talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I laughed at your comment because you've been more passionate about Roman these past several days than I have ever seen you supporting Liverpool in the 10 years I've been on this forum 

Total shite right there.

I've barely said a word regarding Chelsea until today, prove me wrong.

As for not supporting Liverpool... im from Liverpool, I was born there.. I don't need to wank over them every single day. However... ive been accused plenty of times on here of being over protective of Liverpool. You must struggle to read if you have never seen that? 

My affiliation to Liverpool compared to you and Chelsea is not even worth debating mate. Don't even go there. 

A scouser loving his home town club v's an American loving Chelsea fan .. pfffttt

Edited by LFCMadLad

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I laughed at your comment because you've been more passionate about Roman these past several days than I have ever seen you supporting Liverpool in the 10 years I've been on this forum. Genuinely. 

You'll not find one Chelsea supporter that isn't going to appreciate what Roman did for the club. 

To question his commitment to the club isn't just downright stupid, its Phil's bald head. 

You’ve quoted media speculation as fact and tried to hold the fact he said he didn’t want to sell the club against him - when it’s still clear he’d prefer not to sell the club. Trying to paint a narrative of serial lies in one week when there’s no real examples to point to this week. It’s an exaggeration on your point to try and shit all over his statement because you hold a clear grudge to the man - most of which is probably been formed on lies and Chelsea’s success under him.

What do you know about Roman that is actually 100% fact btw? I’m not pretending Roman is perfect. I’m sure there’s plenty of stuff I don’t know about him that I’m glad I don’t. I also know there’s plenty of stuff written in the media about him that’s not true because it riles up rival football fans looking for blood.

Lol mate he loves some club in London that he’s probably never heard of before he started looking to buy it, he’s fond now no doubt but it was always about being visible in a western free economy and able to cash in quickly if needed. They effectively stole billions then scattered outside of Russia as Putin has hunted them unless they did what he said. He’s in danger of losing EU assets so he’s cashing in on his insurance policy which is Chelsea, a two week deadline. He’s a billionaire that can’t get his cash so he’s cutting his loses and running.

charity with net proceeds means he can dump all the profit not pay capital gains tax and amortise the profit against the charity so he’s maxing his return rather than pay the tax. Great PR though and Ukraine may get some of it but it’s more about him maxing out his profits and keeping what money he can while his world crumbles around him. 

it was always this way, he brought it to be visible harder for him to be taken out if big news in a western country. Face it you’ve been a front, trophies are tainted effectively you’re the Lance Armstrong of the footballing world, history will remember you as cheats 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

So who has the money to buy Chelsea for £2 billion plus?  It's similar to selling Manchester United, the only people who have that kind of money are the Arabs and the Chinese and we don't want either involved in football.  Better the devil you know.

Saudis probably looking for their receipt to Newcastle to see if they can get a refund.

18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol mate he loves some club in London that he’s probably never heard of before he started looking to buy it, he’s fond now no doubt but it was always about being visible in a western free economy and able to cash in quickly if needed. They effectively stole billions then scattered outside of Russia as Putin has hunted them unless they did what he said. He’s in danger of losing EU assets so he’s cashing in on his insurance policy which is Chelsea, a two week deadline. He’s a billionaire that can’t get his cash so he’s cutting his loses and running.

charity with net proceeds means he can dump all the profit not pay capital gains tax and amortise the profit against the charity so he’s maxing his return rather than pay the tax. Great PR though and Ukraine may get some of it but it’s more about him maxing out his profits and keeping what money he can while his world crumbles around him. 

it was always this way, he brought it to be visible harder for him to be taken out if big news in a western country. Face it you’ve been a front, trophies are tainted effectively you’re the Lance Armstrong of the footballing world, history will remember you as cheats 

I'd agree if the bulk of media articles you're referencing to weren't challenged in court and lost. Again, it's difficult to determine what is factual and what isn't so I ask you, what do you know is 100% factual?  

By all means you can reserve the right to be cynical, but I will always question those with desperate one sided arguments where it is evident they can't give a non biased opinion on this. You’re easily swayed by any negative articles (regardless if they end up being true or not) and you instantly challenge anything positive. For a very big and public “PR stunt” announced as a personal statement it would contradict the whole purpose of what he’s trying to achieve if he is bullshitting. For him to make that claim in big public personal statement - which is very rare from him - it defeats the purpose of it all being for PR if he backs out of that claim.

