talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

6 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Sadly that is very likely to be the case.

I watched a talk show yesterday where a German expert said that he was worried that things would soon get much worse in the USA than in Italy.

Their health system is crap and they also lack the medical equipment. Soon they will try everything to get hold of all equipment that is available worldwide and they obviously have the financial power for that.

Then other countries will hardly be able to get equipment anymore and we'll all pay the price that there is a clown in charge in the USA.

I believe Trump said they should never need "foreign" equipment then on the same day they put a request in to European countries for help with providing equipment :4_joy:

The only hope they've got at the minute is that most cases are the young. In countries like Italy and Spain the young have strong relationships with the elders in the family. More regular contact than in most other countries. Leading to an outbreak among the older demographics.

As the US plays catch up with testing their case trajectory as of this morning is the worst in the west. But this chart is distorted by bad testers like the US and UK.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I am only saying that Trump is more accepting to his own errors than the likes of Bolsonaro. Doesn't mean I think he's doing good.

In what way has Trump accepted to his own errors?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Trump is having an absolute shocker in the last week. He's pivoting toward opening the country back up in 2 weeks against all evidence. He's regularly contradicting Dr Fauci. His propaganda arm are putting out ideas about letting the virus do what it wants and that it's not that big a deal. He's going around playing political games against the Governor of New York, a Democrat of course. He's blaming China to divert attention from himself. He was tweeting about how strong the stock market was because of him, it then fell to an 11 year low when the algorithms cottoned on to what is actually going on.

Places like New York only really started shutting down properly earlier this week after cases rocketed. That had to be initiated by the Governor not the President. New York has a big outbreak among the young because life just went on. The price may be heavy. 

Our Govt's response has been at various times clueless, vague and really slow but fuck me am I glad it's not Trump in charge

6 hours ago, Azeem said:

Governor of Texas on Fox last night said how grandparents would be willing to die if it means a better economy for their children.

I was talking about this today. If we went into lockdown week 1, we would probably be back to business as usual (with no international travel though)
Going into lockdown so late will destroy the economy, which we could avoid if we took no measures against the virus and let it run its course. We would lose about 3-4 % of the population and a greater percent of the aged population. But wouldn't have a repossession or depression. 

11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I was talking about this today. If we went into lockdown week 1, we would probably be back to business as usual (with no international travel though)
Going into lockdown so late will destroy the economy, which we could avoid if we took no measures against the virus and let it run its course. We would lose about 3-4 % of the population and a greater percent of the aged population. But wouldn't have a repossession or depression. 

In the battle of financial gain versus human life, Capitalism always chooses the former.

17 hours ago, Stan said:

Heard that call that's going around social media about a 75 year old not giving a fuck about spreading it, saying they've had their team and would go to the beach even if it meant they died. 

She seemed to totally gloss over the fact that she could also pass it on to people and didn't like that people were staying at home, saying they're frightened. 

Ignorant bitch! Hope she pops it because those kind of people just aren't useful in times like this. Stubborn indeed! 

Terrible woman. Her husband was at home recovering from a stroke. Her friend, whom she visited, was 78. And in the end of the call the woman when asked about danger of death, casually stated 'so what, we have lived our lives.'

31 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wouldn't you?

If this ripped through the population panic would ensue, mass varied behavioural changes would emerge causing wild negative economic outcomes. Likely to lead to economic turmoil that lasts years not months. Businesses would be destroyed with the absence of government support. Unemployment would last longer. Tourism would end for 2 years, which on its own probably accounts for enough lost transactions to constitute depression. Exports may collapse as buying nations would stop dealing with a country out of control due to risks. Just one large pariah state threatens the whole world.

Lives versus economy is a false choice.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What's all this stuff regarding 5G? Switching 5G on is doing the damage. Apparently the reason the Chinese death toll has suddenly stopped is because they've turned 5G off....

Wtf. How the heck does anyone even come up with the idea that 5G could have anything even remotely to do with people contracting the virus and dying from it? For fucks sake. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Yeah that's absolute bollocks. 

The singer M.I.A is peddling a load of shit about it as well on Twitter. Saying she saw construction workers out in London near where she lives laying 5g pipes and relating it to the virus xD

We are going to be screwed. Our cases are going crazy. 

My cough is back so I’m taking tomorrow off. 

I only had 8 out of 24 students rock up today so we just joined classes. I expectt by Friday I’ll have 3-4. Max. 

Edited by Toinho

16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What's all this stuff regarding 5G? Switching 5G on is doing the damage. Apparently the reason the Chinese death toll has suddenly stopped is because they've turned 5G off....

How come there are cases in my area and I can barely get 3G:ph34r:

I've decided I'm done with work, I didn't want to be there at all, so I fucked off. It will shut by the end of the week anyway(or perhaps the week after) as they will run out of materials and can't order any more due to all their suppliers being ordered to shut. They should however already be shut, especially when you look at how horrible the facilities are. They are cleaned once per week at the most. Dirty place. Nevermind Corona, you'll probably catch AIDS on that site even at the best of times.

I just spoke to my accountant on the way home and went through everything from this (tax) year and he told me how much the least was that I'd be looking at receiving and it worked out lovely. I will be fine financially due to that as they are going to speed it up for me so that I receive it by May. Not to mention, I have enough in my savings to cover it on its own. I'll sit on my arse all day smoking weed, eating and earning 90 quid for a bit.

It's a massive shame not to be able to return to Barcelona around the time the derby was scheduled to take place(or perhaps the Atletico game, I was deciding between both) and see a bird I met there, take a trip to San Sebastian a month or 2 after that and then head to Portugal before the end of the summer(along with some fishing whenever I could), but what can you do? It's about saving lives now(all over the world) and respecting probably the greatest thing this country has:- the NHS, in fact, respecting all the health care systems around the world because they are the ones really on the front-line right now. It's for the best.

I also don't think we give enough credit to people who work in shops or supermarkets, as they still have to go about their working business, which puts them at risk of contracting the virus. They are given absolutely nowhere near the credit they deserve in society, same for the delivery driver who brought me food last night.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'll sit on my arse all day smoking weed, eating and earning 90 quid for a bit.

That's outrageous!!! And there I am having to go into work still... 

On the other hand, good luck to you my friend, make the most of it while you can... :D

Just wish it was me... :(

49 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's outrageous!!! And there I am having to go into work still... 

On the other hand, good luck to you my friend, make the most of it while you can... :D

Just wish it was me... :(

What is it you do again mate? I'd gladly do some voluntary work part time(in hope you still get paid though of course, as cuntish as that sounds :ph34r:) in times like this if it was an essential job. It keeps you busy.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

What is it you do again mate? I'd gladly do some voluntary work(in hope you still got paid though of course, as cuntish as that sounds :ph34r:) in times like this if it was an essential job. It keeps you busy.

We are in the food industry mate, I run a despatch team and it's been heaving with the extra demand the shops are placing on us.. We supply Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Ocado and M&S so as you can imagine we are under the cosh at the minute while the stores are playing catch up... At some point it will calm down but at the minute we are working beyond capacity to keep up with demand.. rather be working than stuck at home to be honest..