talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

58 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is the best explanation I've read yet on the government's approach in the UK. 

Full thread.

The biggest assumption of all is missing in the conclusions. 

The W.H.O have mentioned that we don't know yet if herd immunity is actually possible with this virus or if it will continuously morph to stay in circulation as some other strains of flu do. To them, it therefore makes most sense to contain until we understand better.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

But at a time when there's already panic and hysteria given what has happened around the world I think it was a misjudged thing to say. 

Even with the panic and hysteria, there are still far too many people not taking it seriously. If the Prime Minister's comments put a stop to that (and anecdotally it seems like they are) then it's unequivocally a good thing.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s not proactive because in cancelling events goes against the plan in which is more of a managed infection so they can manage it. By cancelling events it’s affectively forcing their hand to go to Italy route. 

I don't agreed that their hand has been forced. It's a perfectly reasonable position to acknowledge events are being cancelled because people involved are testing positive, yet continue with the official policy that it's not necessary or mandatory under normal circumstances.

The latest from Spain...

The draft version of the decree implementing the state of alarm, which radio network Cadena SER first reported on and to which EL PAÍS has had access, limits journeys to the following:

1. The acquisition of foods, pharmaceuticals and essential items.

2. Access to healthcare centers.

3. Journeys to workplaces or to carry out labor, professional or company duties

4. Return journeys to habitual residences.

5. Assistance for and care of seniors, minors, dependants, the disabled or vulnerable people.

6. Journeys to financial institutions.

7. For reasons of force majeure or situations of necessity.

8. Any other activity that is justifiably necessary.

To sum up, people in Spain will from today only be able to move around if they need to go to work, buy foodstuffs or purchase pharmaceuticals. The government is essentially locking down Spain, in measures that will go into force at 8am on Monday March 16, 2020.

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Yup. I read that as well. Fist fights breaking out over toilet paper. World War 3 did begin but not in the manner we expected xD

As i said survival of the fittest was always the rule of nature the past few decades  made it a bit relaxed :coffee:

My mom's friend and her husband are stuck in Spain at the moment. I know them well and I hope they are OK, but they can't go back to Canada and I'm not sure if they have to keep paying for wherever they stay. As Azeem said, this is just as bad financially as it is medically.