Ah so we've transitioned from "He doesn't love Chelsea" to "He didn't love you from the start". Continuing to prove my point. I've never seen any owner in world football more involved than Roman Abramovich. We consider not only his investment to the club, but to the youth academy and women's team, both of which are now the best in the country. Consider the fact he's attended every home game and Cup Final before his VISA issues, that's a bizarre commitment to be so involved considering the club is only just a front. 

42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Total shite right there.

I've barely said a word regarding Chelsea until today, prove me wrong.

As for not supporting Liverpool... im from Liverpool, I was born there.. I don't need to wank over them every single day. However... ive been accused plenty of times on here of being over protective of Liverpool. You must struggle to read if you have never seen that? 

My affiliation to Liverpool compared to you and Chelsea is not even worth debating mate. Don't even go there. 

A scouser loving his home town club v's an American loving Chelsea fan .. pfffttt

Grow up mate. Way to take a little dig completely over the top. 

It could have happened to any club, but Manchester United's success in the burgeoning years of the Premier League coupled with their marketing of Beckham and the club itself is the worse thing that ever happened to world football. New Corps' worldwide reach, the TV money, Manchester United being the first world famous club, set the path for England's top league to not be 'English' but a 'world league'. Importing players from Europe and South America became the norm, instead of Ireland and Scotland, transfer fees had nearly quadrupled since the 80s, and English teams breaking their own spending records en mass, sixteen years on from the first million pound player the record was sitting at over seven million pounds. Foreign ownership is a symptom of the globalisation of the English football, not the cause, it's easy to forget that Manchester United has smashed the transfer record two years in a row buying two players just shy of the thirty million pound mark in 2001 and 2002, Chelsea broke it with Shevchenko in 2006 by 1.7 million more pounds. The precedent of spending had been set in earlier years, Blackburn Rovers, Alan Shearer, Dennis Bergkamp, Stan Collymore, and many others. The foreign ownership and aggression shown by Chelsea in the mid 00s merely exasperated what was already a festering wound. The results weren't just changing English football but European as well, going over to Spain Fiorentino Perez took the Premier League's modus operandi and applied marketable and expensive players to Real Madrid, resulting the two Galacticos generations marked by four astonishing transfers of English talent to Spain, Beckham, Owen, Ronaldo, and Bale.

Six of the world's ten most valuable clubs play in the England, and further three more in the top twenty. Everton is more valuable than AC Milan, Tottenham is more valuable than Juventus. 9 out of the 16 world transfer records since 1991 were set by English clubs, and only one each by Chelsea and Man City respectively. 

Without Sky and the Premier League there would be no Abramovic, Saudis, and Emiratis, no United smashing the English transfer record four times in the league's first decade, less importing of foreign players, and maybe the only moneybags you'd be looking for is Jack Walker at Blackburn. It is very easy to blame foreign investment, in fact I'd say you are right if you do, but not Abramovic, not the Sheiks, Thais, and Saudis, it's some cunt born in Melbourne, Australia that gave up his citizenship to be American in the 80s you want to blame. Jointly with Greg Dyke and the representatives of Arsenal, Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Tottenham that agreed to the breakaway league. To make a deal that throttle's every other club in England and Wales so they can take the Lion's Share of the TV money.

• Upvote 1

A lot of sensational views in here, in my mind all the top 4/6 clubs have their trophies tainted by money or dirty money or even going back to the foundations of the Premier League itself. The worst armchair fans I’ve met in Sheff have either been Liverpool or United ones in fairness to Chelsea. I do wonder if/when the bubble bursts and we go to a German system of fan owned teams at the top, probably not in our lifetimes. 

Good news for Chelsea in my eyes.

If they no longer have the freedom to pay what they like for players, and have to be more frugal, then it will stop them wasting money buying back people they originally flogged because they didn't make the instant impact they expected. Patience will be required.

Equally, they may actually keep and play some of the promising youngsters they have than see them breakout at other clubs like we've seen recently with your Gallagher's, Livramento's and Broja's. I mean, they have one of the best youth acadamies going currently, it's an excellent resource for developing their squad for the next decade or so, they will be fine.

I expect the new breed of Chelsea fan will be crying into their cornflakes but quite frankly, if they lose a few plastics along the way then fuck 'em, they'll be better for it. I got good mates who are Chelsea boys pre-Roman era, when Stamford Bridge was basically a dog track with a couple stands. They had a history before Roman and they'll make a new one for themselves after him. 

