talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Starmer has been pretty piss poor, I wouldn't vote Labour (for the first time in my life) at the next General Election. But I'd still have to and have a few pints when the Tories get booted out. They are utterly loathsome, the whole mood of the country changes with them in power, the soul has been sucked out, the back broken. Just walk around our city centres, thousands of homeless people. That happens because of Tory policies. Labour would be no quick fix and leave a lot to be desire, the radicalism needed to actually change things seems to be being ushered out the door...but it'd be a great night if the Tories are out. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Subscriber

I think it's about 54 Tory MPs (15%?) have to send in statements of no confidence in him to trigger a leadership election internally. With that option on the table they'll never allow an early general election. It was thought about 15-20 of them sent their letters in already over the Paterson/sleaze stuff a few weeks ago. Not inconceivable it could happen soon. I imagine a few of them will be preparing for a leadership bid just in case.

On 01/12/2021 at 13:36, Stan said:

WHO says Omicron symptoms are 'mild' and vaccines can be effective. 

Wish you could say that to our lot, but they won't listen. We have our three week review on Friday and rumours I'm hearing is that we may have a 'firebreak' lockdown (because that worked superbly before) from the 17th.

Who'll pay for that when there's no furlough scheme is anyone's guess but there we go.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/09/cdc-chief-omicron-mild-early-data-us-spread-variant

The evidence is piling up now, much to the palpable disappointment of the curtain twitchers. This variant becoming dominant is a good thing. 

While these people do exist, and are hysterical, and are arguably as big of a problem and as misguided as some of the Covid-deniers, you don't half make out that there's loads of them out there. xD

It's looking like good news and cause for cautious optimism. Doesn't mean it wasn't wrong to be cautious and vigilant at first. It's only really been a couple of weeks since this thing came to light so it hasn't really set us back.

Also, this isn't to say I'm remotely on board with the 'curtain twitchers' demanding another lockdown until we go a year without a single case of the virus, but even if the symptoms are similar to a common cold or flu, it's sensible to mitigate where possible against the spread of the disease. Mass illness isn't good for the economy either and even if a vaccinated population has a tiny proportion of cases become hospitalisations, that's still a problem.

People can prefer a cautious route and hope to see case numbers remain low without believing that the virus is worse than the plague or that we should build our lives around fighting it.

It's a complicated situation, we're not going to be able to wake up one morning and say 'it's over now we can forget about it and move on' and there's going to be setbacks. I'm guilty of this too but there's a lot of factors to consider in managing this pandemic and we need to stop doing this thing where someone says one thing we disagree and we project this entire personality onto them be it "right wing anti-vaxxer" (unless that prove it like Happy Blue :ph34r:) or "lockdown lover" or "Covid Karen" etc. then base our criticisms and arguments off a load of stuff they've never even said, if that makes sense.

50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What a curtain twitchers in this scenario? xD I know people who quickly put their masks on in public when someone passes them on a wide sidewalk even. 

People who like to tell tales on their neighbours and look down on people for ‘breaking rules’. England is absolutely full of them.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

People who like to tell tales on their neighbours and look down on people for ‘breaking rules’. England is absolutely full of them.

I think it's an international phenomenon. xD

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

One reason why a lot of people don't bother getting Jabs, our son has just received a letter from the NHS where to get his booster jab...10 odd miles away in Gorebridge, as he no longer has a car this would take him around 40/50 minutes by bus to get there yet we have medical facilities here in Leith where they are doing the jabs (Chemist shops, Leith Medical Centre etc) where me and the wife had ours.

He is going to ring them up and try and get it changed to one of the facilities above, if he can't get it changed then he won't bother as he is working in the post office sorting department on a 6 day a week night shift.

As I mentioned here before the government or NHS should pull their bloody finger out of their jacksie and realise they have a medical computer database list where people live and any local Covid facility that can do the jab instead of sending people way up whoopsie for a jab, 10 to a penny they are sending letters to people who live in Gorebridge telling them their jabs have been booked in a Leith centre wherever. :dam:

download.png

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

For an introvert like me, that sounds like heaven. But yes, I get the worrying part. xD

Well, there's being introverted, and then there's being socially anxious... 😅 Removing human contact from daily situations is mad, and governments striving to do it are fucking psychotic.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well, there's being introverted, and then there's being socially anxious... 😅 Removing human contact from daily situations is mad, and governments striving to do it are fucking psychotic.

I know, I know. I do love some chatter with the cashier every now and then. I was even asked for ID a few weeks ago. 18 years too late ffs. 

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/covid-cold-symptoms-difference-flu-b1970917.html

We’ve now got dedicated articles telling us how to differentiate between a cold and covid because the difference is so minimal for the vast majority. When will this lunacy end.

Even Theresa May has now come out and said we just now need to get on and  live with it.

So we are now being brow beaten into another damaging, possibly fatally, lockdown by data which is based on information about the original virus. This is not 'following the science'.

Worst case modelling scenarios for Omicron ‘unlikely’ – Professor | The Independent

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

The vaccines are meant to make us all gay.

If you go to the doctor and he whips out his "Johnson and Johnson", that should be a red flag right there. Johnson is another word for penis. That's not a coincidence.

If I don't let a man put his penis in my asshole and bust a nut, why should I let some doctor have sex with my arm? A syringe is basically an ejaculating dildo and it's still gay no matter what hole it goes in.

They're also talking about making this into a "man date". Now I don't know about you but I always thought dating a man was pretty gay, I've never had to suck anyone's dick to go to a restaurant before, why should I start now?

(don't worry this is a copypasta)

Edited by Machado
  • Haha 2