talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Wow. My blood is on fire. Honestly, this is fucking dreadful. Genuinely have no idea how we’re going to look after three kids tomorrow. I feel like I’m getting 5 minutes of sleep/dozing, then waking up confused and in pain. 

Sounds awful, hope you get better soon! 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Also, an interesting thing from recent Omicron research: two studies (one from University of Edinburgh, the other from the State Serum Institute in Denmark) observed significantly negative vaccine effectiveness against infection (-70%) and symptomatic disease (-22%) in individuals who received two jabs more than 25 weeks ago (so, last jab 6+ months ago and no booster since then). Obviously needs more research as those were observational studies, but it's intriguing because that was not the case with Delta, not in a single study.

Edited by nudge

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Wow. My blood is on fire. Honestly, this is fucking dreadful. Genuinely have no idea how we’re going to look after three kids tomorrow. I feel like I’m getting 5 minutes of sleep/dozing, then waking up confused and in pain. 

FFS, hope you get better soon, I can't say watch United play and that will make you feel better .......:eek:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sounds absolutely awful. Hope you feel better soon! 

Yesterday I learned that a friend of mine, who is 20ish years old had Covid in December. He still hasn't fully regained his sense of smell and taste, and he's still easily out of breath, even tho he's young and athletic. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2022 at 04:04, DeadLinesman said:

Like me you clearly have a bad case of it, it really is dependant on the person in my opinion.

The days usually started off with me feeling achy but a bit of energy but by midday I was exhausted and lay on the sofa coughing constantly. It got to the point I'd fear coughing as it felt horrific on my lungs and it felt like it hurt my heart.

Hopefully you are through the worst of it now but if not get well soon mate, anyone playing this thing down don't know how bad it actually is.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

I've recently had it. I had no symptoms at all and only got tested as my mother had it and I'd been in contact with her.

I'm back at work Monday and don't need to self isolate now.

Either I'm one of those asymptomatic people or the 8,555 vaccines I've had in the last 6 months are effective.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Subscriber

https://www.axios.com/cdc-omicron-death-delta-variant-covid-959f1e3a-b09c-4d31-820c-90071f8e7a4f.html

Fantastic news, and another confirmation for initial data from South Africa.

53% reduction in risk of hospitalisation, 70% reduction in length of hospitalisation, 74% reduction in risk for ICU, and 91% reduction in risk of death. Large study sample with varied demographics, too. Over 52000 Omicron patients in the study, and none needed mechanical ventilation!

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hope you're feeling at least a bit better today @DeadLinesman - sounds like your go of having the disease is significantly more shit than mine. Hope you make a full recovery ASAP and you don't get fucked with the long covid

Cheers mate. A lot better now but my sinus’ are completely fucked. Still got a headache and basically out of breath climbing the stairs (but recover really quickly). I am a fat cunt though.

• Subscriber
On 01/01/2022 at 17:06, Gunnersauraus said:

It's actually caused a few arguments with me and my dad but for different reasons.  My dad has gone very OTT with covid. It has had an affect on me because I've not been able to see my mum. Which has caused arguments. I'm very careful with  covid, never stopped wearing my mask, supported measures to control it. However he has completely let it take it over his life. Even my auntie who has cancer and very bad anxiety thinks he is  being to extreme. Hes actually lost touch with reality a bit. For example I have to take a lateral flow test before I come in. Which is fine I dont mind that. But I have to send him a text with the result. Even though he thinks I wont lie and he cant explain why he has to see it I still have to send him it. He cant just trust what I say. I even pointed out i could just resend an old picture but I still have to do it. 

Sorry, I know it's your Dad, but he's got far bigger issues than what covid could ever cause him. Some people have totally lost their minds here. Absolute insanity and I think he'll likely look back and laugh about it one day. For his own sake you've got to try and convince him this is wrong.

The government and media have a lot to answer for - and we've had it relatively good over here. Absolutely depressing what it's done to some. I'll never be able to fathom it.

Edited by Dan

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Facts are facts no matter who presents them

Facts are defined by reliable sources. Anyone can say anything and call it a fact. Farage has a track record of saying many things, lots of opinions, plenty of falsehoods, and occasionally but rarely facts. I've not watched the video to be honest because even if what he says is evidently true, there's a very good chance that it isn't based on his track record making it a waste of my time. I'm sure if it's important and factual I'll hear the same thing from plenty of credible sources over the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Facts are defined by reliable sources. Anyone can say anything and call it a fact. Farage has a track record of saying many things, lots of opinions, plenty of falsehoods, and occasionally but rarely facts. I've not watched the video to be honest because even if what he says is evidently true, there's a very good chance that it isn't based on his track record making it a waste of my time. I'm sure if it's important and factual I'll hear the same thing from plenty of credible sources over the coming weeks.

This is from the freedom of information request put in to the office of national statistics  ..The time for "debate" is over - NOW is the time for holding the people who have used blatantly misused statistics as a method of coercion to be held to account, it's time for you all to wake up