• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favourite kids shows

football forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Going back to when I was very young, 5 years old, it was... 

Bill & Ben the Flower Pot Men, Andy Pandy, Picture Book, Rag Tag & Bob Tail, Twizzel.The Micky Mouse Club etc.

When I got older around 10-12 years old it would be shows like...

Roy Rogers, The Cisco Kid, Superman, Zorro, Davy Crocket, Wyatt Earp, The Rifle Man etc.

I bet it was a massive headfuck for you when Colour TV came in... :ph34r:

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Power Rangers
Get Your Own Back
50/50
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Byker Grove
The Queens Nose
Rugrats
Chucklevision
Arthur
Live & Kicking
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Grange Hill
Kenan & Kel
Round the Twist
Art Attack
Come Outside
Demon Headmaster
Recess
Hey Arnold
My Parents are Aliens
Pingu
Saved by the Bell

Man, I watched a lot of shit.

You've nailed my childhood there!

Shows

Superhuman Samurai Sybersquad (yes spelt with a S), The Wonder Years, Boy meets World, Small Wonder, Different Strokes, Home Improvement, Didi's Comedy Show, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, Giant Robo, The Crystal Maze and Doogie Howser MD. 

Cartoons

Swatkatz, Jonny Quest, The Mask, Scooby Doo, Whacky Races, Ducktales, Quack Pack, Talespin, Banana Man, Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, Danger Mouse, Darkwing Duck, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory and The Justice Friends. 

Have probably missed a few. And yes, I did watch a lot of TV. 

Dragon Ball Z

Slayers

Saint Seiya

Bt´X

Slam Dunk

Detective Conan

Rugrats

Digimon

Pokemon

Beyblade

Medabots

Yugioh

Rurouni Kenshin

Goosebumps

Are you afraid of the dark?

What's with Andy?

Codename: Kids Next Door

Scooby-Doo

Hey Arnold

Dexter's Laboratory

Catdog

The Angry Beavers

Doug

Bananas in Pijamas

Franklin The Turtle

Power Rangers

Tom & Jerry

The Wild Thornberrys

Rocket Power

X Men

Spiderman

Ninja Turtles

Shin Chan

Garfield and Friends

Shaman King

Ed Edd and Eddy

The Magic School Bus

Courage The Cowardly Dog

Wacky Races

And a few others whose name i don't remember.

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It doesn't get any better than The Hurricanes I'm afraid.

Add the full on cheesy theme tune and you got yourself a winner. Loved it.

Ha ha I remember that

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

This cartoon was massively underrated. I think it aired between 93-96 sort of time on the BBC.

@nudge will have liked that one.

I've never seen it or even heard of it... Looks depressing somehow xD 

21 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo were my two favourites growing up. Tom & Jerry still being class now shows how good it is too, I watched a few episodes a few months back and was still laughing at them. Scooby Doo I tried to watch back a few years ago and it just wasn't as good, once you realise that there are only one or two characters in each episode other than the gang you realise quickly who the monster is xD

Looney Tunes and Animaniacs were class too - never really enjoyed Flinstones, SpongeBob, Family Guy or any of the other mainstream stuff. The Simpsons had a few good episodes back in Series 4-7ish but for years has been tragically bad, so much so that I can't watch the old ones without getting bored.

I was never big on those or The Simpsons either for some reason.

The Turtles and X-Men were the best overall. I mean what more could you want as a young boy than some high action superhero cartoons?

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've never seen it or even heard of it... Looks depressing somehow xD 

About animals getting together to try and get away from humans destroying their habitat. To be honest, it would probably be deemed "too political" nowadays if that Iceland advert about Orangutans was.

As best as I can remember and in no particular order.... 

Tom & Jerry, Top Cat, Scooby Doo, Thundercats, ( Thundercats HO!! ) Woody Woodpecker, Mary Mungo & Midge, Hectors House, Captain Pugwash, Magic Roundabout, Bagpuss, Banana Splits, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet, The Double Deckers, Skippy, Grange Hill, Michael Bentines Potty Time, Pipkins, Fingerbobs, How, Magpie, Clangers, Jackanory, Crackerjack, Bill and Ben, Why Don't You, Blue Peter, Take Hart, Vision On, The Wombles, Swap Shop, Tiswas, Play Away, Mr Ben, Hair Bear Bunch, Wacky Races, Catch The Pigeon, Space 1999, Time Tunnel, Lost In Space, Land of the Giants... 

You used to get a couple of hours after school then it went into the news but on Saturday morning it was a kids paradise... I used to sneak down early and stick the fire on and settle down with a couple of bowls of cereal while everyone was still sleeping in.. after that I went and did myself some toast under the grill as my Mum used to go mad if you used all the milk up.. xD Once my dad got up that was that though because he used to flick it over to World Of Sport with Dickie Davis and I would have to put up with the stupid wrestling... What was worse is he would change the channel and then bloody fall asleep on the sofa.. If you tried to change the channel while he was asleep he would splutter into life and go "Oi!! I was watching that.. " so annoying.. xD

Archived