talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

United need a "rebuild" to coin a baseball term.   Arsenal have done it and starting to bear fruit but the United team is full of troubled youth and ego vets, you would think your was Harlem United.

just stay away from Amadou Haidara, he will look better in Black and White

It was only a couple of months back I was saying that Poch would be dying to get the Utd job, because there are plenty of very talented players in that squad. And I still think that they are very talented, but you can’t ignore the fact that there is something massively wrong going on in that dressing room. Talk all you want about the problems from top to bottom at the club, but when we get to the squad, we see players like Sancho, Ronaldo, Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba, Shaw, Varane, De Gea etc. Those players are good enough to be thrashing Middlesbrough, yet they end up dumped out of the FA cup last night. 

I’m not sure I would want this job if I’m Poch. It just seems like a poisoned chalice, completely toxic in that dressing room. Unless he is given full reign to bin off the problems and bring in his own signing and given a long contract then I would say to him don’t bother if you’re wanting to build a team. If you want a good payday, take the contract but a long term project it isn’t. 

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think team spirit is shocking there. You have way too many ego's at a club that as much as I hate to say, is the biggest club in the country. And they are all pulling in seperate directions.

The club used to carry an aura about it, especially when Fergie was there but equally that was because the players respected their manager.

I think the problem these days are that players don't appreciate the magnitude of playing for club that size and the responsibility/burden that comes with playing for a club like that. Its not just any club, you are consistantly under the spotlight, every performance praised or scrutinised. And some of these players don't have the character to handle it.

You got players like Pogba who clashes with Mourinho and Solskjaer and rather than players back the manager, they back their mate and immediately the manager has lost the respect. That should never be the case.

It won't have got any better in there with Ronaldo either.

Only have to look at recent weeks and see the likes of Martial and Lingard being called out by Rangnick. From what I can see, the coach has been quite open and honest and calling out the sulky players.

Maybe this goes to show just how much player power is at the club?

The culture needs to change there and they need to create a never say die team spirit like they had with Fergie. Maybe that comes with a top level manager, we'll see but they certainly could do with removing the egotistical cunts that think they are bigger than the club.

Build the club around the youth and players that understand how big the club and what's required to make it there.

• Upvote 1

Roy Keane up to being his usual classy self blaming the defeat on Dean Henderson,  calling him awful.    Man United are now a poison chalice,  where the toxicity on the field is met with the toxicity off the pitch.     They really need a reset,  clear out everything.   The problem is nobody will want their old overpaid players.    

• Upvote 1

One player enraged at the "treatment" of Greenwood because it shows the squad "aren't together". No, listen you little scum rat, the biggest issue here is rape, sexual assault, domestic violence and threats to kill not your little wickle baby ego.

Solskjaer has to be the worst manager they ever had, or at least one of them. For months, we were treated to his sycophantic mates in the media telling us that he's bought back the team spirit to the club and got a bunch of likable players. You look at it now and that's utterly laughable. He's left the squad in a worse state than Mourinho did but at least Mourinho won something.

Whoever takes it in summer has a ridiculous job, turning this around.

41 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

One player enraged at the "treatment" of Greenwood because it shows the squad "aren't together". No, listen you little scum rat, the biggest issue here is rape, sexual assault, domestic violence and threats to kill not your little wickle baby ego.

Solskjaer has to be the worst manager they ever had, or at least one of them. For months, we were treated to his sycophantic mates in the media telling us that he's bought back the team spirit to the club and got a bunch of likable players. You look at it now and that's utterly laughable. He's left the squad in a worse state than Mourinho did but at least Mourinho won something.

Whoever takes it in summer has a ridiculous job, turning this around.

Dunno how you’re blaming Solskjaer for Greenwood being a violent rapist xD

Guy was out of his depth for sure and United gave him far too much money (which tbf he spent on players that are almost universally highly rated) - but it’s a bit fucked to put rapes at his doorstep.

Everything I’ve seen has shown United are on the same page as pretty much everyone else in the world with this horrific news - but some at the club are distraught that someone they all knew (some of them since he was 6) was a monster in his private life.

I’ve seen nothing that indicates any teammates think the club need to stand by him

I've always felt Pogba was too laid back at Utd treating it like a holiday camp and have the feeling he is now shocked there are no big money moves for him to go to Spain or Italy.

Fernandes's form has dropped and Fred is not favoured.

Is Rangnick brave enough or even authorised sufficiently to make drastic changes if not Utd may struggle.

Will be interesting to see what changes occur over the next couple of months. 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Dunno how you’re blaming Solskjaer for Greenwood being a violent rapist xD

Guy was out of his depth for sure and United gave him far too much money (which tbf he spent on players that are almost universally highly rated) - but it’s a bit fucked to put rapes at his doorstep.

Everything I’ve seen has shown United are on the same page as pretty much everyone else in the world with this horrific news - but some at the club are distraught that someone they all knew (some of them since he was 6) was a monster in his private life.

I’ve seen nothing that indicates any teammates think the club need to stand by him

I'm not blaming Solskjaer for Greenwood's actions. Although "nice guy" Ole does have history in protecting people accused of henious offences:

https://thefootballdugout.com/2020/02/18/how-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-protected-a-rapist/

Obviously, what Greenwood and Sarr are alleged to have done is not his fault.

You're probably right about most of United but it's being reported that there is a split and one player is angry that they've cast him out.

Former Manchester United winger Daniel James has revealed that he had never experienced such informative training sessions until completing a move to Leeds United in the summer transfer window. James has revealed how much he has learned from Marcelo Bielsa’s training methods, implying that the sessions United put on at Carrington were far from the same standard.

man United are not an erling Haaland away from being good.  he will be just another player and possible ego into an ego war.   

man u need to reboot, while Mata and Matic have been great servants to the game, neither offer close to their pay grade at their age, Ronaldo is the football version of Albert Pujols where man United are paying for diminishing performance and it's a big wage for negative gains.

then there is the bad egos which seems to levitate around Paul pogba.   

man u need to purge but will the demanding fan base tolerate it

• Upvote 1