talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

Just now, Toony said:

Of yours?

For a player that talks himself up as much as Lukaku does he should be up for proving a point against the big clubs. You've just played Liverpool & Man United back to back and he's been awful and looked disinterested against both of them.

Of the league. IMG_4233.thumb.JPG.3fbe82fc04461dc9730c07fa318d782a.JPG

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Isn't that what I said? 

xD

That forum is cancer, full of mongoloids. No wonder we are hated as a club because of cunts like those. Are the threads as exciting as before? Sign Ronaldo, Messi, Neuer, Bale, Allah, Jesus Christ, Dybala etc? Are they still in their football manager worlds?

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Of the league. IMG_4233.thumb.JPG.3fbe82fc04461dc9730c07fa318d782a.JPG

Fair enough, don't follow Everton too close but from what I've seen of him against the top clubs he's not looked good. Most of those goals have came against the poorer teams but they all count I guess.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Would a 60 mill bid be enough for Lukaku?

It would get us to the table. We laughed at similar money the summer gone and he's had another season of goals and improved as a footballer. Only downside our end is a year less on the contract. 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

It would get us to the table. We laughed at similar money the summer gone and he's had another season of goals and improved as a footballer. Only downside our end is a year less on the contract. 

If you lot do sell Lukaku I wouldn't get too despondent. Troy Deeney will probably be available! 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

If you lot do sell Lukaku I wouldn't get too despondent. Troy Deeney will probably be available! 

Not a case of if, it's when. 

Club is on an upward trajectory with or without Lukaku. We'll wave on our way past. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Not a case of if, it's when. 

Club is on an upward trajectory with or without Lukaku. We'll wave on our way past. 

You are ill admit but replacing Lukaku's goals is going to be a major problem. 20+ goals a season strikers don't grow on trees and if you can't offer CL football then it's virtually impossible to acquire one. 

The best chance you have is doing what you did with Lukaku initially and take a chance on a youngster and hope he comes good. 

35 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You are ill admit but replacing Lukaku's goals is going to be a major problem. 20+ goals a season strikers don't grow on trees and if you can't offer CL football then it's virtually impossible to acquire one. 

The best chance you have is doing what you did with Lukaku initially and take a chance on a youngster and hope he comes good. 

I don't think we'll look to replace his goal tally initially. Can see it being a completely different striker to Lukaku. 

We'll find out this summer anyway, cos Rom is gone this window. 

I think hazard will go to madrid and get Morata in return plus some $$$. Morata recently said he would like to play for Conte again so this might happen and then chelsea will replace hazard with sanchez... 

• Subscriber

We're lining up a £30mil bid for Ben Gibson.

Astonishing money. How good is Gibson in people's eyes?

I'm really torn here. I feel like in the summer I was saying "is Keane really worth £18mil?" yet I know full-well in hindsight I'd be all over that now.

We badly need a defender though. Huth and Morgan are both ageing.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're lining up a £30mil bid for Ben Gibson.

Astonishing money. How good is Gibson in people's eyes?

I'm really torn here. I feel like in the summer I was saying "is Keane really worth £18mil?" yet I know full-well in hindsight I'd be all over that now.

We badly need a defender though. Huth and Morgan are both ageing.

No way is that true. It can't be.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No way is that true. It can't be.

Saw Middlesbrough fans on Twitter saying £30mil a couple of weeks ago, and our most reliable journalist today has said he's our top target.

If it happens, I'm hoping this is a man who can captain this side for a good 8/9 years, providing no-one snares him from us of course. I've not seen enough of Gibson to say how good he actually is and it's hard to judge defenders on highlights, but he's very highly rated and Middlesbrough's problems are quite well documented as not being at the back.

But fucking hell, thirty million.

11 hours ago, 6666 said:

We've apparently signed Kolasinac on a free from Schalke. Solid player that can play a number of poisitions who'll add squad depth but not sure if it'll improve the peak we can reach.

Nice. Xhaka and Kolasinac. You're going to finish most of your matches with 9 men on the pitch next season! 

Ben Gibson would be a good player for Leicester I reckon. Huth's not getting any younger and the other bloke is probably scarred for life after going up against Christian Benteke yesetrday. Ben Gibson has all the English CB attributes of being determined, composed, vocal and will probably grow season upon season as he gets more familiar and comfortable with his role. But there must be better value for money defenders at thirty million.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours that Ox to us is almost a done deal. 

Not sure how I feel about this if true? 

At best I reckon he's a very good squad filler that can cover a variety of positions. 

with £35m being the fee reported, I think you've been ripped off there. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours that Ox to us is almost a done deal. 

Not sure how I feel about this if true? 

At best I reckon he's a very good squad filler that can cover a variety of positions. 

I think with the way Liverpool press forward and his new found versatility he'd be a good addition for Liverpool. Personally i'd like to see how he'd do under Pep's guidance at Citeh but it would be more beneifical for our national team if he joined either club.

Archived