talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Seen Pogba was making comments about his future yesterday and how his time at Man Utd hasn't satisfied him. Surely this lad is in "I'll drive him there myself" territory for the majority of Man Utd fans now?

He's the absolute epitome of everything that's gone wrong for them since the Ferguson era. Signed for his brand and a cheap hashtag. Does his job for about half the season with half a dozen genuinely world class appearances sprinkled about in there. Missing for the other half, either literally due to injury, or figuratively because he isn't performing, with the latter scenario usually greeted with some sort of cringe Instagram statement "hitting back" at his critics and claiming that he's "fighting harder than I ever have every day for the shirt".

I can't think of a bigger poster boy for a football club's issues than Paul Pogba. Martial was bad, not quite in the same league as Pogba though, at least they've managed to get shot of him. Massive fee, massive ego and a fraction of the footballing talent and work rate you'd need to justify either. Wouldn't last five minutes at Man City or Liverpool without a personality transplant. If I was a Man Utd fan, I'd despise the bloke. In fact, I already dislike him a lot just because of the type of modern day footballer he represents. PSG come sniffing around with a decent-sized wedge I'd bite their hands off if I was them.

was AWOL on the field against City again, and when Liverpool give them another paddling he will be nowhere again.    I can't believe goldridge put him as a walk in to the Liverpool team.    there is no chance

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1507856401732886542?s=20&t=uFKqunXB2UuC0mS8zm_UdA

despite all the silverware won the man United fans think the glazers are the worst owners.   interestingly enough Mike Ashley was in 19th place and he had good reason to be hated.  there is not a football fan in england that will want Mike Ashley to run their club.

I don't see the glazers as the problem but rather those running the club that spent stupid money on bad signings.    

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1507856401732886542?s=20&t=uFKqunXB2UuC0mS8zm_UdA

despite all the silverware won the man United fans think the glazers are the worst owners.   interestingly enough Mike Ashley was in 19th place and he had good reason to be hated.  there is not a football fan in england that will want Mike Ashley to run their club.

I don't see the glazers as the problem but rather those running the club that spent stupid money on bad signings.    

But according to all the media, your lot hated Ashley simply because he was southern. :ph34r:

This will be a big step up for ten Hag managing one of the biggest clubs in the Premier league. The pressure will be on him to achieve in a very strong and competitive league. A much harder challenge compared to the success he had managing Ajax and Utrecht in the much weaker Dutch league.

16 hours ago, Michael said:

This will be a big step up for ten Hag managing one of the biggest clubs in the Premier league. The pressure will be on him to achieve in a very strong and competitive league. A much harder challenge compared to the success he had managing Ajax and Utrecht in the much weaker Dutch league.

In a sense, yes - but in another sense, he's better suited than a lot of managers to take over a big side having achieved success with Ajax. They're not as big as United, but they're the biggest club in Holland and managing big clubs comes with some additional requirements for managers: expectation is much higher and the media scrutiny is more intense.

Aside from looking like he's got the goods tactically, I think his time at Ajax is fairly good preparation for his future at United.

I just think United fans and the board will need to show some patience with him. It looks like it took him a few months to really get going at Ajax - and out of this current United squad, I think he'll want to be replacing a lot of players to get them playing in his style. United can probably afford to sell a shitload of players and buy a whole new team - but there's also issues in doing that as well with team chemistry and whatnot.

I think he might get a season (or two) to really get going - and I dunno if United really have that kind of patience with a manager that's not one of their own like Solkjaer was. But they've needed some sort of long term vision for a while now and I think if they stick with him they'll end up a very good side in a few seasons.

• Upvote 1

watching goldbridges podcast, he is correct in that there is a deep lying cancer in man United and it may take a lot of turn over and time to rebuild.

man United have the third oldest squad which is a recipe to disaster.

Wan Bissanka

Tellez

lindeloff

McGuire

mctomminay

Fred

lingard

Matic

Mata

rashford

cavani

martial

all need to be moved on

On 09/04/2022 at 01:35, Redcanuck said:

It's rumored that Mason Greenwood will find out in a few days if he will be charged with rape.  So if charges are dropped does he suit up for training right away?

Can't see greenwood playing again this season even if charges are dropped 

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

watching goldbridges podcast, he is correct in that there is a deep lying cancer in man United and it may take a lot of turn over and time to rebuild.

man United have the third oldest squad which is a recipe to disaster.

Wan Bissanka

Tellez

lindeloff

McGuire

mctomminay

Fred

lingard

Matic

Mata

rashford

cavani

martial

all need to be moved on

Rashford if he sorts himself out still got something to offer united. 

1 minute ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Can't see greenwood playing again this season even if charges are dropped 

Rashford if he sorts himself out still got something to offer united. 

that list contains players that are

1) over the hill

2) need a change of scenery 

3) ego greater than ability

4) mid table caliber at best.

On 08/04/2022 at 17:35, Redcanuck said:

It's rumored that Mason Greenwood will find out in a few days if he will be charged with rape.  So if charges are dropped does he suit up for training right away?

I doubt he ever plays in the top flight again.

On 10/04/2022 at 01:42, Sean the ginger 1 said:

If rashford wants out let him go. 

I think out of the current crop of players, sensible people running United would/should be letting anyone who wants to go out of the club - except De Gea. No player is bigger than the club and these players are delusional if they think they're not a serious part of the problem at what's wrong at United. Too many egos and too little effort being put in.

And the excuses given for these players is outrageous - they can always hide behind a manager for their absolute lack of effort. The latest excuse given now is "they know Rangnick's temporary so they're not motivated to play for him" - yeah he's temporary as manager... he's still sticking around at United to give guidance and will be making recommendations to the new manager based off his experience managing them in the interim.

