talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

People in Austria dying because they took horse dewormer. 🤦‍♂️

I don't understand how this is still happening. Like anywhere.

First off, there's Ivermectin that's meant for human consumption. So why take horse dewormer if there's a human version?

Second, it's an anti-parasite medication. It's really effective against parasites... but COVID is a virus, not a parasite.

Third, the manufacturer has said: "don't take Ivermectin for COVID-19."

Forth, even if you disregard all of that... there's no evidence Ivermectin does anything to help with COVID, while the vaccine has plenty of evidence that it can reduce chances of getting infected and minimise the effects post-infection. The high profile people who've taken Ivermectin and had speedy and successful recoveries simultaneously took those antibody cocktails - which are meant to be fairly effective at treating COVID... and that's because you're pumping yourself with COVID antibodies. It has fuck all to do with taking an anti-parasite medication.

Fifth, apparently gobbling down that horse dewormer ivermectin makes lots of people uncontrollably shit themselves. Is being afraid of needles, or whatever fucking reason people have for not getting vaccinated, really worse than spending days sat on a toilet?

It's mental, tbh. Being so anti-vaccine that you're willing to take something which at best won't do anything and at worst... probably isn't good for you because constant diarrhea isn't good for you xD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Khan of TF365 said:

This pandemic will be a great test case study of human behaviours and different shits on a world scale level. I expect a lot of future studies to revolve around this period.

It'll be a case study on how people can take issues that really aren't political in their nature and make them a partisan issue as part of the partisan divide to exploit, for sure.

• Subscriber

Regarding Ivermectin: repurposed drugs are nothing new, and there were quite a few studies that suggested Ivermectin can be beneficial in both treatment and prophylaxis. Oxford University is currently running a huge trial called PRINCIPLE that includes ivermectin as one of the repurposed drugs for Covid treatment. Another big one called ACTIV-6 is being carried out in the US currently. So it's not just a baseless claim; it could be potentially useful, but it's definitely unwise to self-medicate with it at home and it's completely insane to use the animal version of it xD 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Regarding Ivermectin: repurposed drugs are nothing new, and there were quite a few studies that suggested Ivermectin can be beneficial in both treatment and prophylaxis. Oxford University is currently running a huge trial called PRINCIPLE that includes ivermectin as one of the repurposed drugs for Covid treatment. Another big one called ACTIV-6 is being carried out in the US currently. So it's not just a baseless claim; it could be potentially useful, but it's definitely unwise to self-medicate with it at home and it's completely insane to use the animal version of it xD 

Yeah sure, but maybe taking it after these trials have been done and it's been shown to actually do something against Ivermectin. I'm also fairly certain other trials have been conducted with it related to COVID and they found there's no evidence it actually does anything.

Until there's evidence it does anything, there's no reason for anyone to be taking it as an alternative to the vaccine.

And the people taking horse dewormer aren't insane, imo, they're just fucking stupid.

I've read people are using invermectin and it is helping.

Also Pfizer is developing a tablet for the virus too as concerns grow the vaccines are not effective enough. 

Trump got criticised for taking a chlorine medicine and the MSN crowd criticised him yet we put this in drinking water and swimming pools so I would hesitate before rubbishing any of this.

Let each person make their own decisions,  just read Ireland is 93% vaccinated yet still implementing strong mask and lockdown protocols.

You can bet over Christmas and New Year many more will react within the next couple of weeks again as they drink at this time of the year. Alcohol feeds infections.

• Upvote 1

Will it ever go away? I've read some official saying we have to learn to live with it, so I wonder why the lockdowns at this point.

The way the virus is behaving, it seems that it won't go away for at least a decade. Winter just started and it's already spreading so rapidly, but with virtually everyone vaccinated, only the most vulnerable of the elderly will die. So why the lockdowns. Will we go into lockdown every year? Could be completely in the wrong here, if so, someone help me.

Edited by Machado
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Machado said:

Will it ever go away? I've read some official saying we have to learn to live with it, so I wonder why the lockdowns at this point.

The way the virus is behaving, it seems that it won't go away for at least a decade. Winter just started and it's already spreading so rapidly, but with virtually everyone vaccinated, only the most vulnerable of the elderly will die. So why the lockdowns. Will we go into lockdown every year? Could be completely in the wrong here, if so, someone help me.

The lockdown, at least in Austria, is because they are running out of ICU beds.

