talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

29 minutes ago, Devil said:

My cousin.

He's basically alienated himself from a large part of our family because he's 100% convinced its made up.

He posts stuff on Facebook that you'd think was written for a science fiction movie and claims its real but refuses to believe covid is real.

It's actually divided families Covid.

It's actually caused a few arguments with me and my dad but for different reasons.  My dad has gone very OTT with covid. It has had an affect on me because I've not been able to see my mum. Which has caused arguments. I'm very careful with  covid, never stopped wearing my mask, supported measures to control it. However he has completely let it take it over his life. Even my auntie who has cancer and very bad anxiety thinks he is  being to extreme. Hes actually lost touch with reality a bit. For example I have to take a lateral flow test before I come in. Which is fine I dont mind that. But I have to send him a text with the result. Even though he thinks I wont lie and he cant explain why he has to see it I still have to send him it. He cant just trust what I say. I even pointed out i could just resend an old picture but I still have to do it. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge what's the confusion?

The whole situation you described in your post. To be honest, I couldn't decide if "sad", "wow", "confused" or "facepalm" would be the most fitting reaction to that, as it has a bit of it all 😅

Just now, nudge said:

The whole situation you described in your post. To be honest, I couldn't decide if "sad", "wow", "confused" or "facepalm" would be the most fitting reaction to that, as it has a bit of it all 😅

What do you mean with having to show my dad the test?

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah. 

I did say he had lost touch with reality. I get quite frustrated because I know he is doing exactly what you shouldnt do when  you are anxious. At the same time he has never worried about a lot of stuff. So this kind of anxiety is new to him and you generally dont know what is rational and what isnt at the beginning 

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's actually caused a few arguments with me and my dad but for different reasons.  My dad has gone very OTT with covid. It has had an affect on me because I've not been able to see my mum. Which has caused arguments. I'm very careful with  covid, never stopped wearing my mask, supported measures to control it. However he has completely let it take it over his life. Even my auntie who has cancer and very bad anxiety thinks he is  being to extreme. Hes actually lost touch with reality a bit. For example I have to take a lateral flow test before I come in. Which is fine I dont mind that. But I have to send him a text with the result. Even though he thinks I wont lie and he cant explain why he has to see it I still have to send him it. He cant just trust what I say. I even pointed out i could just resend an old picture but I still have to do it. 

Must be pretty stressful and annoying that.

In terms of my cousin he's posted stuff on Facebook and people have replied with stories or how they'd spent time in hospital on ventilators, one even posted a picture of himself attached a ventilator and told him he'd was within minutes of having it switched off. 

He still refused to believe it was real and insisted he'd unfortunately caught the common flu.

It's really exposed the mentally weak this virus.

5 hours ago, Devil said:

Anyone had any long term effects from Covid?

It took me near 5 weeks to get the sense of taste back but I've since not been able to stomach any sort of table sauce. Mustards and Horseradish being the worst, they basically taste like I'm eating chemicals and it ruins whatever I'm eating.

My missus' grandad had it last year and he won't drink coffee anymore because he can't stand the taste.

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My mate last night said he doesn't believe covid is real. I pointed out to him that surely it was more likely covid was real that all the governments thousands of scientists, and doctors are all lying. But he still thinks that. Hes actually a very irresponsible person who never sees his kids and should be in jail for growing cannabis. What are other peoples experiences with these covid deniers? Are they normally like that?

Sounds like you need new mates.

In all seriousness I don't know anyone who's a denier. I remember having a conversation with someone in a smoking area of a pub who was chatting shit but just told him to fuck off

My state has taken a hard stance on it, so we’ve never really had much of an outbreak (until next month when it’s business as pre COVID). However, we are having an increasing amount of people say it’s just the “common cold”, “I have an immune system”, “vaccines aren’t working” etc etc. tbh there’s two teachers at my school who are basically like this and they claim to be pro choice (we have some pretty intense mandates on vaccines but that’s another story…) yet when asked about covid (or on their Facebook page) they’re not pro choice they’re actually down the rabbit hole…. Saying all the conspiracy nonsense as well as supporting and following these alternative opinions on the science. One teacher has in fact taken the year off basically because she doesn’t want the vaccine. Anyway not exactly the question asked about deniers however I’d say… some of these people spouting on social media don’t believe it’s even a thing. There was one bloke I knew from a long time ago, and in 2020 he basically said it’s not a thing. I hope he’s changed his mind.

• Subscriber

I remain cautiously optimistic that this is looking like a last hurrah for the virus in terms of widespread impact on society. It's not going to be an easy few weeks though and I feel as if the pressures on the NHS this time around are being swept under the carpet somewhat by a lot of the media. 

Schools are going to be a problem as well. I'm fully expecting to finally catch Covid in the form of Omicron at some point between now and Easter and with the high level of staff absence I'm braced for this to be the hardest 6-12 weeks yet, which I don't say lightly. 

I'm starting to rich that point where I don't know how many times we can go back to the well and rally ourselves again. For two years now, we've been looking at the next half-term or term and accepting that it's going to be the hardest one yet (and the job wasn't exactly a stroll in the park before the pandemic). I really hope this is the last time. The constant cycle of covering for absent colleagues, making sure work is provided for absent students, making sure those that have missed two weeks have got all the resources they need to catch up, dealing with constant changes in mitigations and having to try to encourage teenagers to follow them. The most demoralising part is how many times we've believed that we're on the path back to normality only for things to take another turn for the worse. September 2020 I was laughing at some of my chancers who were gambling on not working that hard because they might get 'given' their results for Summer 2021 without sitting their exams and look what happened.

Other people have it worse, just a few personal thoughts and experiences... I didn't know where else to post really, but yeah, hopefully this is the last big round of complications.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Even the Guardian are now getting in on the 'we have to live with it"

How many lives have been destroyed for people to come around to what we have been saying since the start? The damage has already been done. 

Its ridiculous how you are ignoring the fact that the lockdowns have saved 100s of thousands of lives in Britain alone. Millions world wide. 

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Wow. My blood is on fire. Honestly, this is fucking dreadful. Genuinely have no idea how we’re going to look after three kids tomorrow. I feel like I’m getting 5 minutes of sleep/dozing, then waking up confused and in pain. 

Have you had your jabs mate?? 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yes mate. Fuck knows how bad it is without.

That's what I was curious about... I know the jabs don't stop you getting it but the symptoms are supposed to be much less severe.. Sounds like you are struggling... My mate had it and he struggled with it as well and he was also double jabbed.. Hope it eases off mate.. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Even the Guardian are now getting in on the 'we have to live with it"

How many lives have been destroyed for people to come around to what we have been saying since the start? The damage has already been done. 

10 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The doomongers are conspicuous by their absence. 

Will they answer for the decades if pain that lockdowns will cause? 

The doom mongering is out in force this morning from where I'm sitting.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Wow. My blood is on fire. Honestly, this is fucking dreadful. Genuinely have no idea how we’re going to look after three kids tomorrow. I feel like I’m getting 5 minutes of sleep/dozing, then waking up confused and in pain. 

Hope you feel better soon mate. 

• Like 1