, Paris clubs were mostly crap and outside of ASSE, Bordeaux, and Marseille, their weren't a ton of historically relevant clubs in France. 

Also, like it or not, they have done the same thing the Chelsea's and Manchester City's have done, just did it in a far shorter time span. It's all oil money to a club that historically isn't one of the giants in the domestic league, so that they become a giant both domestically AND in International Competitions. 

Is this all stemming from the Fair Play rules? I don't know, honestly, how City and Chelsea haven't been in trouble in the pass is beyond me. Is it Neymar? Okay, I get that as he has all the talent in the world but can't stay on his feet and complains too much. 

I've heard a couple things that are anti-Mbappe...which shocks me. I don't know how you can wait a kid who is absolutely one of the most exciting players in the world and seems to be a fantastic kid at that. 

Gianluigi is a legend and I will hate not being to see him lift a CL trophy (assuming this is it for him). 

A lot of you just sound like terribly bitter and miserable twats with the constant complaining about PSG and them being a 'disgrace' to football. They aren't a disgrace, they are what this sport has become, and they weren't the first to have this business model, and they won't be the last, so either accept it, or move on because it's sad how triggered they make you because a few rich oil Tycoons decided to buy them instead of your team. 

I'd just say it's the tribal nature of the sport.

I dislike PSG and it is good they are out, but that penalty decision was terrible. I mean VAR is there to help and that didn't help. How was Kimpembe supposed to see where the ball is going when he got his back turned? I would agree with the penalty if he was facing forward and could react or move the hand closer to his body. One of the shittiest penalties i've seen in awhile, hope VAR will improve. Credit to United for giving a good fight with missing several starters, Ole overall did a good job no way that all this wins can be flukes.

• Subscriber

I could not give a shite if that was not a penalty or was a penalty, United beat the odds and won, end of story, l think I must have aged 10 years last night when Rashford scored the winner and I was waiting for the final whistle, I am back on planet earth now drinking black coffee to get rid of my hangover. 

17 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I could not give a shite if that was not a penalty or was a penalty, United beat the odds and won, end of story, l think I must have aged 10 years last night when Rashford scored the winner and I was waiting for the final whistle, I am back on planet earth now drinking black coffee to get rid of my hangover. 

You don't but he does

160wgic.jpg

7 hours ago, Eco said:

You purport to be a Lyon fan and don't get the issue with PSG? We have lost the battle and are deluding ourselves if we think it's ever coming back, it's a game for the ecos of the world now.

Quite happy to see PSG go out, even if it was at the expense of the media fawning and crowing over what was an extremely fortuitous victory for Manchester United. There are barely any good sides left now, really opens up for Manchester City to do the quadruple or one of the lesser teams to win it.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

There's just so much wrong with that decision I don't know where to start. There was about 0.3 seconds between the shot and the ball hitting Kimpembe. How the fuck can that be a deliberate handball, he wasn't even looking? 

I have no love for either of these. If I had to choose I'd say I'd prefer to see United progress, but from a purely competitive point of view it's absolutely disgusting to see a tie of this magnitude decided under such farcical circumstances.

It seems VAR just answers the question "did the ball contact his hand?". I'm trying to recall VAR reviews of situations with genuine contact between hand and ball that haven't been given a penalty. 

10 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm willing to give it time after how it did at the World Cup. However, if the referee's continue to be incompetent, VAR won't improve. I always hear "VAR isn't the problem, it's the referee's" but guess who is in charge of VAR?

I see it like driving. Practice makes perfect. 

I didnt think it was great at the world cup on handball decisions. And that's an Australian fan who saw all our goals come from penalties in wc2018

10 hours ago, MUFC said:

This short period under Ole has been more fun then Joses whole Utd career.

Must be such a breath of fresh air after some pretty dry managers, results and playing styles mate. Congrats @MUFC @CaaC - John @DeadLinesman

7 hours ago, Eco said:

I don't know why I feel indifferent to city but actively dislike PSG.