I'm wondering what's the long-term strategy, in general, too. The virus  isn't likely to go away. There are no sterilising vaccines and efficacy of the current ones wanes sharply in months, requiring boosters and then likely boosters of boosters for a foreseeable future. The virus will also keep on mutating, and since it can still infect vaccinated people, there's the danger of vaccine-resisting and immune system evading strain emerging due to selective pressure. 

So what's the plan here? Vaccine mandates, "green passes" allowing only fully vaccinated individuals to take part in society, and winter lockdowns forever? How is it all going to be implemented? QR codes and ID checks for entering any public space and transportation? How many shots will a person need to be considered fully vaccinated, and when will that status expire, requiring another booster? Will it even be possible to maintain vaccination levels of 90%+ of the population constantly for years? 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Lockdowns have been used as a last resort to buy time while science catches up. We were so determined to believe that the vaccines would fix everything that we mostly just fell for it. Now the UK is reporting about 200 deaths a day again which has been lockdown territory in the past but at least you know it's hit something of a ceiling. Talk of restrictions barely creeps into the public space now because people are so fed up by it.

That pill Pfizer had approved the other week was another step in the right direction though, supposedly preventing 90% of cases of Covid becoming serious enough for hospitalisation. It's going to continue to be a case of mitigating against overwhelming hospitals and cases and deaths spiralling out of control again, and keep hoping that science and medicine does its job with these tools like that Pfizer pill adding to our toolkit to quash the virus. The much-maligned herd immunity will come into it as well, with cases of people catching Covid for a second time remaining low, which is a good sign this far into the pandemic as to how effective natural immunity has proved to be.

• Upvote 2

On 20/11/2021 at 05:50, nudge said:

The lockdown, at least in Austria, is because they are running out of ICU beds.

I'm wondering what's the long-term strategy, in general, too. The virus  isn't likely to go away. There are no sterilising vaccines and efficacy of the current ones wanes sharply in months, requiring boosters and then likely boosters of boosters for a foreseeable future. The virus will also keep on mutating, and since it can still infect vaccinated people, there's the danger of vaccine-resisting and immune system evading strain emerging due to selective pressure. 

So what's the plan here? Vaccine mandates, "green passes" allowing only fully vaccinated individuals to take part in society, and winter lockdowns forever? How is it all going to be implemented? QR codes and ID checks for entering any public space and transportation? How many shots will a person need to be considered fully vaccinated, and when will that status expire, requiring another booster? Will it even be possible to maintain vaccination levels of 90%+ of the population constantly for years? 

I think the way out is expand the hospital system in every country to cater to a new baseline of winter respiratory hospitalisations. 

But it's odd that I don't hear of that happening, and I'm surprised Europe seems to have been caught with its pants down over boosters going into flu season, which was always going to be the annual peak.

• Upvote 3

This is a very good take on how global challenges can be handled correctly from the point of the ozone depletion problem when it emerged in the 80s and now it's not that a serious thing. Why corona has been an opposite, failure ?

• Personal People knew skin cancer is really bad and they worked on the ozone problem, not with corona many people think it doesn't harm the healthy and young and probably don't know anyone from their circles that died of it so they are ignorant of the personal dangers of it
  • Perception Ozone depletion was perceptible with reliable satellite measurements. Corona? even in this thread there are postings of opposing facts and figures. I blame governments politicizing the issue early on for this skepticism about data
  • Practical People banned and phased out substances that harmed the ozone layer. There seems to be no consensus of what are the practical steps to end this pandemic

3 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Just came across this which raises questions, whether right or wrong her nursing career is most certainly over

https://dailytelegraph.co.nz/covid-19/crisis-in-slovenia-whistleblower-nurse-says-politicians-receive-saline-instead-of-mrna-jab/

First comment under the article:

I found the video, but it isn’t about some special codes on the bottles (no wonder FB has not deleted it).
Also, I can’t find any Slovenian source about this.
This is likely fake news.

• Facepalm 1

• Subscriber

New variant originating in Botswana has quickly become the dominant strain there and in parts of South Africa. Suggestion it has advantages in evading the vaccine and immune responses even over the Delta variant. Early days, hopefully just a blip but one to keep an eye on.

Good to see the UK learning from past mistakes and acting ahead of time which they didn't do with India and Delta. Low bar to clear but hey.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

New variant originating in Botswana has quickly become the dominant strain there and in parts of South Africa. Suggestion it has advantages in evading the vaccine and immune responses even over the Delta variant. Early days, hopefully just a blip but one to keep an eye on.

Good to see the UK learning from past mistakes and acting ahead of time which they didn't do with India and Delta. Low bar to clear but hey.

Obligatory. 

31ejry.png