talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I had a conversation with my mate the other day who doesnt think covid is real. Which is ridiculous itself because it would take the cooperation of tens of thousands of people and there is no way it wouldn't  be exposed. 

He isnt vaccinated but said he would get vaccinated if he had to to go to Thailand. That seems really odd to me because if I thought covid wasnt real theres no way I would get a vaccine . Ridiculous logic. 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I had a conversation with my mate the other day who doesnt think covid is real. He isnt vaccinated but said he would get vaccinated if he had to to go to Thailand. That seems really odd to me because if I thought covid wasnt real theres no way I would get a vaccine 

Maybe he can only bang ladyboys if he's vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Maybe he can only bang ladyboys if he's vaccinated. 

Lol. The point is mate is his logic is ridiculous. I added to the previous post a bit 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

His love for Thailand is clearly stronger than his COVID beliefs. Makes perfect sense to me xD

😂 In all seriousness though this is the issue of have with people like that. They think they are right and everyone else is stupid but then they use ridiculous logic like that and expect people to take them seriously 

• Subscriber

It's nice to see this thread being quiet for 5 days but I'm going to be the cunt that brings it back up.

Seems that the slightly different "Omicron B" is giving the virus another little peak. We've got about 1800 active cases over here again which is around 2% of the population.

This variant isn't significantly different apparently in terms of risk profile. It's still causing us some trouble as it burns through schools again. One of our secondary school had to send some year groups home again this week because so many teachers have Covid and it's still legally required to self-isolate. Hopefully when that's scrapped and people stop testing and stuff, the symptoms are so mild that even if people go to work and spread the virus around, that they'll barely know or notice that they've got it.

I still haven't caught Covid once, incredibly. Starting to feel like one of the last people who is in that boat.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I still haven't caught Covid once, incredibly. Starting to feel like one of the last people who is in that boat.

Don't be too sure. I've had it three weeks ago and literally didn't feel a thing, the only reason I know is because I had to take a PCR test for travel related reasons. Did another one straight after getting a positive result as I thought it's false, and it was positive too. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Don't be too sure. I've had it three weeks ago and literally didn't feel a thing, the only reason I know is because I had to take a PCR test for travel related reasons. Did another one straight after getting a positive result as I thought it's false, and it was positive too. 

As far as me and the wife know we have never caught it but mind you we have never took a test so if we did have it anytime we are the last people to know.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

I still take regular flow tests but yeah one of my friends had it recently and never tested positive off a flow test, but she was symptomatic and it showed up on a PCR test. Others have thought they had it and tested negative on LFTs for a few days before it finally showed up too.

• 2 weeks later...

I was speaking to my dad. It seems as if my mum and dad are gonna keep carrying on the way they are for as long as covid is around. Which basically means the rest of their lives as they are 64. My mum is less extreme than my dad but my dad has had his hair cut by my mum for the last two years. He generally avoids going inside buildings so no pubs. Also I have to take a covid test everytime I go over and he has to see it. Which is obsessive because he has even said he trusts me to be honest so why does he have to see it? 

It's quite upsetting really as this will probably shorten their lives 

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I was speaking to my dad. It seems as if my mum and dad are gonna keep carrying on the way they are for as long as covid is around. Which basically means the rest of their lives as they are 64. My mum is less extreme than my dad but my dad has had his hair cut by my mum for the last two years. He generally avoids going inside buildings so no pubs. Also I have to take a covid test everytime I go over and he has to see it. Which is obsessive because he has even said he trusts me to be honest so why does he have to see it? 

It's quite upsetting really as this will probably shorten their lives 

Does he go grocery shopping at all?

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Does he go grocery shopping at all?

I think he avoids all inside stuff when possible. My dad is not a logical thinker. Hes even admitted it. Anxiety is tough I know that I have it. But you have to know when you are being irrational.  A lot of it is because he has copd which is a lung condition. However there has to be some perspective. I get very irritated because I like to be logical. I dont always manage it but I try to be when possible 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think he avoids all inside stuff when possible. My dad is not a logical thinker. Hes even admitted it. Anxiety is tough I know that I have it. But you have to know when you are being irrational.  A lot of it is because he has copd which is a lung condition. However there has to be some perspective. I get very irritated because I like to be logical. I dont always manage it but I try to be when possible 

Sounds like he needs an intervention. 😬