talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

No doubt Conte wanted him. And I reckon even the Lukaku transfer will probably die down like the Stones deal. Koulibaly, Romanagli, Nainggolan, Our board are reluctant to get his targets. 

Let's not forget Conte walked away from Juventus because of this. This is why Conte is waiting to pen a new deal with us, and to completely honest I support him on that. 

Chelsea have a history of being fucked by transfers so it is only natural for the club to change to lowballing. The club and the owner are seemingly moving towards a model that leaves the club self-sufficient with less reliance on oil money. Not a bad thing especially if it sets the club up for sustainability beyond ten years.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Chelsea have a history of being fucked by transfers so it is only natural for the club to change to lowballing. The club and the owner are seemingly moving towards a model that leaves the club self-sufficient with less reliance on oil money. Not a bad thing especially if it sets the club up for sustainability beyond ten years.

We also have a history of not strengthening after a title win and leaving signings late. There is also the likes of Cuadrado, Rahman, and Papy signings that were quite literally millions down the drain. 

Conte has a history of walking away from clubs when they don't go after the players he wants. It's what makes me and some uneasy because based on recent history it would seem Conte and our board won't gel well. As long as he gets the players he wants I'll be happy. 

• Subscriber

I actually think Morata will be a decent fit at United. Why would Chelsea get Morata AND Lukaku? With Lukaku in their starting 11 how would Morata be a better fit in that team? 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tolisso off to Bayern. 

Our board really want to make Conte walk don't they. 

Advanced talks, it sounds like it will be wrapped up shortly after the qualifiers. I dont know anything about the player but what ive read sounds promising. Big list of teams that are after him.

8 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I actually think Morata will be a decent fit at United. Why would Chelsea get Morata AND Lukaku? With Lukaku in their starting 11 how would Morata be a better fit in that team? 

Because we would be playing with two strikers, Conte's preferred formation is a 3-5-2. 

Unless United plan on bringing in a #9, I don't see how Morata would strive there being the lone striker. 

5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Advanced talks, it sounds like it will be wrapped up shortly after the qualifiers. I dont know anything about the player but what ive read sounds promising. Big list of teams that are after him.

Yup. We were initially and gutted to have missed out. 

Florian Lejeune is apparently close to moving to us.

Not a game I'm familiar with but got to trust Rafa and his Spanish coaches when it comes to buying players from Spain. A centre-back too, we certainly need one or two of those.

• Subscriber

Slightly old news but we have sent shock waves through the footballing world by signing Chester City centre half Sam Hughes for a nominal fee. Supposedly good.

• Subscriber
On 6/9/2017 at 4:17 PM, Dan said:

Oh my god Fenerbahce linked with Musa for £17.6mil. If we make a profit that's absolutely amazing.

I know someone who has spoken to Shakespeare himself who reckons that we're actually progressing very well in terms of quality signings. No names given but it sounds good.

Explain the - rep bastard @AaroncpfcxD

18 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Everton and West Brom have shown interest in Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson.

Henderson, who was part of England’s Under-20 World Cup winning side, hasn’t made a senior appearance for the Red Devils.

Makes sense for him to want to move to a title winning side. 

Archived