talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/08/2020 at 02:35, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm just concerned that youve steroid boosted your attack (which was quite good last year) and ignored your dogshit defense. To the point players are going to be mad about playing time at the front while leaking goals at the back.

Abraham, Werner, CHO, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, MountBarkley, Giroud 

Pulisic-------Werner------Havertz
---------Mount--------Ziyech---------

------------------Kante---------------------

This is the most unbalanced and attacking formation realistically applicable. Abraham, CHO miss out. 2 of your better players last season.  And i'd speculate you'd rather have Gorginho/ kovacic in there instead of a 2nd attacking midfielder, which means Mount or Ziyech are primed to miss out too. 

We've been a bit stale in attack for years now mate. Lampard did well last season to get us creating more and to be more dangerous overall, he switched things round to add some fresh impetus where and when needed and got the best out of some of the offensive players, the newer players like Mount and Pulisic, and the old ones like Willian who probably had his best season for us where before he was below par. Despite Lampard's work, we still lack quality offensively, be it with finishing or breaking teams down which was a problem under Lampard and for several Chelsea managers before him. We relied heavily on Hazard for years and he always lacked top quality alongside him to help ease his workload. A good portion of the first half of last season saw Chelsea fans talking about how we lacked at times clinicalness to finish teams off which would come back to haunt us during games. Our finishing got better as the season went on and yes we need to add defensively to this team but the reality is that attacking quality has also been needed for a much longer time. 

Lampard for me walked into a club left with the mess the previous managers had left before him. This comment is going to make it sound like Lampard walked into a team fighting relegation, he didn't. The previous managers brought their own positives to the club, no doubt but trophies sometimes paper over the cracks. There is a reason why we're struggling to get into the top four and can barely make it out of the Champions League groups and it's been that way for a while now which for a club of our resources isn't good enough. I'm not trying to paint Lampard out as a saving grace but sometimes a manager's influence can be felt and long lasting even if they end their tenure trophyless. The work he has done with the young players so far and some of the signings he's made should have future managers reaping the benefits. On paper yes, we don't know how these young players will end up nor do we know how well the new signings will do but you can see what he's trying to do and thus far you can see the long-term plan behind it. The trophies have been great in previous years but after every sacking, there's been problems that needed solving and money spent and the cycle continues. I'm not saying Lampard is going to be here for ages but at least there seems to be a bit of forward thinking involved for once which is something Chelsea fans have been crying out for since Roman came into the fold.

We need defensive players yes, I particuarly want a defensive midfielder, a centre back and goalkeeper, essentialy those central areas covered. Declan Rice would be great for example as Kanté needs to be looked after but it may take a couple of years to sort out everywhere. This squad has needed a revamp for quite some time.

A reminder of some of Conte's spending. Most of those are looking to be shipped out for example, signed by a manager who won us the Premier League and FA Cup. Did we move on from that title win? We got worse.

On 24/08/2020 at 19:50, Batard said:

Major coup if this signing is sealed. What is so special about Chelsea in Germany - 2012 CL win against Bayern?

I seriously still can't believe or understand that Havertz is going to Chelsea. Obviously they were the only club willing to match Leverkusen's expectations but still. It seems Havertz was desperate to make that move now. In his situation I would have stayed one more year. 

5 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I seriously still can't believe or understand that Havertz is going to Chelsea. Obviously they were the only club willing to match Leverkusen's expectations but still. It seems Havertz was desperate to make that move now. In his situation I would have stayed one more year. 

Footballers have short careers, he doesn’t know if he’s ever going to get an injury that’d make him a significantly worse (and therefore less valuable) player. I understand why players are so quick to take their chance at a big money move, it could be their one and only shot at it. Although nowadays it seems like players can recover from injuries better than they did in the 90s & early 2000s. And I’m not saying he’s going to get injured or anything... but it’d weigh on my mind if I was a player.

And from his perspective, it’s pretty win win. He’s going to be a well paid star player at a really strong side in Europe that is ambitious as fuck and currently undergoing an exciting and expensive rebuild to usher in a return to dominance from them. That’s an exciting prospect coming from a club that didn’t have those same ambitions.

If you purely put yourself in his shoes as a player, it’s really understandable that he’d want the move tbh.

If he’s as good as everyone says he is, he’s sure to be a success and a massive player for them. He’ll probably be their talisman like Hazard was.

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I wish they would hurry up and get this over the line... by the time he joins and gets proper match fit we will be 5 games in... xD

Brighton last weekend is our only pre-season game as well.

Virtually none of our new signings will have time to gel before the season kicks off. Ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, Batard said:

What actually is happening with this now? He's in with the national team setup so I assume his agent is negotiating with Chelsea? 

Agreement was confirmed last week by Romano.  €80m to Bayer Leverkusen with €20m more by add ons. Havertz will sign his contract until June 2025 [personal terms agreed more than one month ago ]. Waiting to complete his medical after the bloody Nations League.

The club want to build up and present him given out of all of our signings, he is The Hazard replacement. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The COVID discount really does exist and its been the pushing power for Marina to negotiate lower fees. Werner, Chilwell, and now Havertz. 

Alright Kaveh. 

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

Archived