• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think the best thing to do personally is to points per game it and then anything that’s not fully agreed upon set up a series of play offs before the new season starts

Points per game isn’t fair though either - can only speak for us but we’ve played all the other big clubs and Leicester away from home, we’ve still got crucial games against Arsenal, Manchester United, Leicester at the Lane.

27 minutes ago, Storts said:

Points per game isn’t fair though either - can only speak for us but we’ve played all the other big clubs and Leicester away from home, we’ve still got crucial games against Arsenal, Manchester United, Leicester at the Lane.

Are you really gunna achieve anything this season?

What else can you do to end the season other than ppg?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Are you really gunna achieve anything this season?

What else can you do to end the season other than ppg?

We could get back into the European places yes. Those three games are pretty important to our season and we are at a massive disadvantage having played all of our games against the good teams away from home. 

Who knows but PPG would be open to legal challenge as well 

PPG isn't flawless, there are stipulations of course, but in the current climate, it is the best available answer besides just pausing everything till its safe to restart where it left.

Don't understand the rush me, but if they feel they really have to get it done by a certain timeline, I feel like it's their only answer personally.

And with the greatest of respects, whilst teams can argue they have extra games to do this or that and improve their fortunes, we've played around 80% of the season so they are where they are for a reason.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

PPG isn't flawless, there are stipulations of course, but in the current climate, it is the best available answer besides just pausing everything till its safe to restart where it left.

Don't understand the rush me, but if they feel they really have to get it done by a certain timeline, I feel like it's their only answer personally.

And with the greatest of respects, whilst teams can argue they have extra games to do this or that and improve their fortunes, we've played around 80% of the season so they are where they are for a reason.

Said the same few days ago. PPG is the only and the best option.

Apparently the bottom 6 are open to playing in neutral venues if relegation is off the table. But if relegation is off the table, I don’t see a point in taking the risk in resuming the season during a pandemic.

I agree with @Lucas, PPG is flawed but it’s probably the safest and way to figure out what to do with the season and buy more time for football to figure out how to resume once countries have a better handle on the virus. The rush to resume is going to get some people very sick and maybe kill people. And PPG allows for promotion and relegation, it seems ridiculous that 3 of the 6 teams that want the season just voided get to benefit with an other year of premier league revenues that in a normal world they would not be entitled to. And it seems ridiculous to deny teams that would otherwise have been promoted.

• Administrator

Anyone seen Brighton's remaining fixtures? No wonder they're shit scared of playing. Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester all still to play...

On 05/05/2020 at 23:06, Dan said:

Am I the only one who is at a loss to see what the benefit of neutral venues is? Is it just less travelling? Surely by default that's absolute bullshit anyway and really won't make that big a difference?

Don't say that Stan will ban you

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Storts said:

:D

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So the season will not be void under any circumstances! 

What an anti climax. Fuck corona you cunt. 

If it's voided though it'd have definitely meant you didn't win the league?

With no voiding happening, you at least get the confirmation of it being won. 

Just now, Stan said:

If it's voided though it'd have definitely meant you didn't win the league?

With no voiding happening, you at least get the confirmation of it being won. 

The moment has gone mate, the celebrations are mooted. No celebrations, no glory. Nothing. 

30 years waiting and our title win is surrounded with death and misery. Nobody will ever remember Liverpool winning the title in 2020. All that will be remembered is a global virus that fucked up peoples lives. 

Rather not won it to be honest Stan. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Rather not won it to be honest Stan. 

Yeah I still find this weird xD 

You say you've waited 30 years and now you get to finally win the title (under weird circumstances, I know) and you don't want it xD 

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah I still find this weird xD 

You say you've waited 30 years and now you get to finally win the title (under weird circumstances, I know) and you don't want it xD 

Rather win it with everything that goes with it mate. All this title means to me is that the record books will now state 19 league wins instead of 18. That's all. 

Obviously it’s be better to win in a normal season, lifting the trophy in front of the fans who’ve waited decades, seeing the parade we’ve all waited decades for.

On the other hand, I’m just looking forward to the season resuming and us most likely winning the fucking thing, because we’ve been so good and everyone else has been delightfully shit.

Looks like we’ll get to see the rest of the season played at the normal grounds. So hopefully that means West Ham and Brighton will be able to get relegated in their stadium, for sporting integrity, as they wished.

Guidelines for teams returning to training.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52635005

Tackling will be banned, pitches disinfected and players restricted to groups of five when the Premier League starts a first phase of team training.

Official protocols sent to players and managers on Tuesday and obtained by the BBC reveal that social distancing must be "strictly observed".

Corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces will be disinfected after each session.

League bosses hope training can begin on Monday, restricted to 75 minutes.

Ongoing surveillance measures included in further guidance include twice-weekly testing, and a daily pre-training questionnaire and temperature check.

• Administrator

Lol what 

Players get slaughtered for not being in control when tackling (even though they probably are). Now told to look away xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665805

Government give go-ahead for safe restart in June. 

Just about to post that and you beat me to it and I was going to add, will footballers be told not to spit on the ground or blow their noses on the pitch? this is a normal reaction from sportsmen football, rugby etc, curious one this. :35_thinking: 

Archived