• Upvote 1

I'm just waiting patiently for some shell company venture capitalist group to make the purchase, only for leaked documents in 20 years time to reveal that the shell corp was owned by the City group, and that's why City and Chelsea have alternated titles for the next 20 years with Guardiola moving back and forth xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Good news for Chelsea in my eyes.

If they no longer have the freedom to pay what they like for players, and have to be more frugal, then it will stop them wasting money buying back people they originally flogged because they didn't make the instant impact they expected. Patience will be required.

Equally, they may actually keep and play some of the promising youngsters they have than see them breakout at other clubs like we've seen recently with your Gallagher's, Livramento's and Broja's. I mean, they have one of the best youth acadamies going currently, it's an excellent resource for developing their squad for the next decade or so, they will be fine.

I expect the new breed of Chelsea fan will be crying into their cornflakes but quite frankly, if they lose a few plastics along the way then fuck 'em, they'll be better for it. I got good mates who are Chelsea boys pre-Roman era, when Stamford Bridge was basically a dog track with a couple stands. They had a history before Roman and they'll make a new one for themselves after him. 

You’d think so but they are a rich as fuck club mate, and they hock their players at a premium when they do. They get all the same TV rights and sponsors as clubs like Man United, and United spend a lot, Who actually knows how much personal money Abramovic puts in the last decade, couldn’t be as much as the first decade.

I think people underestimate how much Chelsea has become a mainstay powerhouse, and think it is all Abramovic money.

50 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm just waiting patiently for some shell company venture capitalist group to make the purchase, only for leaked documents in 20 years time to reveal that the shell corp was owned by the City group, and that's why City and Chelsea have alternated titles for the next 20 years with Guardiola moving back and forth xD

I as talking about shell companies once ages ago and @LFCMadLad thought I was talking about Shell petrol stations xD 

I can’t believe I remember that but it was so funny, sorry mate! 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Spike said:

I as talking about shell companies once ages ago and @LFCMadLad thought I was talking about Shell petrol stations xD 

I can’t believe I remember that but it was so funny, sorry mate! 

I can't remember which Liverpool fan it was, but one was absolutely INSISTENT Dinosaurs never existed. When confronted about it years later, he said it was a wind up, but there's no way it was. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I can't remember which Liverpool fan it was, but one was absolutely INSISTENT Dinosaurs never existed. When confronted about it years later, he said it was a wind up, but there's no way it was. 

Lmfao you’ve got to figure out who that’s the fucking funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

• Haha 1

tired of the "buy trophies", ruining football rhetoric often pushed by fans of teams that have held iron grip of their league's to secure European money and financial dominance over the league.  let's not kid ourselves to think that mostly all of the European football money derives from China, Russia and the UAE.  the Athletic covered that in 2020  

it appears more like the "top6" is threatened when someone may come to usurp them.

the Chelsea sale is a big body blow to the Premiership, when you considered how terrible the handling and unfairness of the process was during the Newcastle take over, this one is going to sting a little.  to find owners as rich as abramovich is going to be nearly impossible.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Lucas said:

They had a history before Roman and they'll make a new one for themselves after him. 

This is really important. Obviously success and trophies in football are great but really, it's about being there and being a part of something collective.. That's not to say Chelsea are likely to stop being an elite side anytime soon either.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

tired of the "buy trophies", ruining football rhetoric often pushed by fans of teams that have held iron grip of their league's to secure European money and financial dominance over the league.  let's not kid ourselves to think that mostly all of the European football money derives from China, Russia and the UAE.  the Athletic covered that in 2020  

it appears more like the "top6" is threatened when someone may come to usurp them.

the Chelsea sale is a big body blow to the Premiership, when you considered how terrible the handling and unfairness of the process was during the Newcastle take over, this one is going to sting a little.  to find owners as rich as abramovich is going to be nearly impossible.

The obscene money in the premier league is nothing new. Would United have had a 20 year period of dominance had the TV money for league winners not been outrageous? Who knows but probably not.

Chelsea were weird because aside from being incredibly wealthy compared to competitors, the owner had close ties to a dictatorship. With City and Newcastle the ties to the dictatorship are so close you can’t actually separate them from the dictator - and both of them are playing a leading role in the genocide in Yemen.

I don’t think it’s that strange that dictators and war involved in British football gives people bad vibes.

23 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

They all knew Roman was a bent bastard when he took over... everyone did. He is an evil bastard and I called him a cunt.. I then got laughed at by a Chelsea fan for calling him a cunt. 

That's all I've got to say on it. I'll never change my mind about him and I'll never stop believing that Chelsea was built on that cunts money. 

Any pics?

• Haha 1