talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Country Are You From or Living In?

football forums

Just I see various flags on users names, so am curious where you are all from. Am Manchester born and bread myself, where were you all born? And have any of you moved country?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was born in Merseyside until I was 18. Then I spent a few years at uni in Portsmouth. Then I fucked off to California. I'll be back though, I'm just trying to make money.

Has the money trail worked out?

Just now, MUFC said:

Has the money trail worked out?

Yeah, it's been alright for me. I've got plenty of money for a house saved up - we're just not all 100% on where we're going to be living in the next couple of years, we've had a few plans come and go - and I already own the condo I live in, so I'm doing better than I thought I would be doing a few years ago. This wedding I've got coming up is the only thing that's really denting my finances and making me a bit more of a penny pincher than I otherwise would be, but my fiancé and I have done a good job saving and I'm more than comfortable with where I'm at financially, I'm pretty happy about that.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, it's been alright for me. I've got plenty of money for a house saved up - we're just not all 100% on where we're going to be living in the next couple of years, we've had a few plans come and go - and I already own the condo I live in, so I'm doing better than I thought I would be doing a few years ago. This wedding I've got coming up is the only thing that's really denting my finances and making me a bit more of a penny pincher than I otherwise would be, but my fiancé and I have done a good job saving and I'm more than comfortable with where I'm at financially, I'm pretty happy about that.

Just stay where the money is, you don't want to move back only to struggle to find work.

Just now, MUFC said:

Just stay where the money is, you don't want to move back only to struggle to find work.

I've had some job offers in the UK and Germany. Not to keen on learning another language though, although with Brexit that might be the best option for money. But I do miss home. The thing about the offers I've had in the UK are: 1.) the wages the positions not in London offered were ludicrously poor, so flat out rejected those without thinking; 2.) the jobs in London were at a similar rate to what I'm paid now (a bit less though), but the cost of living is higher in London. So overall I'd be making around the same, but a bit less, and paying more on my day to day expenses.

The most challenging thing about moving, though, would be my fiancé's career. And she'd probably get homesick if we did uproot our lives and move me back home. But I do want to go back, in the long run, and it's something we discussed. Ideally, I'd like to be back in the UK before we start a family... but I don't know how realistic that is.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Yeah, I've seen that one before. He's actually been in the country recently again filming for his new show Uncharted, I believe...

• Subscriber

Half German, half Canadian. Always lived in different cities around the Vancouver area in BC. I cant really imagine living anywhere else to be honest but you never know. Ive travelled a bit but not enough yet. Trying to sell my condo at the moment and rent for a little bit and save up to travel some more. My better half will be done her degree in about a years time and were going to take off for hopefully at least a few months, loose plans but probably somewhere in Europe. We have a trip to the Phillipines planned for about 2 years and after that the plan is the rebuy something and settle in... she wants kids but thats another story. 

Born and raised in Atlanta. Family is mostly English and German/French. We actually have a famous composer in our family who was English, one Henry Purcell.

Have lived all over at various stages of my life, Germany and France for short periods of time, China and Russia for much longer periods of time. 

Now, I'm back in Atlanta, Georgia. 

• Subscriber

I'm from Goa, India but didn't really grow up there. Spent the first 15 years in Abu Dhabi then two years in Bangalore, India then about 7.5 in the US, now I am back in Bangalore. Done half-year/year stints in places like Israel and Hong Kong. Think I'll move again eventually but can't think of where I want to live.

Sargodha, Pakistan

The Brits made an airstrip in the city seeing it's geographical position during WW1 which laid the modern foundation of the city. The city to this day is home to the central air command of the air force. 

Famous for it's citrus production for which it's called the California of Pakistan, doctors and country folks like Cletus from the Simpsons.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, kitmonkey04 said:

Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, USA but I am currently based in Manila for work.

Welcome to the forums! How do you like Manila?

• Subscriber

Born in Tilbury, Essex, my mother was Scottish and my father was English, grew up in Australia when we emigrated in 1960 (11-years-old) came back to the UK in 1972 and joined the army, met the wife who is pure a blooded Scots lady in Dortmund, Germany and we married, moved back to the UK, Scotland, in 1975 and I have been here ever since.

I class myself more Scottish and Australian than English but I sill have a Union Jack in my profile, I worked down in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, on & off over the years but have settled in Scotland now since 1996. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, kitmonkey04 said:

Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, USA but I am currently based in Manila for work.

Nice to have another Man United guy on board and it's another big welcome from me, @Teso dos Bichos and @DeadLinesman might pop in now and say welcome to TF365 and to another United man.  :bye:  

2 hours ago, kitmonkey04 said:

Welcome - I have to the Tempe/Phoenix area many times for work, and absolutely love it there. Papago Park is one of my favorite places to run. 

I think @Burning Gold is also from Arizona. 

Archived