• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Joey Barton wading in with a stupid point now saying that if Glenn Murray or Troy Deeney don’t want to play then Brighton and Watford have young players they can play instead. He’s a proper thicko, isn’t he?

He certainly has missed the point.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Goalgoalabc said:

"The Premier League clubs hope it will be at their own stadiums"

I think this is impossible:thumbdown:

Ahhh...another United supporter amongst us, welcome aboard @Goalgoalabc, the more the merrier, keep posting and why not pop into here and tell us a little bit more about yourself if you want. :ay:

On 12/05/2020 at 11:10, LFCMadLad said:

The moment has gone mate, the celebrations are mooted. No celebrations, no glory. Nothing. 

30 years waiting and our title win is surrounded with death and misery. Nobody will ever remember Liverpool winning the title in 2020. All that will be remembered is a global virus that fucked up peoples lives. 

Rather not won it to be honest Stan. 

I think we would of caught you anyway mate to be honest    ..on a side note, this morning its being reported that the virus is climbing and close to being out of control so football might not resume

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I think we would of caught you anyway mate to be honest    ..on a side note, this morning its being reported that the virus is climbing and close to being out of control so football might not resume

Out of control? Think we're passed that point, no. Hence the 'peak' being in April?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Out of control? Think we're passed that point, no. Hence the 'peak' being in April?

There is every chance there could be a 'second peak'. Experts (LOL) are saying it could be worse than the first. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

There is every chance there could be a 'second peak'. Experts (LOL) are saying it could be worse than the first. 

Yes, 'could be'. But Happy Blue was saying it's at a level where it's close to being out of control. 

A second spike would be terrible and we'd find ourselves in the same position as we have been in the last 7-8 weeks. 

I suspect his comment about the virus climbing is to do with the R rate creeping back up to 1.0. However, that takes in to account the last few weeks and isn't 'current' as such. The same happened in Germany but their R rate went down slowly for the time they just about came out of lockdown.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, they was saying it's on the rise and close to being out of control so the 2nd wave might hit sooner rather than later

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes, 'could be'. But Happy Blue was saying it's at a level where it's close to being out of control. 

I didn't say that, was some "expert" on the tv this morning  ..i think he was talking about some R value or something

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah no way Liverpool would get two wins from Palace, Brighton, Villa, Burnley and Newcastle

36 minutes ago, Goalgoalabc said:

are you serious? 

Yeah, I mean we're talking about a side that has won 27 of 29 games, how could you possibly expect them to win two more against some of the worst teams in the league?

• Subscriber
On 12/05/2020 at 21:51, Stan said:

Lol what 

Players get slaughtered for not being in control when tackling (even though they probably are). Now told to look away xD

Don't think I've seen a single headline from our media that's football related that doesn't make me roll my eyes or sigh. Just utter nonsense every single time. Impossible to even take seriously.

23 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, you was totally burnt out

Let's not forget we were on a three game winning streak and were very unlucky not to have won the 4-3 last season. Completely plausible we would have caused another 'upset' against a top side.

Burnley and Newcastle keep the defensive back line and midfield very compressed. As we saw against Atletico, Liverpools front three struggle against that.

Aston Villa are scrapping for their lives. Very similar to Watford who tanked Liverpool. Aston Villa have better individual players too.

Brighton would have been a given though.

So three points, four if fortunate, out of them fixtures.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Let's not forget we were on a three game winning streak and were very unlucky not to have won the 4-3 last season. Completely plausible we would have caused another 'upset' against a top side.

Burnley and Newcastle keep the defensive back line and midfield very compressed. As we saw against Atletico, Liverpools front three struggle against that.

Aston Villa are scrapping for their lives. Very similar to Watford who tanked Liverpool. Aston Villa have better individual players too.

Brighton would have been a given though.

So three points, four if fortunate, out of them fixtures.

I think you would of beat them like Watford, they had nothing left and the lower table teams are the hardest to beat at this time of the year so this season does not count in my book, it's just blatant cheating now they have had a rest 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Premier League agrees clubs to return to training as soon as tomorrow. 

*stage 1 of training

Maximum groups of 5 but still no contact and no tackling. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So essentially just rondos xD

Mate if it meant I could be playing football again with some mates I'd happily do that xD 

6 players from 3 clubs have tested positive in the first wave of mass testing.

At this point into lockdown you probably shouldn't have the virus unless you've been mixing households or live with someone in the essential services.

6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

6 players from 3 clubs have tested positive in the first wave of mass testing.

At this point into lockdown you probably shouldn't have the virus unless you've been mixing households or live with someone in the essential services.

I'm assuming they were tested before entering? Meaning they will be sent back to be self isolated?

Archived