I don't care how talented a player is on paper... anyone not willing to put in the minimum effort to fight for their club is a player that's not doing enough. It's fine and dandy to blame a manager, but when you go through a shitload of managers and things remain the same or get worse... it's time to look beyond the manager.

The people above the manager at United have been clueless for years and the players under the manager have been putting in shifts that don't match their big egos and big paychecks. Any manager would struggle, they need a big clearout of some of the more toxic elements of their dressing room.

So any player that wants to leave, United should be happy to show them the exit door and get ready for a serious rebuild... if they want to be good any time soon again. It reminds me of us in the 90s tbh.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I doubt he ever plays in the top flight again.

I think out of the current crop of players, sensible people running United would/should be letting anyone who wants to go out of the club - except De Gea. No player is bigger than the club and these players are delusional if they think they're not a serious part of the problem at what's wrong at United. Too many egos and too little effort being put in.

And the excuses given for these players is outrageous - they can always hide behind a manager for their absolute lack of effort. The latest excuse given now is "they know Rangnick's temporary so they're not motivated to play for him" - yeah he's temporary as manager... he's still sticking around at United to give guidance and will be making recommendations to the new manager based off his experience managing them in the interim.

I don't care how talented a player is on paper... anyone not willing to put in the minimum effort to fight for their club is a player that's not doing enough. It's fine and dandy to blame a manager, but when you go through a shitload of managers and things remain the same or get worse... it's time to look beyond the manager.

The people above the manager at United have been clueless for years and the players under the manager have been putting in shifts that don't match their big egos and big paychecks. Any manager would struggle, they need a big clearout of some of the more toxic elements of their dressing room.

So any player that wants to leave, United should be happy to show them the exit door and get ready for a serious rebuild... if they want to be good any time soon again. It reminds me of us in the 90s tbh.

I don't see enough players really hurting and ripping into each other at any point when coming off the pitch seems like these days they get out worked by most teams. Totally by Watford and Everton. 

How many of them players would get into a city or Liverpool team. 

Some of them players have been given chances under 2 or 3 managers and constantly under perform. Or is that really all they've got. 

To me united need to offload at least 7 of them in or around the squad. 

They come up with the same hot air on social media and makes promises they can't keep. 

9 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Fair for being able to listen to him. I find him one of the biggest 🛎 🔚 out there and don't care how important he thinks he is because he got a "big following" 

Contradicts himself massively too week in week out 

His funniest gaffs was that time on Sky's talk program when they played Liverpool and were deciding how many United players will get into the Liverpool team.   He picked;

De Gea

Verane

Pogba

Bruno Fernandes

Ronaldo

Man United went on to get pummeled and he has finally realised that maybe only Ronaldo could get into City or Liverpool. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

His funniest gaffs was that time on Sky's talk program when they played Liverpool and were deciding how many United players will get into the Liverpool team.   He picked;

De Gea

Verane

Pogba

Bruno Fernandes

Ronaldo

Man United went on to get pummeled and he has finally realised that maybe only Ronaldo could get into City or Liverpool. 

Old Ronaldo yes 💯 % this current one who's declined. Not a chance 

What do you reckon. 

I'm not a Ronaldo hater either. Like I've said elsewhere on this board. I like united and want them to do well apart from if you play Burnley and actually been to a number of United games down the years. 

Best one was beating roma 7~1.. 

Worst getting smashed 1~6 off city at home 

Just now, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Old Ronaldo yes 💯 % this current one who's declined. Not a chance 

What do you reckon. 

I'm not a Ronaldo hater either. Like I've said elsewhere on this board. I like united and want them to do well apart from if you play Burnley and actually been to a number of United games down the years. 

Best one was beating roma 7~1.. 

Worst getting smashed 1~6 off city at home 

I think current Ronaldo could probably still get a good amount of goals in the current City side. They're full of creators and he's a good person to have on the end of chances. But I don't think he'd play as much as he'd like - I think in some matches, Pep would prefer having 10 outfield players that can press and Ronaldo's not the kind of player you'd want pressing hard for 90 minutes at his current age.

I don't think he'd do well with us in his current state. Being able to press high up the pitch for 90 minutes is sort of the minimum expected requirement of our front 3. I'd take Bruno Fernandes, at least as a squad player, though. I think he's the one player that could actually fit in pretty well with our side. Everyone else, I wouldn't even consider. Especially not Pogba, he's got the completely wrong attitude for any side that's hoping to go toe to toe with an opponent like City.

De Gea's not a bad keeper, but in 2022 I think anyone takes Alisson over him without even thinking about it. So that's maybe Goldbridge's funniest shout.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think current Ronaldo could probably still get a good amount of goals in the current City side. They're full of creators and he's a good person to have on the end of chances. But I don't think he'd play as much as he'd like - I think in some matches, Pep would prefer having 10 outfield players that can press and Ronaldo's not the kind of player you'd want pressing hard for 90 minutes at his current age.

I don't think he'd do well with us in his current state. Being able to press high up the pitch for 90 minutes is sort of the minimum expected requirement of our front 3. I'd take Bruno Fernandes, at least as a squad player, though. I think he's the one player that could actually fit in pretty well with our side. Everyone else, I wouldn't even consider. Especially not Pogba, he's got the completely wrong attitude for any side that's hoping to go toe to toe with an opponent like City.

De Gea's not a bad keeper, but in 2022 I think anyone takes Alisson over him without even thinking about it. So that's maybe Goldbridge's funniest shout.

Degea for me been united best player by some distance. 

Ralf had a reputation for pressing football. 

They couldn't press a shirt 👚... 😔. To me that's down to the players not him and a reason they need shipping out ASAP. 

👋 

They should be buzzing to be at at team like united size or club and everything. 

• Upvote 1