talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka Signs for Man Utd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Arsenal making a £15m bid for Tierney looks even more farcical now. 

No, this just makes Man Utd look ridiculous. £50m for a player that won't make much difference to how they play. I'm sure Celtic would love us to be that ridiculous but we don't need a LB who's used to playing at a low standard that badly.

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No, this just makes Man Utd look ridiculous. £50m for a player that won't make much difference to how they play. I'm sure Celtic would love us to be that ridiculous but we don't need a LB who's used to playing at a low standard that badly.

True, you've already got one. 

53 minutes ago, Inverted said:

True, you've already got one. 

You seem to be taking this all too personally. Scotland isn't a great league, I don't know why this is a surprise to you. Try and be objective.

52 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You seem to be taking this all too personally. Scotland isn't a great league, I don't know why this is a surprise to you. Try and be objective.

15 million for Scotland's best LB is a bit silly though. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

I don't say it is a high quality league, but to pretend that world class players can't come out of it is ridiculous when two of the current European champions had major formative spells in this league. 

It's also outrageously presumptive from a club which has made some properly shocking recruitment decisions in recent times. 

20 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't say it is a high quality league, but to pretend that world class players can't come out of it is ridiculous when two of the current European champions had major formative spells in this league. 

It's also outrageously presumptive from a club which has made some properly shocking recruitment decisions in recent times. 

They also had spells at other, smaller English teams, where they had to step up and improve, before moving to Liverpool. Tierney hasn't done that part and would be more of a gamble because of it.

It's also not a priority position for us. Need to buy in other positions a lot more.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They also had spells at other, smaller English teams, where they had to step up and improve, before moving to Liverpool. Tierney hasn't done that part and would be more of a gamble because of it.

It's also not a priority position for us. Need to buy in other positions a lot more.

With due respect, the jump to playing with a team that gets 97 points is a much bigger jump than to with Arsenal at this moment. 

30 minutes ago, Inverted said:

With due respect, the jump to playing with a team that gets 97 points is a much bigger jump than to with Arsenal at this moment. 

I already mentioned. They didn't make the jump from Scottish football straight to Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I already mentioned. They didn't make the jump from Scottish football straight to Liverpool.

To be fair Robertson made the jump from a very poor Hull side that would have probably struggled winning the league in Scotland. 

Robertson is a football phenomena though so maybe shouldn't be used as an example. 

• Administrator

Utd have been well and truly taken to the cleaners here. Not saying Wan-Bissaka isn't good or that he can't be great in future, but £50m :o 

• The title was changed to Aaron Wan-Bissaka Signs for Man Utd
On 26/06/2019 at 12:52, Cicero said:

Wow. That’s quite the pay raise. 

On 26/06/2019 at 13:07, Pyfish said:

Imagine getting an extra £80,000 a week - crazy! 

That's classic Ole. Signed players on stupid amounts per week (see Kenwyne Jones and Dikagcoi as examples, the latter I remember @The Palace Fan saying that we were doubling his weekly wage after being relegated). 

19 hours ago, Dan said:

Classic Man Utd signing. Not necessarily a good tactical fit, spent a fair bit on a young right back last summer.

They're a mess.

This here sums a bit up as well. Signing players that may not fit into the style of play while already having a young right back (unless Ole doesn't rate Dalot). 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Utd have been well and truly taken to the cleaners here. Not saying Wan-Bissaka isn't good or that he can't be great in future, but £50m :o 

Agreed. It's a gamble that could pay off but atm, it's a considerable risk. Palace done well with the price there. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's classic Ole. Signed players on stupid amounts per week (see Kenwyne Jones and Dikagcoi as examples, the latter I remember @The Palace Fan saying that we were doubling his weekly wage after being relegated). 

This here sums a bit up as well. Signing players that may not fit into the style of play while already having a young right back (unless Ole doesn't rate Dalot). 

Agreed. It's a gamble that could pay off but atm, it's a considerable risk. Palace done well with the price there. 

It just sums up to me that Manchester United still have absolutely no direction and haven't done for a long time, and let me say now if their new intended direction is signing average players on the basis they're British then it won't last very long when they're sat in midtable and are forced to act. I find it incredible in a way.

This just seems another ill-fit to me. He's clearly not rubbish, but it's massive money and pressure on a youngster with only a year in the top flight who played in a way that seems to contradict what Man Utd will intend to play. Given they signed Dalot last year as well it's just bizarre.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

My thoughts, Woodward is fucking nuts paying that much for someone who is far from an elite defender and wont never reach that status.  At the most worth 30 mil and that's already with the added bonus for taking jones in return. (🤞🤞🤞🤞

We're never taking Jones in return so take that thought away xD

Archived