PSG seem more like Real Madrid in that I sense a profound arrogance and greed at their heart whereas city seem more mild mannered and unassuming. 

I hate Madrid and PSG but no major dislike for City or Barcelona. 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

It seems VAR just answers the question "did the ball contact his hand?". I'm trying to recall VAR reviews of situations with genuine contact between hand and ball that haven't been given a penalty. 

I didnt think it was great at the world cup on handball decisions. And that's an Australian fan who saw all our goals come from penalties in wc2018

Must be such a breath of fresh air after some pretty dry managers, results and playing styles mate. Congrats @MUFC @CaaC - John @DeadLinesman

Thank you sir.

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Lol Barcelona and Man City aren't arrogant ?

They are but in a different way. Ultimately they both try to cultivate a better image than that. Madrid seem to throw their toys out the pram and will shortly be on their 4th manager in less than 12 months. 

Barca think they are gods gift to football but in a way that I find more admirable than detestable. 

City... Are city honestly arrogant? Which of their players or managers has that image? Just because they have money and know they can afford most players doesn't make them arrogant. Their most expensive signing ranks what 5th amongst the EPL clubs behind Pogba, VVD, Kepa, Aubamayang? Hardly outbidding Madrid for Neymar and Mbappe... 

Neither of these clubs is out chasing sugar hits the way Madrid and PSG do.

53 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

He looks like he has just seen me last night with my false teeth out, laughing and drinking wine :hh:

This photo was from the Chelsea - PSG game but i bet the face was similar last night haha

Neymar having a little rant about the injustice of the penalty.... no mention of the fact they let in 2 goals prior to that that put them in that situation in the first place.. can't think of anything better than both Madrid and PSG along with Neymar and Ramos all being out of the CL... and there was me thinking my love of football was on the wane... 

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You purport to be a Lyon fan and don't get the issue with PSG? We have lost the battle and are deluding ourselves if we think it's ever coming back, it's a game for the ecos of the world now.

Quite happy to see PSG go out, even if it was at the expense of the media fawning and crowing over what was an extremely fortuitous victory for Manchester United. There are barely any good sides left now, really opens up for Manchester City to do the quadruple or one of the lesser teams to win it.

Yes, I watch Ligue 1 and literally picked the team I have enjoyed the most watching. I am not from Lyon, nor do I have any ties to Lyon. 

I never said it's coming back, but the fact that people seem to jump all over PSG using oil money to promote their achievement is laughable if in the same breath you let Chelsea slide. They were the first team I can remember that really changed the game with spending by a foreign investor, and it's been downhill since (if you are a football purest, like yourself). I just don't grasp why PSG gets so much hate, whereas Manchester City and Chelsea seem to just slide away with doing the same exact thing. 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't know why I feel indifferent to city but actively dislike PSG.

PSG seem more like Real Madrid in that I sense a profound arrogance and greed at their heart whereas city seem more mild mannered and unassuming. 

I hate Madrid and PSG but no major dislike for City or Barcelona. 

See - That is interesting. I see Barca and Real as both smug, but I don't care for either for different reasons. Besides, using my arguments, they both get some sort of pass because historically they are about as dominant as they come, whereas Chelsea, Manchester City, and PSG aren't. If people hated the latter 3 I mentioned, I would understand that viewpoint. However, there is so much shade thrown at PSG, but the English clubs seem to get a pass on it. 

Just now, Eco said:

See - That is interesting. I see Barca and Real as both smug, but I don't care for either for different reasons. Besides, using my arguments, they both get some sort of pass because historically they are about as dominant as they come, whereas Chelsea, Manchester City, and PSG aren't. If people hated the latter 3 I mentioned, I would understand that viewpoint. However, there is so much shade thrown at PSG, but the English clubs seem to get a pass on it. 

I think each club goes through its stages of taunt and ridicule,  and it's at its most profound when they spend the most money on players and generate the greatest bit of resentment. PSG are very much still in the immediate aftermath of signing mbappe and neymar which I think is why they are currently feeling more hate. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived